Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 192071 times)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #495 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 15:58:20 »

The excuses reasons have already been mentioned several times (5-30 KO on a Sunday, lack of trains from and back to Swindon, over-priced tickets etc) but, for all that, 19K is disappointing.  I don't get the excuse about having been to Wembley a couple of times in the last 5 years.  That's just bollocks.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 16:17:12 »

Two adult and two junior tickets have cost me just short of £200.  That's without factoring in the cost of travel, food, drink and the flags/hats/god knows what the boys will want to buy.  We'll probably be looking at nearer £350 in total.

I'm currently on maternity leave, so money is quite tight and really our priorities should be elsewhere.  However, I couldn't miss it, so I've banged it all on the credit card and will worry about it later.  I can fully understand other families who don't really follow Swindon not being able to justify that sort of cost.  You can get a long weekend at Butlins or somewhere for similar money.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 16:22:33 »

Similar situation. I said the the Mrs that for the three of us it will be £200 all in. She said that's four meals out in the summer holidays. I can't argue with her, hell £200 will buy a Greek Island!

Sorry to sound rude as I don't know you but FFS! Games like this are potentially what lifetime memories are made of. Many of us have families. I've got 4 kids myself but I'm breaking the bank so that perhaps one day they can look back on the day they saw the Town do them proud at Wembley. Who is ever gonna look back with such passion at a few trips to bloody Pizza Express! Seriously.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 16:32:09 »

The excuses reasons have already been mentioned several times (5-30 KO on a Sunday, lack of trains from and back to Swindon, over-priced tickets etc) but, for all that, 19K is disappointing.  I don't get the excuse about having been to Wembley a couple of times in the last 5 years.  That's just bollocks.

I understand you're frustration mate. I'm with you. At the same time though, we've struggled to get more than 8,000 fans to get off their arses and walk down the road regularly this season. It's not a complete shock we've not managed to persuade 10,000 who've obviously only a little interest to part with their dosh this time. I'm actually more surprised we've managed to get them to do it in the past.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 16:34:44 »

Sorry to sound rude as I don't know you but FFS! Games like this are potentially what lifetime memories are made of. Many of us have families. I've got 4 kids myself but I'm breaking the bank so that perhaps one day they can look back on the day they saw the Town do them proud at Wembley. Who is ever gonna look back with such passion at a few trips to bloody Pizza Express! Seriously.

There was a bloke writing on here last time (Chesterfield) about how he'd rather have a BBQ. We're obviously a nation obsessed by food. :-)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #500 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 16:38:17 »

The bigger worry is one of future investment. Given our crowds this season and 20k to Wembley why would people want to chip in. I would imagine power will be pretty fucked off at the figures
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #501 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 16:47:41 »

The bigger worry is one of future investment. Given our crowds this season and 20k to Wembley why would people want to chip in. I would imagine power will be pretty fucked off at the figures

Agreed
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 16:51:29 »

Clap Good for you, I don't know you either you also don't pay my mortgage or know my financial status. Nor the fact that we've had three ST for the last three years and I've had mine for another four on top of that. I've also been to two away games this season on my own and been to Wembley every time except '69 and my lot came with me to the JPT final. On top of that I have also supported the town mostly home and occasionally away since '74. I have enough memories to last me my days thanks. I will also be there next season without the ST's and go to more away games than this year whichever league we are in. So don't preach to me and anyone else who has decided not to go to Wembley for whatever reasons they seem fit to run with. I hope you and your four kids have a great day out.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 17:41:11 »

Can only think that it's evidence of the Tories' fake recovery. Money's tighter than ever.
This. I've already got my season ticket for next season but no spare money for holidays or treats.
Times are hard for the section of the community that is semi or none skilled and have to compete with the third world immigrants.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #504 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 18:00:01 »

This. I've already got my season ticket for next season but no spare money for holidays or treats.
Times are hard for the section of the community that is semi or none skilled and have to compete with the third world immigrants.

At least the Wembley crowd will be more diverse.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 18:21:48 »

Spot on. If people can't afford it then understandable but this is STFC at Wembley and simply not to be missed.
Swindon Town Fan

« Reply #506 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 18:23:23 »

Clap Good for you, I don't know you either you also don't pay my mortgage or know my financial status. Nor the fact that we've had three ST for the last three years and I've had mine for another four on top of that. I've also been to two away games this season on my own and been to Wembley every time except '69 and my lot came with me to the JPT final. On top of that I have also supported the town mostly home and occasionally away since '74. I have enough memories to last me my days thanks. I will also be there next season without the ST's and go to more away games than this year whichever league we are in. So don't preach to me and anyone else who has decided not to go to Wembley for whatever reasons they seem fit to run with. I hope you and your four kids have a great day out.

Claiming to be a proper fan and then stating the reason your not going to your teams play off final is because you can have a better time elsewhere with the cash, does make you sound like a total plastic tbh, enjoy your meal.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 18:27:40 »

Taking 10k less to a promotion final than to a trophy final is quite baffling. Perhaps there are some prem games to watch on the telly 
Swindon Town Fan

« Reply #508 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 18:31:12 »

I think the boys deserve more, so come on "Town fans" pull your finger out.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 18:35:17 by Swindon Town Fan » Logged
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 18:35:46 »

Claiming to be a proper fan and then stating the reason your not going to your teams play off final is because you can have a better time elsewhere with the cash, does make you sound like a total plastic tbh, enjoy your meal.

Holiday, you holier than thou supercilious prick! But thanks anyway. I bit my tongue on my original reply though clearly you have not digested all of my post, so you can now fuck off. Next time you go to Wembley, let's hope you have found the condoms otherwise you'll be taking five kids.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: