Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 191944 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:24:34 »

If we can't get fans interested in a one off game for promotion it shows the limit of support should we get to the championship
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:28:15 »

If we can't get fans interested in a one off game for promotion it shows the limit of support should we get to the championship

If we get promoted I think our average will rise from 7k to between 7.5k and 8k. Teams like Leeds etc attract numbers. If we stay up it can only go up. Slow and steady wins the race... I guess. Good old optimism.

The Wembley game isn't going to sell out due to the travel issues, the pricing in this economy and our form in the lead up to it.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:28:53 »

Hear what you are saying, but yet we got ~30K going to the JPT final..
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:32:34 »

Middle of a BH weekend
5.30 pm KO
No trains from Swindon
Rip off Wembley prices
3rd time at Wembley in 5 years

Take your pick
Only me going so not a problem but if was taking family would be a no go  No

Even 22k would be a massive improvement on our home attendances so not bothered
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:38:49 »

Have people not looked at the attendances from our last three seasons in the second tier? They're hardly glowing.

Same stadium, similar turmoil, same fan base.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:49:35 »

If we get promoted I think our average will rise from 7k to between 7.5k and 8k. Teams like Leeds etc attract numbers. If we stay up it can only go up. Slow and steady wins the race... I guess. Good old optimism.

The Wembley game isn't going to sell out due to the travel issues, the pricing in this economy and our form in the lead up to it.

We averaged 7980 or very similar this season, we'd average over 10 in the league up, probably more.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #486 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:51:37 »

In many ways I do agree but there are a lot of things this weekend that count against us such as train travel not being available from Swindon as I am sure that for the JPT we had many thousand (5k+) day trippers travelled up on the train.

There is also a lot of apathy about "new" Wembley after our last 2 visits.

Cost of tickets/food/drink, lack ease of travel for this game.

Most of our fans genuinely thinking that we have almost zero chance of winning, especially after Mondays game (which I thought was a fantastic advert for L1 if not for defending)

The stupid kick off time (pandering to Sky).

Saying that its still no excuses, when I was a young lad/adult I could only dream about going to Wembley and reliving the 1969 LC win which was drummed in me from a young age by my Town supporting family. Then when I was 23 we got there and that made me crave going back for more.

I missed the play off with 'wall due to a family wedding but I won't miss us going there again, for all its cost and faults its still Wembley and for football fans thats the Mecca and many teams will never get to Wembley and never have been.

I am determined to enjoy the day no matter what result as for me this season has been a massive bonus culminating in a trip to Wembley....they don't get a lot better than that.

If we go up we will comfortably get a season average to over 10k, in the main due to the much higher away followings.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:54:52 »

Similar situation. I said the the Mrs that for the three of us it will be £200 all in. She said that's four meals out in the summer holidays. I can't argue with her, hell £200 will buy a Greek Island!

Maybe you should change your name to Fed and proud.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:57:47 »

At the end of the day 99.99% of people who actually go to games, I mean the mundane, everyday games in League 1, will be going to Wembley. The fact that there looks to be a decline in casual day trippers shouldn't really bother anyone. If (and it's a fucking big if) we do get promotion, the hoped for increase in attendance will come from the 20,000+ that will be there, not the 10,000 odd that won't.

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #489 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 13:03:00 »

Wembley used to be a once in a lifetime for many clubs but the play offs mean it comes around more regularly and for most teams. Even if you go out of the league you've got a chance like Grimsby. As a lifetime experience it has been devalued by the prices haven't. Play offs at Wembley were a cynical fan exploitation tool that is running out of steam. Looking at the semi final attendance's show fans are getting fucked off with it.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 13:31:08 »

£40 dearest ticket today for Grimsby, daughter is there.
Tho they only have lower tier, Brovers have all 3 tiers so be interesting to see what they paid
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #491 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 13:45:05 »

£40 dearest ticket today for Grimsby, daughter is there.
Tho they only have lower tier, Brovers have all 3 tiers so be interesting to see what they paid

Ticket Information:                                                                     

Tickets are available via on-line sales or telephone:

Category 1 £41.00 - No concessions                                                           

Category 2 £36.00 - Concessions (Juniors Under 16 years of age) £18.00

Tickets are only available via See Tickets  the agency handling sale and delivery.   

Each ticket will accrue a booking fee of £3 with the exception of tickets at £18 which will accrue a fee of £1.50 for each ticket.

Postal delivery will be charged at the following:                                                   

First Class Postage £2.35   Special Delivery £6.25

Read more at http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2015/Conference-Play-Off-Final/Conference-Play-Off#8yxTZKo3qpUGmovl.99

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 14:29:04 »

Cheers
£3 booking fee  Eek thought ours was dear
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 14:34:08 »

From stfcstore

Sales have slowed down this weekend for Wembley tickets. We are at 19k now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 15:02:36 »

so 20k or so then. disappointing but meh
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: