Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 192367 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 08:13:40 »

I think our Italian manager helped a lot of non-Town fans make their Wembley decision in 2012. It's incredibly harsh to think that some people are not going because of the manner of our previous two losses at Wembley. Only Foderingham remains from our last trip.

Swindon Town are a small team, 30,000 includes a hell of a lot of 'soft spot' Swindon fans - we can't attract them every time. Especially without the trains and the 1730 kick off on a Bank Holiday weekend.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 08:22:59 »

I haven't bought yet. Just ain't got around to it yet...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 08:29:13 »

I haven't bought yet. Just ain't got around to it yet...

The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 08:53:35 »

35,000 and lose or 3,500 and get promoted, i know which one means more to me.
Swindon Town Fan

« Reply #469 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 08:57:48 »

SAS Travel reporting slow bus ticket sales, 62 coaches sold for Millwall and they doubt they will sell out 40, whatever the reasons it's a real shame that people are not to coming out to support the team.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 09:03:20 »

SAS Travel reporting slow bus ticket sales, 62 coaches sold for Millwall and they doubt they will sell out 40, whatever the reasons it's a real shame that people are not to coming out to support the team.

Has real trouble getting a coach in south wilts. Bank holiday weekend though, so some would of been booked up before.

Clems Army!
Combe Down

« Reply #471 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 09:23:18 »

Any think that people are put off going because our defence leaks like a sieve?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 09:23:52 »

Our support has been shit all season.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 09:26:40 »

I don't think I could ever predict the mind of a "fair weather fan". I wasn't surprised we had 30k plus against Millwall. It was 17 years since the last time plus this was the new all singing, all dancing Wembley.

I was more surprised that we took 30k plus against Chesterfield for a tin pot cup final that doesn't really mean that much. Yes I would have loved to win it but it wasn't long since we last went there and I would definitely not hold it in such high regard as a play off final.

Now we have a BIG game and looks like we'll struggle to 22k, if that. It's quite bizarre really. My only thoughts are perhaps the prices were lower for the JPT and dare I mention the PDC factor?! Other than that I'm bemused.

You've pretty much summed up what I was thinking.

It's a real shame that the fact we got to Wembley in the JPT Final now seems to be having a direct impact on the numbers going to this one.  Personally I'd rather have had a shit crowd for a nothing final and a good one for an important one.

In some blocks, it doesn't appear that any tickets have been sold since Friday, as the same seats are coming up that were available then.

People can't really buy any later rhan Tuesday otherwise there's a risk the tickets won't get here in time.  Can't see there suddenly being a mad rush.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 09:28:16 by joteddyred » Logged
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 09:38:20 »

You can get them on the day. Still, i think there should be a last push to by local media to encourage people to go. Whatever happens, we just need to make sure we're a lot more vocal.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #475 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 10:05:34 »

Our support has been shit all season.
I think this sums it up quite nicely. I know several people who went previously and are not going now. The bottom line is they can't be arsed regardless of cost time trains etc. They'll watch it at home or in a pub. Although I'm disappointed I can't really blame them. I thought wed be lucky to take 25 it looks like my pessimism was actually optimism.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #476 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 10:11:04 »

It's a shame if that crowd is down, but inevitable really. A massive proportion of people would have gone as a one-off against Millwall or Chesterfield. Of course they're less likely to go again. On the plus side, you'll get served at the bar quicker, get away quicker (hopefully straight into a pub to celebrate), and unlike that last two occasions, there might be an atmosphere.... Can't wait, bring it on.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 10:18:40 »

Also the build up last time from the club was more prominant, a pop up shop with player appearances (ok so timescale is a factor here)

people see 40 a ticket, 20 travel, plus money for food and drink, close to summer holidays, prob with a small family, and just cant justify going. Difficult as it was, I had to admit defeat to the mrs and decide not to go, I will tho drive to swindon and watch the game with my dad in a pub, thats about the best I can do. To those who are going, your gonna have a great day anyway.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 10:24:38 »

Similar situation. I said the the Mrs that for the three of us it will be £200 all in. She said that's four meals out in the summer holidays. I can't argue with her, hell £200 will buy a Greek Island!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:17:15 »

I'm taking two Swindon-for-the-day neutrals who were tempted by the sexy semis. Sad that we're taking fewer than before, when there's every reason to have more faith in this team than the previous ones.

Can only think that it's evidence of the Tories' fake recovery. Money's tighter than ever.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: