Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 191432 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:01:18 »

if its anything like our last 2 appearances, fucking dire Suicide

Talking to a Watford mate at work today, and he was moaning that Palace beat them a few years back as they got 200 or so of their singers in one block. All the Watford ones were dotted around and there was no atmosphere in their end, hence Palace raised their game. Straws and clutching etc, but the signs are starting to mount up... In my head anyway
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:02:06 »

To do with what end of the stadium fans will naturally approach it
It usually seems that way, but this time it doesn't for us as we generally approach from the West, being West and Preston will come in via the North into Euston won't they (well, if there were any trains)?  Reckon they chose it pre semi final and probably hedged on Preston vs. Sheff Utd.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:03:48 »

It usually seems that way, but this time it doesn't for us as we generally approach from the West, being West and Preston will come in via the North into Euston won't they (well, if there were any trains)?  Reckon they chose it pre semi final and probably hedged on Preston vs. Sheff Utd.

It actually doesn't matter that much, you just aim for the nearest tube to your end I would have thought, and got off at that station. It would only really matter if you walked from Swindon or Preston.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:04:12 »

Talking to a Watford mate at work today, and he was moaning that Palace beat them a few years back as they got 200 or so of their singers in one block. All the Watford ones were dotted around and there was no atmosphere in their end, hence Palace raised their game. Straws and clutching etc, but the signs are starting to mount up... In my head anyway

The Palace group are well organised though, Holmesdale Fanatics, all sit in the bottom corner of the stand.  Reckon they probably arranged to go together - such large groups are rare  in English football.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:05:44 »

It actually doesn't matter that much, you just aim for the nearest tube to your end I would have thought, and got off at that station. It would only really matter if you walked from Swindon or Preston.
I quite fancy the change, although the pubs look a bit shit our side if you do fancy a pint near the ground - although the previous ones weren't that great either.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:06:43 »

Anything that's different from our last two visits I'm taking as a good omen. So I'm very happy we're in the east end of the stadium!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:08:12 »

The Palace group are well organised though, Holmesdale Fanatics, all sit in the bottom corner of the stand.  Reckon they probably arranged to go together - such large groups are rare  in English football.
I don't doubt that. I was alluding to the fact that lots of ours are in 111, and the London/reading lot in 113. I did mention clutching straws Wink
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:10:02 »

Anything that's different from our last two visits I'm taking as a good omen

This...

Soon as I heard chants of "We've never lost at Wembley!" I knew we were doomed  Bad Mood
EldeneRed

« Reply #323 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:11:18 »

I don't doubt that. I was alluding to the fact that lots of ours are in 111, and the London/reading lot in 113. I did mention clutching straws Wink

Preston are a rather big club, think they'll be as organised as us?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:16:03 »

This...

Soon as I heard chants of "We've never lost at Wembley!" I knew we were doomed  Bad Mood

Jaybox has done his bit. I therefore task you with composing and singing a pre match song, that can include We've never won, scored, or in fact got close to fucking scoring at new Wembley... If you don't and we lose I'm afraid it's on your head Wink
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:17:14 »

Preston are a rather big club, think they'll be as organised as us?

Nowhere near, check their forum. Those boys seem a little too relaxed.. We'll be coming full bore on and off the pitch ')
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:18:35 »

113 will be rocking.

Especially singing the song I've half nicked from somewhere...

Aye, aye, aye,
Foderingham's better than Yashin,
Kasim is better than Eusabio,
And Preston are in for a thrashing.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:19:16 »

Sung to daytrip to Bangor?
EldeneRed

« Reply #328 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:20:34 »

Nowhere near, check their forum. Those boys seem a little too relaxed.. We'll be coming full bore on and off the pitch ')

I've looked and noticed this. They have a totally different mood to their forum than ours. I'd say a little cynical too.

Our team and our fans are warriors though. If they underestimate us or think we're going to play piggie in the middle with them all game, they've another thing coming.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:23:46 »

Sung to daytrip to Bangor?

Don't think so, but fucked if I know the tune. I mean I do, but I don't know what it's called.

Edit: Cielito Lindo (sp) a Mexican tune from 1882. It looks like Chelsea used to sing it about Peter Bonetti.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 21:27:34 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: