Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thead  (Read 39381 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 19:46:56 »

We really miss Louis Thompson. With him in the team he always helped out the defence by tracking back. The others are less inclined to do that.

He was on the radio prior to the game and said his recovery is going well and is ahead of schedule.  Didn't elaborate, so don't know whether there's a chance he could be back for the play offs (or whether Norwich would even allow it).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 19:49:53 »

He was on the radio prior to the game and said his recovery is going well and is ahead of schedule.  Didn't elaborate, so don't know whether there's a chance he could be back for the play offs (or whether Norwich would even allow it).
if his loan deal expires after the play-offs I don't think Narrrrrcchhh can't prevent us from playing him if fit
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 19:52:22 »

Gladwin is a bloody good player, makes the game look easy, but I can see why people can think he isn't sometimes, as he is what you would call a languid type, in the fact he sometimes doesn't look as if he's moving much. But if he screws up, it doesn't phase him, he'll keep doing what he does, and he does it good a lot. Only thing I would say he could do with , is being a bit luckier! He probably could have had 7 or 8 goals by now. Good, full pre season, and keep those niggling hammy's under control and he'll be untouchable next season, if he keeps progressing, as it doesn't seem to matter if defenders know what he'll do, he'll beat them anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 19:58:41 »

good summary Sutton.

going to add that sometimes his passing is wayward or he makes the wrong decision. felt this was the case today.

but on the flip side he has made very good experience played look like idiots.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 20:05:54 »

In fact, I'll predict now that a big champ side will put in a 7 figure bid for him in the summer. If I'm wrong I'll draw Himmler glasses to go with Audrey's hitler tache on him.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 20:08:31 »

Gladwin is a bloody good player, makes the game look easy, but I can see why people can think he isn't sometimes, as he is what you would call a languid type, in the fact he sometimes doesn't look as if he's moving much. But if he screws up, it doesn't phase him, he'll keep doing what he does, and he does it good a lot. Only thing I would say he could do with , is being a bit luckier! He probably could have had 7 or 8 goals by now. Good, full pre season, and keep those niggling hammy's under control and he'll be untouchable next season, if he keeps progressing, as it doesn't seem to matter if defenders know what he'll do, he'll beat them anyway.

Very well put, I really rate Gladwin, unfortunately I've got an idiot sat in front of me that just shouts abuse at Gladwin everytime he touches the ball which is getting very annoying.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 20:27:22 »

In fact, I'll predict now that a big champ side will put in a 7 figure bid for him in the summer. If I'm wrong I'll draw Himmler glasses to go with Audrey's hitler tache on him.

wow! million

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 20:28:25 »

And I'll get Adje pissed in the Market Porter before the Millwall game...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 20:43:56 »

Just so you know, every time we beat Peterborough one nil on Grand National day we get promoted. It's a small sample size,I grant you, but fuck it I'll take it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
adje

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 20:51:30 »

And I'll get Adje pissed in the Market Porter before the Millwall game...

deal

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 21:17:58 »

if his loan deal expires after the play-offs I don't think Narrrrrcchhh can't prevent us from playing him if fit
You don't think they can't prevent it?? I have to admit to being slightly confused at this point  Huh?
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 21:20:42 »

I think most comments on here got it near spot on.

For me best players were, as most have said, Obika and Ricketts,
but also Luongo, not for his work going forwards, but his work after he
took over Rodgers role, that was key to not dropping 2 points for me.

Rodgers looked like what we needed to shield the defence first half - he also
played the pass of the match. Then 2nd half he went completely to pot... very strange.

Still not seeing much evidence in the forward play that the front 6 are being coached
enough on attacking ideas. They seem indecisive most of the time and have limited vision, Swift aside
(delicious corner near the end, with the lobbed ball to Toffee who then shot a la Coutinho - not !)

First half Gladys had acres of space to attack, but bumbled it a few times - instead of taking it on
into the penalty area so a defender would be forced to come at him and leave space for a forward to slip in.
Then lost the ball 2nd half a few times, overdribbling. If someone can work on those things, that would help.
(yes I like the lad)

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 21:21:42 »

You don't think they can't prevent it?? I have to admit to being slightly confused at this point  Huh?
obviously I meant can not can't.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 21:27:03 »

obviously I meant can not can't.

So you actually typed an apostrophe and and additional letter 't' for no reason whatsoever.

You are one crazy mother fucker. 

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 21:29:34 »

So you actually typed an apostrophe and and additional letter 't' for no reason whatsoever.

You are one crazy mother fucker. 

I've had too much to drink. Two pints of squash is far too much for a Saturday evening.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: