Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thead  (Read 39477 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 16:59:33 »

What is it with Williams? Why would a 20 goal striker be low on confidence?' I don't get it.
I wonder whether the fact that his contract is ending and in light of his present form, injury record and inconsistency he is potentially unlikely to get such a lucrative one here or anywhere else may be playing on his mind - mortgage to pay and all that.

Plus his confidence always seemed to be fragile from day one.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:04:46 »

been saying Luongo appears to be somewhere else for a while now.He is stll gonna play reasonably well techncally because he s a good player,but he should be dominatng games at this level

He gave up on a few 50/50 balls today very easily.  

In terms of Williams, his head does seem to go down when he misses a good chance.  I don't think it was helped today by people getting on his back constantly after he missed the penalty.

However, people cheering when he was subbed is pathetic.  He's always been a player that becomes a scapegoat after a few poor games.

Agree with Chalkie, Byrne was shit today and has been for several months. People never seem to get on his back though and he always plays the full 90 mins.

Good write up from Batch.  Pretty much how I saw it.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:07:31 »

Am I the only one that thinks Gladwin was decent again today? The way he ghosts pasts players could be so good in the playoffs. Ricketts MOTM for me.
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:07:50 »

Take the scrappy win!! well done to Hylton, here's to many more in a town shirt  Beers
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:14:19 »

Am I the only one that thinks Gladwin was decent again today? The way he ghosts pasts players could be so good in the playoffs. Ricketts MOTM for me.
Gladwin was decent and shit today. He is going to be a very good player next season and will earn us a decent fee. Gladwin is different. He looks unfit with no pace but he has no problem beating players. I'm a big fan but before he becomes the finished article he will frustrate the fuck out of a lot of people.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:16:00 »

Gladwin was decent and shit today. He is going to be a very good player next season and will earn us a decent fee. Gladwin is different. He looks unfit with no pace but he has no problem beating players. I'm a big fan but before he becomes the finished article he will frustrate the fuck out of a lot of people.

I think the time where he got a yard of space with a step over before fucking his cross into the town end sums up Gladwin perfectly.

I like him though he does frustrate!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:20:29 »

Yep a draw will do it
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:27:18 »

Only team in the top 11 to win
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:28:10 »

Today was all about 3 points and not the performance so on that front it is job done. however my view of the game:

Very poor from both sides, even poorer from the referee

Ricketts and Obika did well
Rodgers looked very good first half, linked up play well, but when he came out 2nd half looked like he had forgotten how to play football, rightly subbed shortly after.
Gladwin looked our most dangerous player going forward, and most likely to score, but his general play on the ball and facing his own goal wasn't the best.  If he can get his all round game sorted he will be a big player for us next season, could possible step into Mass's boots.
Turnbull was ok, but the undeserved booking seemed to affect him and he didn't seem as composed after that point.  Toffolo much the same.
Nathan Byrne did not impact the game at all and Luongo looks disinterested, moments of brilliance but not enough to influence the game.
Andy Williams confidence is shot, he is back to the player that he was before his injury, needs a spell on the bench and give him a chance to be the impact player as he was successfully at the start of the season.  Could see he was going to miss the penalty the moment he picked the ball up.

The referee was so frustrating today, picking us up on everything and letting Posh get away with everything.  Didn't seem to want to book their lot but happy to throw the yellows at us, only deserved yellow today was Toffolo.

To add to this, that fucking drum, and the "posh go marching in" song which went on for most of the first half.  Suicide

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:32:43 »

Reminiscent of a certain Mr Bamber ?
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:34:09 »

Luongo barely completing passes, pulling out of tackles and then going straight down the tunnel at FT. Disappointing.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:45:53 »

Luongo barely completing passes, pulling out of tackles and then going straight down the tunnel at FT. Disappointing.

There's almost a part of me that wonders whether we would have been better off realising the ££ for Mass and Yaser in January, and pushing on from there with replacements.  It was a brave decision to hold on by Power, and he would have been flamed by many for selling at that point.  But Yaser, in particular, has not been the same player since the Asian Cup.  It's very frustrating.  The Youth Strategy worked wonders for 30 games; but sustaining it over 46 was maybe a little too much to ask.

That said, a good win today.  A few more of those during the next few weeks and we'll be teed up nicely for the Play Offs.
JoeMezz

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:46:12 »

He's never clapped the fans. Suppose people will only start noticing it when looking to see if he cares.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:55:48 »

A welcome 3 points but don't let the win and clean sheet fool you. We were shit, Posh were worse. Byrne and Williams had absolute shockers to day. I'm surprised to see the positive comments about Rodgers who I thought was bollox. He'd do something decent, admire his work and then fuck it up and lost the ball in some dangerous positions today. Saying that, the number of times we gave the ball away and played ourselves into trouble a better team would have annihilated us today. Defensively we were all over the place again today.
Obika MOM for me.
It was quite interesting that the only decent tackle we put in today, Turnbull got booked. We were second best in every challenge and there were some real bottlers in the tackle today.
Its a good three points but its papering over the cracks and Posh were the perfect team to play today.   
I agree with some of that, but I thought Ricketts was outstanding in the tackle and solid in defence. Rodgers was clueless in the 2nd half, constantly giving the ball away.

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:56:40 »

His last good game was Bradford at home some time ago. I get the impression he can't wait to move on in May/June.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: