Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 244467 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 23:16:38 »

Sheffield game is currently all ticket? Any chance I'll be able to buy up there on the day you think?

Currently have 1 spare going - it's a student ticket though.

#VivaKenBarlow!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 07:51:34 »

I liked Sam Moorhens article today about our loan signings. 

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/01/26/sam-morshead-swindon-prove-value-of-responsible-borrowing/

Nice to remember the names from the last few years.

'Andy Frampton, David Ball, Mike Grella, Calvin Andrew, Alessane N’Diaye, Ahmed Abdulla, Jake Jervis, Liam Ridehalgh, Cristian Montano, Ronan Murray, Daniel Boateng, Jonathan Tehoue, Giles Coke, Danny Hollands, Chris Martin'

What a team.

Anyway next time anyone starts banging on about using the loan system they should read it and see that we are currently using it extremely well to better ourselves and the players who are coming in.

Good stuff Moosehead.
Yep, sums up my own thoughts perfectly and far more eloquently than I could have done myself  Yes
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 08:18:00 »

Currently have 1 spare going - it's a student ticket though.

Cheers Major but few of us going.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 08:54:17 »

Cheers Major but few of us going.

They keep saying its "currently all ticket" which obviously means there will be no pay on the day. I'm pretty sure Sheffield United do this every year though and they'll make it pay on the day about Thursday/Friday. I can only think it's to give them and the old bill an idea of numbers. Up to you if you want to risk it. Personally I'd get on the net/phone today. They'll stick them in the post this early in the week.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 09:46:10 »

Weather forceast ropey for the end of the week. Pretty sure Sheff U will be doing everything they can to get the game off!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 09:51:56 »

Weather forceast ropey for the end of the week. Pretty sure Sheff U will be doing everything they can to get the game off!

I would have thought they'll want it on. We have players out and they'll be playing Thursday's as well as Tuesday's if they have schedule many more games in.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 09:55:08 »

I would have thought they'll want it on. We have players out and they'll be playing Thursday's as well as Tuesday's if they have schedule many more games in.

True but is the carrot of a money spinning tie (almost certainly on TV too) at home to Man U (should they dispose of Cambridge of course) almost bigger than a league game?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 10:04:15 »

True but is the carrot of a money spinning tie (almost certainly on TV too) at home to Man U (should they dispose of Cambridge of course) almost bigger than a league game?

Yeah it probably is (not that they would openly admit it) but how does that affect our game? Ok they have a replay but it's no reason not to want to play 3 days prior I wouldn't have thought. Preston have a game too so they'll be in the same boat.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 10:15:42 »

Yeah it probably is (not that they would openly admit it) but how does that affect our game? Ok they have a replay but it's no reason not to want to play 3 days prior I wouldn't have thought. Preston have a game too so they'll be in the same boat.

I guess if our game is off they will be 'fresher' for the replay and less chance of picking up injuries and suspensions etc.

That said, for the long term financial goal etc, the league should always be the priority!

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 10:58:17 »

From the Blades Mad forum. Hopefully their players feel the same way -

re: Three home matches in a row
No way is the Swindon game more important than either cup tie. We can draw/lose on sat and still comfortably get top 6.

The Spurs game is the biggest, then the Preston one, then the Swindon one.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 11:00:55 »

Makes sense for them really.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 11:06:30 »

Their league form is one win in eight. I guess they can make a shed load of money from the cups this season and concentrate on the league next season. However, for a club of their size, not finishing in the top 6 must surely be considered an abject failure.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 11:13:50 »

Might be bringing an old rattle and a flag...

I'm out with a mate who's family live in Barnsley so it'll be a messy one for us. So yeah... a night out in Sheffield with a rattle and a huge Swindon flag. Bring it on.  Pint

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 11:53:03 »

jesus

I come from a land down-under
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 12:01:35 »

I like Jaybox, he's devoid of the football cynicism that supporting Swindon should bring.

Just stay clear of drums, Jay.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: