Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 244525 times)
kerry red

« Reply #90 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:01:00 »

I'll echo that. My son is getting married in Kefalonia PO weekend.

Pull yer finger out, Town!
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:22:33 »

Im hoping it's all signed, sealed and delivered by mid April as im away for each weekend of the final 2 home games of the season. Balls.  Crash

Was thinking of heading up to Sheff for this one, but looking at the forecast now its probably not worth the pain.
forward

« Reply #92 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:28:34 »

Im hoping it's all signed, sealed and delivered by mid April as im away for each weekend of the final 2 home games of the season. Balls.  Crash

Was thinking of heading up to Sheff for this one, but looking at the forecast now its probably not worth the pain.

Is the forecast really as bad as everyone is making out?

According to the BBC there are patchy snow showers forecast for Wednesday and Thursday, and temperatures aren't due to drop below freezing at any stage. They have undersoil heating anyway. Unless we have a big dumping of snow on Friday, which isn't forecast, I can't see it being off.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:29:59 »

If we get through Feb and March then April will be great fun. Alas, I'm away with work for the entire month.

I'm content with missing all those big games, I'd love to return to the country with Town still in contention.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:31:10 »

Its oop north though, lad. Us southerners are rarely equipped for such savage weather.

Its more the journey being a total ball ache multiplied by the snow factor, for me.
forward

« Reply #95 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:32:54 »

Its oop north though, lad. Us southerners are rarely equipped for such savage weather.

Its more the journey being a total ball ache multiplied by the snow factor, for me.

Fair enough
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:44:12 »

Trains out of London are an issue this weekend as well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 14:57:49 »

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/category/swindon-town/

Sam has got an interesting piece here.....I say interesting, insofar as anything which involves....Garry (Digital City) Perkins can be....namely in a sort of how the hell did this fella get re-elected sort of way.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #98 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:22:33 »

Tell him we'll stick a couple of wifi towers on the floodlights and you'd soon get £400k without any need of a viable business plan.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:29:39 »

Tell him we'll stick a couple of wifi towers on the floodlights and you'd soon get £400k without any need of a viable business plan.

Garry seems to have diversified into car parks....I loved the plan whereby you improve the retail experience of the town, by closing a number of perfectly viable car parks, and building one with somewhat smaller capacity.

The fact that no-one uses the CG car park, apart from boy racers and dealers, clearly hasn't escaped his notice.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #100 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:32:17 »

and don't forget if they sell the ground it will be to someone responsible. That worked really well for the Oasis didn't it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:35:59 »

and don't forget if they sell the ground it will be to someone responsible. That worked really well for the Oasis didn't it.

Yes...I have full confidence that our elected representatives, will look after the best interests of themsel the people of Swindon.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:11:10 »

Not a Swindonian, so can't comment on the Councillors...but there are few board configurations that I would have trusted to have at heart the interests of anyone but themselves in any ground development. Full Stop. 

The fact that the freehold has been owned by SBC and that (whatever the limitations) there has been the sporting covenant on the use of the Ground has been an absolute blessing in ensuring STFC still has a ground to play at.

The club has for decades enjoyed a relatively continuous succession of incompetents, shysters and dreamers that have run and owned STFC and thank god neither the Club nor any of most of the previous owners and directors have ever got anywhere near owning or controlling the CG site.

At some point a leap of faith and imagination will be required and I'm not sure Power is the man but he's no fool and certainly a football man and if he were to get the right friends and partners on board then just maybe he could be the one to set the foundations for a better future. 

If so, any development could have a statue of LP outside the Ground.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:39:17 »

If so, any development could have a statue of LP outside the Ground.

If any development....we should have the Digital City Car Park, in honour of Cllr Perkins.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:49:02 »

Wasn't there meant to be some kind of news about the oz trip by now? Or did I miss it?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: