Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 246694 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:12:42 »

I think we're more like the mid-tone fly on the dark horse within this little game of cat and mouse.

If we finish above either Brizzle or Franchise, I think we're up in the auto places.

If we finish below both we'll be in the Play Offs and lose to either PNE or the Blades.

Perhaps but when you consider all the usual guff (squad size, budget, manager et al) and pre-season expectations then Town have surely surprised this division and are therefore a 'Dark Horse'.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:27:13 »

Perhaps but when you consider all the usual guff (squad size, budget, manager et al) and pre-season expectations then Town have surely surprised this division and are therefore a 'Dark Horse'.
Which is why we are the fly on the dark horse.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:30:44 »

Which is why we are the fly on the dark horse.

I got ya! I misread. Apologies.
ampthill red

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 19:12:22 »

Yes we are. And whats more we will stay up unlike brizzle who have a physically huge team which stands them well in div 1 but will not cut it in the championship. Because of their Asian Cup exploits we will get strong offers for Mas and Kas but unlike when losing Ritchie effectively was game over for our hopes we now have a squad that could cope without them. Only worry is if we finished 3rd we would be up against quality teams who thrive in cup situations and the play offs are just that. I thought we would struggle this year but I also thought Southampton were certs to go down so all Swindon fans take strength from my inept punditry.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 10:07:17 »

We have to thank Kmac for this season. If it weren't for him I doubt Cooper would be here and I doubt we'd be experiencing the success we are.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 10:31:34 »

We have to thank Kmac for this season. If it weren't for him I doubt Cooper would be here and I doubt we'd be experiencing the success we are.
One way of looking at it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 10:37:47 »

It's a fair point, however PdC bought Wes, Andy Williams, and gave the Thompson Twins their break.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 10:44:24 »

It's one of those times when the fates have aligned and out of the ruin and confusion of the past few seasons something wonderful has arisen.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 10:49:52 »

It's one of those times when the fates have aligned and out of the ruin and confusion of the past few seasons something wonderful has arisen.

Great isn't it?  You can have all the 5 year plans, projects going forward etc, but you can't beat a bit of random alignment.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 11:05:09 »

I agree with Mystic Meg.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 11:34:11 »

Despite the outbreak of religious fruitcakery on here....could it be that our season so far is down to the work of Clotho, Atrepos and Lachesis.

Time to change our ELP walk on music...

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 11:37:22 »

I have a horrible feeling we're going to finish 3rd. The very fact that a third place finish is filling me with dread is testament to how brilliantly this season, so far, has been. If you had offered me that position at the beginning of the season I'd have ripped your arm off. Now it would be really disappointing.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 12:36:08 »

I have a horrible feeling we're going to finish 3rd. The very fact that a third place finish is filling me with dread is testament to how brilliantly this season, so far, has been. If you had offered me that position at the beginning of the season I'd have ripped your arm off. Now it would be really disappointing.
If we can finish above the 82ers and the Bletchley Stealers we will go up, PNE are not out of it but they seem to have something missing. I am fairly confident we will be in the top 3 but I do hope its not 3rd.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 13:35:19 »

Gladwin requiring surgery isn't going to help  Sad
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 13:36:15 »

Thankfully we'll have Yaser and Mass back soon

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_ 8m8 minutes ago Swindon, England

Swindon Town midfielder Ben Gladwin set for four weeks on sidelines due to knee injury, Link Sport understands: http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/01/21/gladwin-facing-four-weeks-out/ … #stfc

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: