Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, are we going up or not?  (Read 246744 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:11:38 »

hope so.
if yeovil, scunthorpe, peterborough, blackpool, millwall etc. can do it so can we.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:18:15 »

Yes we are. There you go, you can close the thread now
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:36:23 »

Care to remind us what it was ?

Hitler moustache tattoo
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:37:56 »

Fuck me....the painkillers or their after effects, must have fucked your brain Audrey as well as your bowels.

We're STFFucking C. I'd like to think we've avoided relegation, but wait, we're surely the only club to win promotion and then be relegated, because of skeletons in the cupboard....for all of Mr Power's good work so far, who knows what's lurking.

Assuming a clear run on the "dodgy front" we have avoided relegation...good, and are in the mix, also good, but that's it 20 games is an awful lot and anything can happen.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:50:31 »

* untitled1.bmp (562.56 KB, 600x480 - viewed 302 times.)

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 16:15:06 »

Can we go up? yes

Will we go up? I think so

But you have to use caution as mentioned before by Rich - Tranmere had a monumental fall from top spot in 2012-13 after being top at this stage, here are the tables from the 19th Jan 2013 and the final table.

This is Swindon so take nothing for granted!

I do not want the play offs but if it was between that and missing out totally then I would be happy with that route.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 19, 2015, 16:17:06 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 16:54:45 »

Good use of hard facts....Bormuff got auto, despite being 13 points adrift at your chosen date....Tranny didn't even make the PO's.

As mentioned earlier today, our focus atm, should be hoping to negotiate until prob the Tuesday after  Bramall Lane, without losing key players whether to injury or sale....this applies to the Asian Cup 2 as well as the rest.

If we make that base camp intact, then we can start to focus on the next phase.
kerry red

« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 16:55:30 »

hope so.
if yeovil, scunthorpe, peterborough, blackpool, millwall etc. can do it so can we.

And look how they've progressed!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 17:08:05 »

One step at a time, yes we are very capable of getting promotion but lets just get through each month and reassess after Easter, yes I am getting a little excited about the prospects but also have seen us fuck up good league positions before.

If we can stay above the 82ers and the Bletchley Stealers until March then the optimism will go from amber to green.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 18:09:05 »

93 points will be enough this year. 13 more wins should see us go up. We have some tricky looking away games left though.

Certainly wont be getting carried away. This is STFC after all.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 18:18:40 »

Every fibre of my being is trying to dampen that horrendous sense of optimism that is creeping in week by week and that this year.... This may be the one. It may come back to crush me.

I don't take this attitude to any other aspect of my life, but experience has burnt me with Town too many times.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 18:38:20 »

We need as many points as poss before April, that looks like a severe clusterfuck now.
kerry red

« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 18:41:45 »

Just what people were saying last November which was a virtual mirror image of April.

You will just have to get used to the fact that we are, actually, really rather fucking good.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 19:49:21 »

Think it will be us and MKD going up with City fucking up in the playoffs.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 19:56:30 »

The tranmere example, wasn't their decline due to players leaving. Jake Cassidy for example was top scorer and he went back to wolves in January. (Similar situation to Franchise with Afobe doing well on loan then leaving mid season). What I'm trying to say is the team that started the season so well wasn't the one that ended. It's looking increasing likely that we may be lucky and keep our best players and not hit the same problems.

Tranmere enjoyed a fine start to the season, standing top of League One at the end of January. Injuries to key players including Andy Robinson, Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro and captain James Wallace sparked a dramatic downturn in form. Tranmere fell to sixth by the end of March and finished the season 11th with no goals scored in their final six games.

We will not do a tranmere.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 19, 2015, 20:02:44 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: