Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chin up  (Read 33518 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 07:42:11 »

Comments about how badly run and how broke we are - and how we overspend - do give me a chuckle, given their financial losses each year over the last 3 years

I come from a land down-under
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 07:44:04 »

My favourite was some fuckwit saying we were cheating because the Thompson brothers didn't have the letter L and N on their shirts to distinguish them so we could pull the wool over referees eyes.

The fact that both DO have the letters seems to have escaped him.

You'd have thunk that being 6 points clear of the 3rd placed club they would be pretty happy with things - apparently not

Yeah I saw that, real face slap stuff, I get the feeling most of them are in the mode of put any old shit that comes into your little head on the Internet, and it's then true.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 07:55:59 »

I think its the stab at the finances that grates me. Their chairman wiped off £35M and their losses are huge... all to play in League One.

IF we go up though, I'd rather they came with us. If we finish 2nd them I won't care, most people will be more impressed with us finishing 2nd than them finishing 1st and we've already had a lot of creaming over us in the media which seems to be getting stronger.

Cooper will win manager of the season if we come 2nd too, and rightly so. Cotteril wouldn't take us up with the budget we have! Long, long way to go yet. The imploding they've predicted for us for the last 4 months may well happen yet!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:07:28 »

My favourite was some fuckwit saying we were cheating because the Thompson brothers didn't have the letter L and N on their shirts to distinguish them so we could pull the wool over referees eyes.

The fact that both DO have the letters seems to have escaped him.

You'd have thunk that being 6 points clear of the 3rd placed club they would be pretty happy with things - apparently not

Oh FFS. The fact that players have numbers on their shirts for a reason seems to escape them as well then...?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:44:28 »

For those who don't believe any fans can be that thick...all these comments are here.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/166968-coventry-v-swindon-merged/

Some have actually noticed that we are quite good but many still have their heads up in the clouds with their God given rights to promotion.

Happy Reading.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:51:10 »

For those who don't believe any fans can be that thick...all these comments are here.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/166968-coventry-v-swindon-merged/

Some have actually noticed that we are quite good but many still have their heads up in the clouds with their God given rights to promotion.

Happy Reading.

It's all about unsettling our players by making bids for them.

They love a bit of that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:53:37 »

It's all about unsettling our players by making bids for them.

They love a bit of that.
I have noticed you trying to throw oil to calm their angry waters mate Wink

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:57:48 »

I have noticed you trying to throw oil to calm their angry waters mate Wink

If it wasn't for me, they'd explode with anger.

I'm friends with 4 or 5 OTIB'ers in the real world and they're genuinely good people.

That darn internet and Football Club makes them go kooky.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 09:01:04 »

If it wasn't for me, they'd explode with anger.

I'm friends with 4 or 5 OTIB'ers in the real world and they're genuinely good people.

That darn internet and Football Club makes them go kooky.
Yeah I know a couple of them personally and they are ok just a little angry on t'net.

In actual fact they are scared shitless of us getting promoted and them missing out.

In their words....we are in the same boat, you cannot help your allegiance with your football club, its either where you lived or were brought up or a family thing, NOBODY would choose Swindon or them over a Premier League team if you didn't have a connection.

We both support essentially middling to crap teams and can't help that.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 09:03:38 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Sir Pissalot

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 09:22:00 »

Yeah I know a couple of them personally and they are ok just a little angry on t'net.

In actual fact they are scared shitless of us getting promoted and them missing out.

In their words....we are in the same boat, you cannot help your allegiance with your football club, its either where you lived or were brought up or a family thing, NOBODY would choose Swindon or them over a Premier League team if you didn't have a connection.

We both support essentially middling to crap teams and can't help that.

Well, you are 50% correct with that statement.   Hmmm
Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:19:40 »

We should start our own Bristol City Facts. I'll start:

Their owner is fed-up and if we go up this year and they don't, he's going to sell the club to Jed for a quid and start giving his money to Lee Power instead.

Oh, I almost forgot to add..... FACT!
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:42:33 »

The fuckers are still whinging.

Apparently we are top by default cos it's only a one goal goal difference

Honestly, it's pure comedy gold on there!
lambourn red

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:51:36 »

They are so deluded it is laughable anyone would think they are the size of Man Utd if you read OTIB , there will come a time when Lansdowne will just say fuck it I can't be bothered with this anymore and it will be like a pack of cards. At least the Pox know they are shit and don't rarely ever try and pretend that they are bigger than little old Swindon Town Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:55:48 »

Bristol City are mulling over a deal to sign Messi, who recently revealed superstition means that he will now only play for tends whose name begin with 'B'.

If a deal is tabled, it is expected to be a formality given the 82ers vast resources.

FACT.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:58:16 »

Will they double their silverware by taking the title? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: