Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chin up  (Read 33635 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:18:38 »

Ooh, Cinders may get to go to the ball after all next weekend. Not some godforsaken northern outpost please. Or Gillingham.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:24:34 »

Ooh, Cinders may get to go to the ball after all next weekend. Not some godforsaken northern outpost please. Or Gillingham.

Jills would be a home game, Oldham away.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:27:11 »

Oldham or Gillingham? Does it have to be a home game?

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_ 10m10 minutes ago Canterbury, England

Swindon Town looking into possibility of playing competitive game on Jan 24 after Bradford match postponed: http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/01/15/town-looking-into-possibility-of-filling-blank-weekend/ … #stfc
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Gills are playing Oldham on the 24th I think.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:35:44 »

Gills are playing Oldham on the 24th I think.

That just leaves Doncaster and Rochdale away, as neither are playing on 24/1.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:42:55 »

Sad

Potential new ground though…  Grin

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
forward

« Reply #125 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:45:27 »

Rochdale are playing in the cup, so it can only be Donny.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 15:04:38 »

Rochdale are playing in the cup, so it can only be Donny.

Oh right. Bit of a long shot then.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 16:38:30 »

No reason why they shouldn't rearrange the Doncaster game as far as I can see. It would make sense for both teams as well. I know we have done this before. I remember a few years back (98/99ish) we brought forward a game at Bradford when both sides had been knocked out of the Cup.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 16:43:37 »

I can sort of understand why we're keen to play, however it's another game without Yaser and Mass. Okay, we've done well without them and there's no guarantee (esp Mass) they'll be returning, but surely it's best to play this game when there's a chance you'll have a full squad to choose from.

Christy

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:33:25 »

....the only thing I will say in favour of Franchise, is that Robinson's side does try and play the game properly, not in the dated style of Cotterill and Grayson.

You didn't sell your soul and go to the soulless plastic dump in November then?   It was as pre-meditated an attack on our players, Byrne in particular, as I've seen, both in its early violence and later repetitiveness, breaking the game up at every turn.  Shamefully and spinelessly refereed, I'm still just a touch bitter about it now.  Yes, they play football with some style and panache, but perlease, ready yourself to be venting at their cynicism come April.  In contrast, and to my surprise, I thought that this season's Preston model were meek as when it came to the dark arts when they visited.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:36:01 »

You didn't sell your soul and go to the soulless plastic dump in November then?   It was as pre-meditated an attack on our players, Byrne in particular, as I've seen, both in its early violence and later repetitiveness, breaking the game up at every turn.  Shamefully and spinelessly refereed, I'm still just a touch bitter about it now.  Yes, they play football with some style and panache, but perlease, ready yourself to be venting at their cynicism come April.  In contrast, and to my surprise, I thought that this season's Preston model were meek as when it came to the dark arts when they visited.

No I didn't....I'm swayed by your argument.  There are no good things to say about Franchise.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: