Pages: 1 ... 629 630 631 [632] 633 634 635 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2008495 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9465 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 10:38:07 »

I was introduced to an active Labour Party supporter in a pub last night. They said they were battered & bruised by the recent General Election result, but couldn't understand why the electorate had voted the way they did. Hang on a minute?!
In which case, they've learned nothing from the result and if that is repeated throughout the party as a whole they will continue to lose elections.
Valid Pint

« Reply #9466 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 10:43:22 »

Exactly. It was the sheer arrogance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9467 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 10:51:18 »

RLB is a contender for leadership. That says it all

Ignore
« Reply #9468 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 11:51:27 »

I get a vote and ain't gonna bother. My form will be spoilt and returned. Going forwards my vote will be for the Green party if they have a candidate in local/general elections.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9469 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 12:28:10 »

I get a vote and ain't gonna bother. My form will be spoilt and returned. Going forwards my vote will be for the Green party if they have a candidate in local/general elections.
Why's that Arriba? Genuinely curious as to what's caused you to turn away from Labour, you've always been very supportive of them on here
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #9470 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 13:16:13 »

I have voted.  Its very difficult. 

I don't think staying with a continuity candidate in RLB is a good idea.  It will just continue to be a massacre from the right wing establishment.  Im not sure momentums influence is positive for moving forward.

Lisa Nandy seems to young and possibly she would also be chewed up and spat out. 

Starmer has a fine analytical mind and could do the job but every time I see him he just looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

Fuck knows, but as a supporter of STFC and the Labour party Im used to anyone I back losing so I wont cry too much.  Cant get too invested in it.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9471 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 13:20:16 »

Happy days.

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-will-cost-uk-more-than-donald-trump-trade-deal-2020-3
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9472 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 13:23:35 »

Christ they are like primary school kids.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-news-boris-johnson-emergency-cobra-meeting-sadiq-khan-a9369176.html

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/mar/01/british-museum-put-mary-beard-on-the-board-despite-downing-st-veto
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9473 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 13:25:39 »

Putting ideology and empty slogans above public health, No 10 has vetoed UK's continued membership of the EU's pandemic warning system in the midst of the coronavirus outbreak:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/03/01/downing-street-department-health-locked-row-access-eu-pandemic/

"Senior health advisers warned that exiting the EWRS, which has helped coordinate the response to the virus and played a vital role during the bird flu outbreak, would put public health at risk."
« Last Edit: Monday, March 2, 2020, 13:30:13 by pauld » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #9474 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 13:36:16 »

Why's that Arriba? Genuinely curious as to what's caused you to turn away from Labour, you've always been very supportive of them on here

The squabbling from supposed Labour supporters between themselves over the candidates is so pathetic. People haven't learned from the election and won't budge on it, so the party won't evolve like it desperately needs to. The candidates are poor. Both women will be toast with the media. Starmer will get it slightly easier but isn't exactly appealing either.

There have been occasions where I've voted Green before but dismissed them recently due to their chances. They are closest to my own beliefs at the moment.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9475 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 14:14:25 »

I feel similar Arriba. I have voted Green (shock) more times than I have Labour now. Even when I know they haven't had a chance they just mirror my own thoughts (or as close to). AS for Labour, been saying for a while that Starmer is their only real prospect and if I still had membership - he'd get my vote.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #9476 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 14:56:08 »

He's definitely the pick of the 3, basically because I think he'll get the easier ride from the media.
The only chance Labour have is the complete and utter ineptitude of Boris and the other morons in that vile party.
Brexit isn't going to deliver what many think it will/want it to and that could also be a factor.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9477 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 15:04:18 »

He's definitely the pick of the 3, basically because I think he'll get the easier ride from the media.
The only chance Labour have is the complete and utter ineptitude of Boris and the other morons in that vile party.
Brexit isn't going to deliver what many think it will/want it to and that could also be a factor.
The govt's own figures for the negotiating params with the US show that if we get the best deal we can with the Americans, it is projected to increase our GDP by 0.16%. While the "Canada-style" deal with the EU the govt want will decrease GDP by between 4.9-6.7%. Bearing in mind the prospect of a free trade agreement with the US was one of the "big wins" the Brexiteers were pushing, and from the govt's own figures it won't be even a fraction of what we're losing out on, even in the best case scenario. Economics of the madhouse.

Still, at least we'll all be "free" to consume rat hair and maggots in orange juice and cereals. Hurrah!

Ignore
« Reply #9478 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 15:15:33 »

Good times eh
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9479 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 15:36:53 »

I have voted.  Its very difficult.  

I don't think staying with a continuity candidate in RLB is a good idea.  It will just continue to be a massacre from the right wing establishment.  Im not sure momentums influence is positive for moving forward.

Lisa Nandy seems to young and possibly she would also be chewed up and spat out.  

Starmer has a fine analytical mind and could do the job but every time I see him he just looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

Fuck knows, but as a supporter of STFC and the Labour party Im used to anyone I back losing so I wont cry too much.  Cant get too invested in it.

Likewise, I get a vote and feel similarly, maybe slightly more positively to Nandy. I gave her my first preference with the full expectation of Starmer winning and being competent and broadly getting on with the media, which is at least a step forward. Goodness knows this government could do with a passable opposition.

The deputy leader candidates were a bit more interesting, for all the role matters.
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 631 [632] 633 634 635 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: