Pages: 1 ... 786 787 788 [789] 790 791 792 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996023 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11820 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 09:30:31 »

wait.... are you an accountant?

Doesn't LL drive lorries? Or did you misread mean as bean (bean counting??)

Hmmm

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11821 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 09:32:43 »

When can we expect Sue Gray's report to land? Am I right in saying Gray is not independent and is employed by Boris?

No deadline, but probably next week. She's not employed directly by Boris/The Conservative Party, but she is a civil servant so semi-independent of government. She is also, as I understand, writing a report on the facts of what happened, and the 'why' is more or less out of scope - she's not going to come out and say, for example 'Johnson's leadership style led to a culture of thinking rules did not apply at No. 10' (or you know, the opposite).
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #11822 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 09:42:10 »

When can we expect Sue Gray's report to land? Am I right in saying Gray is not independent and is employed by Boris?

Wednesday/Thursday next week. She is investigating her boss and her bosses boss, and will present the report to the latter, who has the power to edit, redact and spin as they see fit.

I suspect a whitewash as far as is possible, and her resignation to follow not long after as she wasn't able to do a proper investigation or her words have been censored or spun out of context.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11823 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 09:47:50 »

Wednesday/Thursday next week. She is investigating her boss and her bosses boss, and will present the report to the latter, who has the power to edit, redact and spin as they see fit.

I suspect a whitewash as far as is possible, and her resignation to follow not long after as she wasn't able to do a proper investigation or her words have been censored or spun out of context.

Agreed, albeit I'm leaning more towards the outcome being a dame hood if she gets it right rather than resignation.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11824 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 09:55:16 »

You forgot the part about her being made a Dame when Boris is cleared
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11825 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 10:02:33 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
wait.... are you an accountant?

Hmmm

ignore me
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #11826 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 10:05:40 »

Agreed, albeit I'm leaning more towards the outcome being a dame hood if she gets it right rather than resignation.

It may come down to whether she was actually at any of the gatherings.   

She may get a dame hood and job back anyway, from the new PM, if she lays the final boot in.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11827 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 10:06:02 »

Hmmm

LL is a respected white van man

So, give no fucks
tans

Ignore
« Reply #11828 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 10:08:37 »

BREAKING: Senior backbencher and committee chair Will Wragg accuses whips, No 10 and spads of blackmail.

MPs have faced "pressure & intimidation" for calling for PM to go.

Including cutting investment from constituencies and releasing embarrassing stories.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11829 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 10:23:39 »

Errr Hitler quite admired Churchill.

I doubt that when he had a revolver stuck in his gob.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #11830 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 10:45:35 »

Peston reporting that Sue Gray has found the email saying the party should not go ahead
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11831 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 10:50:48 »

BREAKING: Senior backbencher and committee chair Will Wragg accuses whips, No 10 and spads of blackmail.

Including cutting investment from constituencies and releasing embarrassing stories.

Its hilarious how they are turning on each other, almost as funny as the Johnson/Trump fan boys losing their shit on social media at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11832 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 11:15:51 »

Quote from: tans
Peston reporting that Sue Gray has found the email saying the party should not go ahead

no doubt Johnson "didn't know".

Martin Reynolds will be toast
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11833 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 12:22:26 »

I hope he's smart enough not to have made these allegations without evidence to back them up.  If he has, you'll simply see a closing of ranks and an early end to his own political career.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11834 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 12:37:15 »

I think the funniest outcome would be for enough letters to go in force the no confidence vote and then Johnson to win it (IIRC there cannot be another for 12 months after the first) so he has to just uselessly sit there, being openly laughed at by all and sundry, with no authority, haemorrhaging votes, and hating every second of it.

Whilst Starmer did well at PMQ's yesterday (bloody hell how bad would he have to be not to have done well, albeit Corbyn would probably have led on a question regarding bus services an Anglesey), I think the winner of the day was the SNP MP who when debating the relaxing in covid rules asked whether the PM was "getting rid of the covid rules, simply because he doesn’t understand them?”
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 788 [789] 790 791 792 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: