Pages: 1 ... 778 779 780 [781] 782 783 784 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2013995 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11700 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 10:32:31 »

Fair play to the BBC (for once).  Top 4 stories on their website, in order:

• Javid Defends COVID Plan B amid Number 10 Party Row
  • Downing Street Party Probe could be Widened
  • Tory Party Fined over PM's Flat Refurbishment
  • Boris & Carrie Johnson Announce Birth of Girl
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11701 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 11:16:17 »

It’s come out today that Johnson asked lord somebody for money for his flat refurb last November

The same flat refurb he didn’t know who had paid for when asked in May

Parliament now trying to close early for Christmas. Pathetic

Things get better but they never get good
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11702 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 11:22:37 »

Labour have a great opportunity here but will no doubt fuck it up like the left wing press who didn't discover this story but were handed it on a plate. It will be down to the Tory backbenches and Tory press who look as though they've had enough. With an election a couple of years away Boris will be chopped. I've been around a few years and I've not seen by anything like the shit this lot are peddling.
And that bint who was sacked will be back in government soon as she's rishi suneks mate and he is almost nailed on to be the Tories next leader.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #11703 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 11:49:17 »

Labour have a great opportunity here but will no doubt fuck it up like the left wing press who didn't discover this story but were handed it on a plate. It will be down to the Tory backbenches and Tory press who look as though they've had enough. With an election a couple of years away Boris will be chopped. I've been around a few years and I've not seen by anything like the shit this lot are peddling.
And that bint who was sacked will be back in government soon as she's rishi suneks mate and he is almost nailed on to be the Tories next leader.

There's a left wing press? Where the fuck have they been hiding?

..never go back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11704 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 12:20:17 »

Obviously NSFW....

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11705 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 10:46:33 »

Fair play to the BBC (for once).  Top 4 stories on their website, in order:

• Javid Defends COVID Plan B amid Number 10 Party Row
  • Downing Street Party Probe could be Widened
  • Tory Party Fined over PM's Flat Refurbishment
  • Boris & Carrie Johnson Announce Birth of Girl

This reminds me. My dad and uncle are adamant that the BBC are left wing, but I'm not convinced. In all honesty I am no expert on these sort of things, but I am sure Kuennsburg is more on the right. Thoughts?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #11706 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 11:16:22 »

They definitely were for a long period. Very woke, very left and very anti Brexit. Even Dr who stories were woke shit. Question time audiences didn't appear to be very balanced.
Haven't watched BBC for a while and don't watch the BBC news any more so not sure if it's changed.
Tend to watch sky news now.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #11707 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 11:47:56 »

As with most of these things, how a lot of people view the BBC (and so called MSM) tends to be based on their own political leaning.

Most hardened people on the left will think it’s too far to the right and vice versa
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11708 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 11:54:50 »

As with most of these things, how a lot of people view the BBC (and so called MSM) tends to be based on their own political leaning.

Most hardened people on the left will think it’s too far to the right and vice versa

A lot of truth in that, and because it does so much people will always cherry pick the stuff they dislike and ignore the stuff that's more aligned.

The entertainment content is more left leaning, because art is almost always a reaction against the government of the day and the right has been in for 10yrs + now

The news stuff has always been broadly aligned with establishment views - that gives everyone plenty to grumble about on all sides.

The BBC's not perfect by any means, but they do at least try. Most news sources start from their political view and work out the news backwards from there. Did make me smile that the Mail the other day was talking about the Govt. being furious with the BBC covering all the party stuff - the various parts of that story having been broken by ITV and The Mirror...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11709 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 11:57:40 »

Also depends on where one sits on the political scale, if one is pretty hard right the centre can appear full of wokist libtards and vice versa with the far left!

Also not being helped by the nonsense much of the media prints an example being yesterdays MoS cover story which was blaming the BBC for reporting about the party and not the vaccine campaign despite the party story actually being broken by ITV (and the Mirror) not the BBC and the BBC pointing out that they regularly try and get ministers on to talk about vaccines but they don't turn up.

Sadly this country is beginning to resemble a dictatorship in parts where some people have been persuaded that the media should neither hold the government to account nor criticise them.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #11710 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 12:40:49 »

A lot of truth in that, and because it does so much people will always cherry pick the stuff they dislike and ignore the stuff that's more aligned.

The entertainment content is more left leaning, because art is almost always a reaction against the government of the day and the right has been in for 10yrs + now

The news stuff has always been broadly aligned with establishment views - that gives everyone plenty to grumble about on all sides.

The BBC's not perfect by any means, but they do at least try. Most news sources start from their political view and work out the news backwards from there. Did make me smile that the Mail the other day was talking about the Govt. being furious with the BBC covering all the party stuff - the various parts of that story having been broken by ITV and The Mirror...

This. The Internet has exacerbated that tendency to cherry pick; which isn't good for healthy debate. Us vs them, one side always right the other always wrong etc. In the real world most grown ups realise that life isn't that simple. That's one of the great things about this forum; it allows for different views on stuff and intelligent debate (* mostly) Long may it continue.

Also - the BBC. Not perfect no, but it's a big part of our shared culture and we'd miss it if was gone.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11711 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 12:45:24 »

As someone who now gets a choice of CNN, MSNBC and Fox News pretending to offer the news 24 hours  a day, make sure you give the BBC a big hug every day regardless of how far the wrong way you think they may be from your political view.  Hell, Sky News seems perfectly professional and high brow these days to me.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #11712 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 21:51:30 »

Most of the main stream newspapers in this country are very right wing, with a couple of obvious exceptions.

The fact that people see the beeb as left wing is probably because they are used to getting told the news with a very right wing leaning and the beeb are trying not too be.

The other issue is that they will be reporting on what the government are doing, and reporting on their cock-ups. To be fair they did report negatively on Corbyn when he was labour leader.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11713 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 04:31:06 »

So what newspaper would be your reliable central midfielder, one that you could trust with a balanced view/perspective and would feed the left and right wing fairly😀

So, give no fucks
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #11714 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 08:27:38 »

I think that what the Independent was trying to be, back in the day. So Answer now = None. To be honest, the BBC is the best you are going to get for middle of the road objectivity. They at least try.
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 780 [781] 782 783 784 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: