Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 131263 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:51:12 »

Spot on, its insulting. Its like the club are saying the plebs can't be relied on to celebrate so they blare out this horrible crystal palace song to force the weak minded to clap along. I maintain this has no place at football, and I'm convinced people are staying away because of this garbage. Why ruin what is basically the whole point of going to football, that moment of pure euphoria of seeing your  team score. I do not understand the logic.

If the music was removed, a grand total of ZERO people would stop going to football in protest. It makes no sense whatsoever.

I can't believe one single person would stop going because of music after a goal.  Anyone saying that is probably using it as a cover story for other reasons they stay away.

Oh and I wish they would stop playing it as well
wigglesworth

« Reply #436 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:52:51 »

Anyone not going to football because of a song is a fucking bellend. I agree that it's not needed and I too would be happy to see it not played, but it didn't ruin, or spoil, anything yesterday.

Anyone that puts up with it is a bellend, anyone that claps along with a crystal palace song when Swindon score is an even bigger bellend. It ruined the moment of celebrating what was otherwise a cracking goal yesterday.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:54:25 »

Aaron Wilbraham says they wouldn't have lost with 11 men, and he also condemns Jack Stephens for cheating.

I didn't even realise he was playing!

Ps if you havent seen Steve Cotterills post match temper tantrum, treat yourself. It is golden!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:55:56 »

Aaron Wilbraham says they wouldn't have lost with 11 men

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:56:06 »

I hope your on a wind up because if not, your a right bellend.

Music is shit yes, but a reason to not go? Have a word
wigglesworth

« Reply #440 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 19:57:43 »

I hope your on a wind up because if not, your a right bellend.

Music is shit yes, but a reason to not go? Have a word

Refrain from the personal insults please you bellend.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 20:07:47 »

Aaron Wilbraham says they wouldn't have lost with 11 men, and he also condemns Jack Stephens for cheating.

I didn't even realise he was playing!

Ps if you havent seen Steve Cotterills post match temper tantrum, treat yourself. It is golden!

I thought Wilbraham had quite a decent game, but a big shift in.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 20:09:52 »

Stressful start to the afternoon for me when I thought I'd left early to nip to the bike shop before the match but noticed just as I passed Mannington roundabout (after being stuck in the fucking traffic for nearly half an hour) that My season ticket wasn't in my wallet and in fact on the kitchen top at home. Promptly span round back home to get there at half 2. Mercifully, the traffic through moredon, Cheney and the Bruce Street bridges wasn't nearly as bad as going the other way through town.

Parked up and sprinted down Flemming Way (to the amusement of those sat in the awful traffic no doubt) and got to the Ground to hear the town end baying for blood, getting to the top of the concourse stairs in the DRS in time to give Elliott a cheerio wave down the tunnel.

Enjoyed the day a lot more from that moment on after all the shenanigans. Great match, great result. Even sweeter to know that the Shitty fans really, really don't care about it at all. And Cotterill acting like a pubescent teenager, fucking hilarious. Always had him down as an odious cunt, but not remembering why. Completely clear now, what a giant tool.

Thought everyone put a great shift in. Stevens was superb in midfield, Branco brilliant. Nuttier than squirrel shit but love his enthusiasm.

Bristol were decent in the first half considering they were down to 10. Stayed compact and organised, very hard to play through. You could see they were playing for a draw from the 10th minute onwards. But so glad to see us be patient and persistent, gently turning the screw as they tired and gaps opened up. The winner was inevitable in the end. With 11 v 11 I reckon it could have been 3-3 or something rediculous like that, it would have been a very open game.

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 20:28:41 »

Refrain from the personal insults please you bellend.
Girl Giggle
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 20:51:10 »

I know it was "never in doubt" and all that but with 12 minutes to go the belief that our second half performance would be rewarded sooner or later (even very late on indeed) was starting to be undermined by the thought that THEY might somehow leave the CG with a "moral" victory.

The explosive mental mayhem after Smith deservedly smashed the back of the Shitty net was still ripping at maximum force round the ground when the Dave Clark Five intruded.

All passion and pleasure and uniqueness snatched away to be replaced with some marketing man's vision a la Disneyland or Stadium MK even.

The conscious me joined in, I confess, reckoning it must be even more hateful for the Stratton Bankers to endure but the joy of a very extended moment was most brutally diminished if not quite extinguished.

Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 20:57:10 »

Anyone that puts up with it is a bellend, anyone that claps along with a crystal palace song when Swindon score is an even bigger bellend. It ruined the moment of celebrating what was otherwise a cracking goal yesterday.

Thanks for calling me a bell end. See you back at the County Ground for the playoffs. Oh, wait, they're televised...
Flashheart

« Reply #446 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 21:05:59 »

You're all bell ends.
wigglesworth

« Reply #447 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 21:17:41 »

Thanks for calling me a bell end. See you back at the County Ground for the playoffs. Oh, wait, they're televised...

I already acknowledged I'm a plastic this season, infact I bought it up you cockney bellend. Bit of a pointless attempt at an insult on your part then, given I've already said it.  Roll Eyes

It'd be a bit like me trying to insult you saying you're a crystal palace fan. A pointless factual observation. A better insult would be to call you a Charlton fan I guess... Yes
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 21:29:38 »

I'd recommend checking them out on the STFC Player. 4 minutes worth. Loved every second. I might watch them again later.

EDIT: I already am watching them again. But on the BCFC player. 4 minutes 15 seconds worth of highlights there.

Can someone "put me in touch with our Julie" or failing that, take a video of the Player highlights? Everyone needs to see the four-minute version, and no-one should be having to pay to watch Player.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 21:39:09 »

I already acknowledged I'm a plastic this season, infact I bought it up you cockney bellend. Bit of a pointless attempt at an insult on your part then, given I've already said it.  Roll Eyes

It'd be a bit like me trying to insult you saying you're a crystal palace fan. A pointless factual observation. A better insult would be to call you a Charlton fan I guess... Yes

Can someone please translate this into sensible English?

My point was that it's your first game of the season, and you're spouting off like you own the place, ripping into people who have a different opinion than you.

I'm OK if you don't like something about your matchday experience, but don't put others down because they don't have the same strong opinions as you.

In the past, you'd turn up to football and expect nothing else. The reality today is that people expect a bit more than just a game. You don't have to agree with it, but the club has to get the next generation of people coming to the club. That includes families, who probably want a different experience than you. A little tune after a goal doesn't hurt anyone, even you.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: