Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 130018 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 20:39:27 »

complained to the police?

'Tinpot' is a word thrown about on OTIB about little old Swindle Town a lot; how very apt.

Small time minnows SwineTown got under their skins a bit this weekend... its a good job they dont really care about us  

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 20:59:36 »

Interesting tweet from Sam Morshead where he put up a link to OTIB from 2010 with City fans loving Scott Murray doing the Ayatollah celebration in front of Cardiff fans. What goes around, comes around
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 21:00:29 »

That's it, going to head into Bristol at the weekend in my STFC shirt. Should be fun :-)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 21:09:07 »

Interesting tweet from Sam Morshead where he put up a link to OTIB from 2010 with City fans loving Scott Murray doing the Ayatollah celebration in front of Cardiff fans. What goes around, comes around

This one

http://www.bcfcpics.co.uk/scott-murray/print/708841.html

On The Washbag as well

http://thewashbag.com/2014/11/17/nathan-thompson-bristol-city-and-the-leap/

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 21:17:59 »

Please don't forget Gerard Lavin!

'At Millwall Lavin made 87 appearances over four years, before being released on a free transfer in 1999, and joining Bristol City. He made his début for City on 7 August 1999 against Reading, but was sent off for deliberately kicking the ball at Reading fans. The ball broke a Reading fan's wrist, and Lavin was later convicted of assault.'

Only Cantona could top that! Smiley

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 21:31:43 »

That's it, going to head into Bristol at the weekend in my STFC shirt. Should be fun :-)

Ha, I was in Brizzle on Sunday  Smiley
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 21:48:53 »

There is no limitation on a criminal prosecution, so perhaps we can ask Somerset & Avon plod to investigate Mr Scott Murray ?

Whilst we are about it, Lancs Police could do worse than take a look at that incendiary grin of Stanley Matthews when he collected his FA Cup medal in the provocatively named "Matthews Final", even if his death means he will escape prosecution.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 21:58:28 »

I suppose it is but if I'm honest I wasn't trying to. It was just my very presence I think that annoyed a few of them (except the chap and the unnamed others who appear to hate me). I am a Swindon Town fan in a very Bristol City world.

Since I've been with the wife, Town's record versus City is P10 W6 D4 L0.

for fucks sake, PLEASE - NEVER leave her.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 22:00:50 »

Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #579 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 22:56:15 »

There is something of a back track on their board. The level headed contingent are trying to get the helmets back on the straight and narrow. My favourite helmet post has to be the one that suggests NT's celebrations are as bad as hooliganism.

I might suggest that one is a physical assault, whilst the other is taking the piss.

We've seen the best and worst of football in the past few days. A good atmosphere, a decent crowd with more than a handful of away fans for a change, but perhaps the most one eyed, hypocritical reaction from a defeated side I've seen in a long while.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 23:22:11 »

Why do city fans believe they would have won on Saturday if they had 11 on the pitch? I haven't seen one post in the 100's that they have made that say we were a poor side. 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 23:24:11 »

I've not contributed anything to any of the discussion yet. Watching from afar I've been both shocked and entertained by the reaction of City fans, amused by the reaction of their manager, and embarrassed by a number of comments from Town fans. At the end of the day, what matters most is summed up below. City had a man sent off - if it gets rescinded I'll be amazed. We had 4 times as many shots as them, 9 times as many shots on target, and crucially scored one more goal. 3 points. Top 2. Bring on Posh.

* Stats.PNG (19.42 KB, 441x388 - viewed 179 times.)
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 23:34:57 »

I hear City fans have made an official complaint to UEFA because the food kiosk ran out of Mars bars.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 00:25:40 »

I hear City fans have made an official complaint to UEFA because the food kiosk ran out of Mars bars.

They would have only lobbed them on the pitch anyway  Hmmm
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 07:44:20 »

I've not contributed anything to any of the discussion yet. Watching from afar I've been both shocked and entertained by the reaction of City fans, amused by the reaction of their manager, and embarrassed by a number of comments from Town fans. At the end of the day, what matters most is summed up below. City had a man sent off - if it gets rescinded I'll be amazed. We had 4 times as many shots as them, 9 times as many shots on target, and crucially scored one more goal. 3 points. Top 2. Bring on Posh.

Yep. You would think that by sending Elliott off, the ref was awarding us the 3 points and we didn't have to do anything whatsoever to win the game. Some one should remind them that it is actually possible to win a game with 10 men. I've seen us do it several times over the years. We were inches away from beating Brentford with 9 men back in the Hoddle era. We did actually beat Plymouth 3-0 with 9 men when Ossie was in charge (albeit they were down to 10).

A severe case of sour grapes if ever I saw one. But then, they should be beating 'teams like Swindon', so I suppose it's understandable.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: