Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 68194 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 02:09:46 »

The Opponent: Cheltenham Town.

The magic of the FA Cup has arrived with the short journey up the road to Cheltenham. My last visit was the first game of the Di Canio era a few years back. We lost 1-0 and some fat oik at the train station on the way home said to me, “You lot are going down man”. Chuckle.

In 2006, a house valuation web site rated Cheltenham the most desirable property location in Britain. In 2014, The Daily Telegraph newspaper named Cheltenham as the best place in the United Kingdom to raise a family. The unemployment rate in Cheltenham was 2.7% in 2010 compared to the UK national unemployment level of 7.9%. So if burglary is more your thing, there is more on offer in Cheltenham than just the football.

Last Time Out –  Saturday 1st November:  Cheltenham Town 0 York City 1 - Diego De Girolamo scored his third goal in four matches as York beat Cheltenham to seal their second win of the season. The Italian striker, on loan from Sheffield United, steered home Michael Coulson's pass to give the visitors a deserved half-time lead. The Minstermen then had to withstand a second-half rally from Cheltenham.  Away goalkeeper Aleksander Cisak did superbly to twice deny Byron Harrison, while Terry Gornell sent a free header wide for the hosts.

Starting XI -  Saturday 1st November - Carson, Brown, Deaman, Elliot, Vaughan, Hanks (De Vita), Taylor, Richards, Braham-Barrett, Marquis, Gornell.

They have served us both – Steve Abbey, Harold Bailey, Paul Benson, Billy Brae, Alan Churchward, David Dangerfield, David Elsey, Brian Hughes, Gary Marshall, Nobby Newberry, Michael Rose, Billy Tucker, Bobby Weale, Ken Skeen, Willie Penman, Kaid Mohamed, Dai Jones, Charlie Henry, Arnold Darcy, Shane Cook, Aaron Brown, Martin Blackler, Jim Barron, Kevin Amankwaah, Andy Wollen, Mike Summerbee, Michael Pook, Harry Morris, Reg Jones, Dave Hockaday, Fred Edmonds, Jamie Cureton, Geoff Chalkin, Steve Book, Ray Baverstock, Kevin Baddely

The Odds –  Cheltenham  13/5  Draw 5/2  Swindon Evens

The Son Says – Buzzing from a late winner on Tuesday, he predicts a 3-1 win on our travels.

The Prediction –  Must admit I have been flat out this week so know nothing about ticket sales. I'm going for a 5-1 win, Smith x3, Williams and Kasim. 888 from the mighty Robins in a crowd of 3’345

And Finally –  In 2012, Left Wing mouthpiece, The Guardian, found that at the end of 2011, 41 multi-millionaires lived in Cheltenham, which was the fourth-highest rate in the UK of multi-millionaires per 100,000 people at 35.44.

COYR COYR COYR COYR
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 02:31:25 »

As ever a good write up....though I'd take issue with the Guardian as a left wing mouthpiece....at the last General Election, the Guardian, came out in favour of the Liberal Democrats. I respect its independent thinking , but left wing it is not.

I once shook the hand of Neil Kinnock at a " don't ban Trade Unions rally" at GCHQ in Cheltenham. Then they were only tapping phones, now they'll be reading this...well fuck off, Cheltenham scum.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 03:25:26 »

Raffaele De Vita has also 'served us both'....

0-3 Smith, L. Thompson & Williams.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 05:32:45 »

Shagger of a team for us but still cannot see any other outcome but a comfortable win.

2-0, Turnbull and that toffee fella

3976 with 1341 from the first team to best Bristol fucking City
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 07:49:51 »

2-1 defeat, we never bloody win there
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 08:25:28 »

5+ hours on the train today.  This had better be good.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 08:33:36 »

Hockaday played for Cheltenham? I don't remember that.

For once, we don't get done over in the Cup by a team lower down the food chain than us...

2-0 Smith, Williams
lambourn red

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 08:36:01 »

2 1 swindon Williams and beeka man 1489 real robins fans in a total crowd of 4135 oh and for those who cannot make it

FOOTBALL: Commentary on Swindon's FA Cup tie at Cheltenham is also available online from 1500. UK ONLY.
bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footba…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 08:41:54 »

Lose 2-1. The Whaddon hoodoo continues
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 08:43:04 »

Win 3-1

#VivaKenBarlow!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 08:45:54 »

This was buried in the 'FA Cup' thread.  Sound advice from our resident Cheltenham resident...

For those wondering where to drink tomorrow and don't know Cheltenham, there's a stack of pubs not far from the ground.

If the last game there is anything to go by, most will go to the Midland Hotel, at the back of the station, when they roll off the train. Was heaving last time. It's a pretty average pub to say the least, and a good 15-20 minute walk from Town - 45 walk to the ground, but there are buses.

At the bottom end of town, near the ground, most headed to the Sudeley Arms and Conservatory (recently renamed, not sure what it is now). Sudeley is a proper pub, and the Ex-Conservatory more of a bar.

There are far better pubs within a 10-12 minute walk of the ground though: the Strand and the Swan, both on the High St opposite each other, beyond the pedestrianised part, have better beers and generally nicer places to drink....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 09:24:32 »

I don't know if this has been posted already - I haven't seen it - our 3rd kit has been revealed.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Edit: Just seen it in the FA Cup thread. Any way, for those of you who haven't seen it - enjoy.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 09:29:53 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 09:30:27 »

Only been away once this season, Crawley so the omens aren't good. Been there 3 times and taken a different route each time as the signposting to the ground is absolute shite. Should be at least 1400 Town as I think that is what we sold by end of play Weds.
Unfortunately going for a loss but we will be by far the better side. .
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 09:41:25 »

Hockaday played for Cheltenham? I don't remember that.
Spent a couple of months there as Martin Allens assistant
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 11:08:06 »

As ever a good write up....though I'd take issue with the Guardian as a left wing mouthpiece....at the last General Election, the Guardian, came out in favour of the Liberal Democrats. I respect its independent thinking , but left wing it is not.

I once shook the hand of Neil Kinnock at a " don't ban Trade Unions rally" at GCHQ in Cheltenham. Then they were only tapping phones, now they'll be reading this...well fuck off, Cheltenham scum.

You're a strange paranoid man.

I don't give a shit if they look at my stuff, but if it helps stop one atrocity, convict one organised crime organisation, or break one paedophile ring, then spy away please.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: