Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51387 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 07:41:09 »

Oy Flash, you've been called out by SSP

Ha ha.....what happened?

Here are my negative texts:

Halftime:
Wiltshire. Very good display from the Town but got out of trouble with help from the awful lino. Need to be patient and it will happen...as long as we don't be silly at the back. Cuthbert getting a red is waiting to happen and I am here to see it. The flash

Fulltime:
Wiltshire. Ground out another result against a side that looked better than Barnsley without threatening up front, despite us handing them a few on a plate, including the goal at the end...Williams constant whinging and chickening out of tackles makes my blood boil. Midfield went very slack in the last 20. Two sharp goals won this game......at last i see us win at Orient...just a shame Cuthbert never got sent off......shake yer phone! The flash

Hope that doesn't lose us another 1000 off the gate....

Clems Army!
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 07:44:41 »

I was in line for one of the two 'offsides' she let go early on and it was unbelievably appalling.  Had some sympathy with her for the backpass however, probably not easy to spot from her position.  It was the ref who should have seen clearly that it was a backpass (Williams putting his head in his hands was a bit of a clue) and waved play on.

I don't quite know to answer the sexist chant criticism.  I thought it was funny at the time and still do on reflection but if the lino had been (say) black and there had been chanting on that basis then obviously I'd have been appalled like everyone else.  And I'm not saying sexism isn't as bad as racism because it is, but somehow it didn't seem bad in that context.  Not logical I realise....
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 08:45:13 »

am I still allowed to call bald linos Curly? They don't like it you know, no, they don't like it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 09:00:14 »

I was in line for one of the two 'offsides' she let go early on and it was unbelievably appalling.  Had some sympathy with her for the backpass however, probably not easy to spot from her position.  It was the ref who should have seen clearly that it was a backpass (Williams putting his head in his hands was a bit of a clue) and waved play on.

I don't quite know to answer the sexist chant criticism.  I thought it was funny at the time and still do on reflection but if the lino had been (say) black and there had been chanting on that basis then obviously I'd have been appalled like everyone else.  And I'm not saying sexism isn't as bad as racism because it is, but somehow it didn't seem bad in that context.  Not logical I realise....

I could never quite work out, when Gurnham Singh was refereeing our games if the chants comparing him to Monty Panesar, were racist or not.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 09:05:59 »

depends whether they were comparing Singh to Monty Panesar fielder and batsman or to Monty Panesar the bowler

either way I'm glad that STFC was the beneficiary of the worst offside decision given in over 45 years of following Town, tho' the ref was part of that too.
kerry red

« Reply #230 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 09:21:05 »

Waiting to get out we could see the people who live in the flats that are in the corner of the ground.

Smiled when the 'We can see you washing up' and was heartened when some fuckwit was shouted down for his '*, * give us a wave'

One other about the game. I'd like to know the number of backpasses we made to Wes - seemed fucking hundreds

Seeing as the political correctness police have asterisked it out, the offending word was the shortened version of Pakistani
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 09:28:59 by Audrey » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 09:29:49 »

Wasn't Mr Singh reffing when Monty was still in nappies?!

The offside decision was brilliant and horrible in equal measure. The reaction of their players was comedy gold but pretty much summed up the ineptness of some officials at this level.

On a brighter note. Herthab shook my hand as I entered the ground and thanked me for coming. Not sure what you had been feeding him Flash?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 09:41:26 »

The offside decision was brilliant and horrible in equal measure. The reaction of their players was comedy gold but pretty much summed up the ineptness of some officials at this level.

On a brighter note. Herthab shook my hand as I entered the ground and thanked me for coming. Not sure what you had been feeding him Flash?!

Got my sikhs mixed up, Gurnham was indeed earlier....I may be thinking of Jarnail Singh...Gurnham, was turbanless, whereas Jarnail was a turban wearer.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 09:44:46 »

Got my sikhs mixed up, Gurnham was indeed earlier....I may be thinking of Jarnail Singh...Gurnham, was turbanless, whereas Jarnail was a turban wearer.

god he was shite, wore trainers all the time too if I remember correctly

I come from a land down-under
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 09:46:47 »

Great day yesterday.  Good laugh in the pub before the game and a cracking atmosphere. The combination of copious amounts of beer and no food means I have no recollection of leaving the ground,  nor how I managed to navigate my way back to Salisbury via 2 tubes and a train. I now remember why I only do one train away day a season.

It's All Good..............
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 09:47:54 »

It was Smith that did the back pass. I mentioned it to him on Twitter yesterday and he was shocked by the decision, too. Here's the Smith tweet that descended into arsey Orient fans giving it a go: https://twitter.com/smudga17/status/518459312021454848

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 10:34:05 »

Well no Scratchings as Chilly got a tight round in...

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 10:35:21 »

depends whether they were comparing Singh to Monty Panesar fielder and batsman or to Monty Panesar the bowler

either way I'm glad that STFC was the beneficiary of the worst offside decision given in over 45 years of following Town, tho' the ref was part of that too.

I said to Boo as it was given....'worst decision I have seen ..ever'. Refs fault as he was very close.

Clems Army!
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 10:39:46 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton link=topic=55249.msg1291594#msg1291594 daco614
I could never quite work out, when Gurnham Singh was refereeing our games if the chants comparing him to Monty Panesar, were racist or not.

Reminds me of when Wayne Allison got the Bruno chants , never felt comfortable and I'm pretty sure I remember him saying he didn't like it.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, October 5, 2014, 11:03:29 »

Ha ha.....what happened?

Here are my negative texts:

Halftime:
Wiltshire. Very good display from the Town but got out of trouble with help from the awful lino. Need to be patient and it will happen...as long as we don't be silly at the back. Cuthbert getting a red is waiting to happen and I am here to see it. The flash

Fulltime:
Wiltshire. Ground out another result against a side that looked better than Barnsley without threatening up front, despite us handing them a few on a plate, including the goal at the end...Williams constant whinging and chickening out of tackles makes my blood boil. Midfield went very slack in the last 20. Two sharp goals won this game......at last i see us win at Orient...just a shame Cuthbert never got sent off......shake yer phone! The flash

Hope that doesn't lose us another 1000 off the gate....

You got both read out, but post-match they discussed whether Williams deserved your criticism, and SSP said that he didn't. I ain't arguing with SSP when it comes to knowing a striker's business...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: