Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England's exit - why was anyone surprised?  (Read 34478 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 08:33:55 »

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but how bad was the deliveries into the box (Glenn Johnson and Wayne Rooney's assists aside) in the World Cup? Gerrard in particular disappointed. His corners were so bad, just looped high into the box and easily cleared, very little cunning or creativity.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 10:42:51 »

They were all crap. Crosses, corners and free kicks a total disaster, just not acceptable at that level.

Didn't appear to be a single routine practised in training. Just kick the ball and hope it lands somewhere decent.

Dead ball situations are something you can practise and then control in a game. We should do a lot better.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 10:44:53 »

They were all crap. Crosses, corners and free kicks a total disaster, just not acceptable at that level.

Didn't appear to be a single routine practised in training. Just kick the ball and hope it lands somewhere decent.

Dead ball situations are something you can practise and then control in a game. We should do a lot better.

Spot on for me Jonny, glad it wasn't just me that noticed!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 10:56:54 »

Gerrard in particular disappointed. His corners were so bad, just looped high into the box and easily cleared, very little cunning or creativity.

Gerrard's set pieces in all 3 WC's were poor. In 2006, all his corners never got past the front man.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 10:59:26 »

During the game yesterday I was wondering why the hell they kept taking quick free kicks from areas where they could have put a dangerous ball into the box. At times, they took them short to players with 2 opposition players around them and ended up going backwards. Finally, Lampard decides to deliver one into the box, it goes straight to the goalie, and I realise why they were doing it.

Yesterdays game was shite, playing into the hands of the opposition by trying to play slow, possession based football which they clearly cannot do. The 3 in midfield were all too close to each other (Wilshire particularly guilty of this), passing the ball a yard between them making it easy for Costa Rica to force them back or regain possession. If thats Roys big hope for the future, we'll soon find ourselves on a par with N Ireland and Scotland.

The best Premier league base their game on fast counter-attack football, and thats what most of the squad he picked are used to playing, mostly successfully. For a while against Italy it seemed to work, but since then we've reverted to the old style Sven/Capello keep the ball but go backwards stuff.

Never expected to get out of the group, but thought we might at least win a game. Not sure why though, I really should know better by now.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 11:00:28 »

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but how bad was the deliveries into the box (Glenn Johnson and Wayne Rooney's assists aside) in the World Cup? Gerrard in particular disappointed. His corners were so bad, just looped high into the box and easily cleared, very little cunning or creativity.
Glen johnsons wasn;t a pass - it was the result of a tackle and could have gone anywhere.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 11:04:43 »

Glen johnsons wasn;t a pass - it was the result of a tackle and could have gone anywhere.

Fair Point.

Still at least we aren't the only shite European team, Italy and Spain didn't pull up any trees.

Sadly France and Germany look good. I wish we played more like the Germans than the Spanish/Italian posession football we seem to be trying at the moment.

DRS

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 11:36:57 »

Fans have a massive part to play in this though. All the other nations support their top players,in France Spain Portugal etc the top players for their countries are roundly cheered by opposition teams and you can hear the crowd get excited when their own top players get on the ball.

I have been to 8 england games in the last 3 years and have heard at least on 5 occasions our own players being booed when their names have been called out by our own fans. These players probably
Can’t be fucked to play for us if I am honest. Our main threat leading up to this was Rooney and we felt we had to crucify him before we even started it.

Other nations top players are fucking idolised where as we destroy ours as soon as we can, you only got to look at the reaction to Sterling having a great game one game then the next he was quiet

I think on the whole our football is fucked from Players,Coaching,press management and fans
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 12:14:43 »

Given that we're building for the future and giving the youth a chance, in yesterday's dead rubber it was quite utterly ridiculous that we ended the game with a midfield pairing of Lampard and Gerrard.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 12:20:08 »

Given that we're building for the future and giving the youth a chance, in yesterday's dead rubber it was quite utterly ridiculous that we ended the game with a midfield pairing of Lampard and Gerrard.
That was just Hodgson giving them a final farewell for England.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 12:26:27 »

That was just Hodgson giving them a final farewell for England.
I doubt it
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 12:37:16 »

In their prime Lampard and Gerrard were very good footballers. I don't hold much hope that Wilshere will be half as good as either. And who else can we play at CM, the future is quite bleak in my eyes.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 12:47:02 »

In their prime Lampard and Gerrard were very good footballers. I don't hold much hope that Wilshere will be half as good as either. And who else can we play at CM, the future is quite bleak in my eyes.

More likely that the future will just involve no one giving a #### any more...players or fans.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 12:51:39 »

My son made an interesting comment to me the other day.
He said "when the best English centre mid I saw when growing up(Scholes) gets shifted out to the left and then knocks it on the head you know it doesn't bode well" He was right.

This was when the side was stronger too remember. Gerrard and Lampard were younger and we had better forwards and back four. We still were only a later stages team with a bit of luck then anyway. Lampard and Gerrardnever got it going yet we continually went with them. We've missed the boat now. Money they earn is ridiculous and they do not perform for their country anymore. No world class players in the squad. The media all over them for absolutely anything and now the emergence of twitter etc.

Watch the African nations go on to dominate football in years to come. They don't have these bullshit under 8 coaching systems that drive me mad at their continual mention of how to do it right. They play with tin cans on dust and wouldn't know a coaching badge if you waved it in their faces. Too many fucking idiots are allowed to call themselves coaches here and it is a fucking disgrace.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 12:56:34 by arriba » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 14:22:58 »

Fans have a massive part to play in this though. All the other nations support their top players,in France Spain Portugal etc the top players for their countries are roundly cheered by opposition teams and you can hear the crowd get excited when their own top players get on the ball.

I have been to 8 england games in the last 3 years and have heard at least on 5 occasions our own players being booed when their names have been called out by our own fans. These players probably
Can’t be fucked to play for us if I am honest. Our main threat leading up to this was Rooney and we felt we had to crucify him before we even started it.

Other nations top players are fucking idolised where as we destroy ours as soon as we can, you only got to look at the reaction to Sterling having a great game one game then the next he was quiet

I think on the whole our football is fucked from Players,Coaching,press management and fans

Well said Drs. Truth is it's the media that control the fans though. Negative press coverage from the likes of TalkSPORT drive public opinion. Same with the positive side of things. Thousands believe Jack Wilshere is a class act because they've been told he is. There are a lot of people out there that choose not to think for themselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: