Poll
Question: Do you care about the success of the national team?
Yes - 46 (59.7%)
No - 31 (40.3%)
Total Voters: 66

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you care about the success of the national team?  (Read 18203 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 19:51:53 »

Seems like an appropriate question with the WC coming up and Greg Dyke's proposals.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 19:57:47 »

Yes but the whole system is broken and Dyke's proposals will not fix it.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:04:34 »

Would love to see them do well now that we have finally got rid of the majority of the so hilariously called "golden generation"-only Gerrard to get rid of now.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:13:16 »

-only Gerrard to get rid of now.

Might be worth waiting until we can find someone who can hit a pass/dead ball like Gerrard, as well as being one of the few players that actually gives a shit about playing for England.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:15:58 »

Yes. But Dyke's proposals have nothing to do with benefiting England, any more than creating the BSkyB Premier League did.
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:32:27 »

Somewhere in between.

I don't 'care', but would love it if we ever win something.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:43:38 »

Not really, I can't really bring myself to 'support' the likes of Rooney or the FA money machine. I went to the England v Denmark game in March, I found myself finding it hard to feel enthused.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:45:54 »

I love the World Cup Finals (biggest sporting competition on the planet) and I'd love England to win it (again!)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:47:31 »

Might be worth waiting until we can find someone who can hit a pass/dead ball like Gerrard, as well as being one of the few players that actually gives a shit about playing for England.

I think the "new crop" do give a shit,as long as we play them

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:49:36 »

The apathy shown towards international football belongs in the 'what's wronf with football' thread. International football should be the pinnacle of any footballers career, not playing in the fucking champions league.

The fact the masses seem to have swallowed UEFA and the media's champions league propaganda leaves me numb, but not surprised, as let's be honest on the whole the masses are morons who can't think for themselves.

Make international football great again, make people dream of representing their country, not dream of their club reaching the premier league, or finishing 4th in said division.

International football all the way, and that's from someone who who's not had the fortune of seeing their side in a major tournament since St Etienne in '98. I still believe...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:50:28 »

Please excuse the spelling, on my shite blackberry.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:53:28 »

I might watch some matches but the whole WC experience has been ruined by Blatter and his cronies.

The England team are mostly filled with prima donnas. whose most concern is the money earned on the next contract, and these plans won't do diddly squat to fix the situation.

Ronney worth £300k a week...Fuck off.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 20:56:05 »

The fact the masses seem to have swallowed UEFA and the media's champions league propaganda leaves me numb, but not surprised, as let's be honest on the whole the masses are morons who can't think for themselves.

ouch

I find international football kind of dull because the qualifiers are horribly drawn out and watching England (or whoever) play Andorra really does nothing for me. It's exciting once every two years.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 21:10:42 »

My childhood memories of international football makes me a little protective of it.

And I do hate the whole champions league is now seen as football nirvana. When it is only due to the millions of quid on offer. And like I say the masses have bought it, the cocks.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 21:13:47 »

I dont care.  Im finding everything harder and harder to care about.  Why bother when people refer to football fans as stake holders in a market.  I know its all a business.  Everything is a business and I hate it.  I cant get excited about a share price.  They've won.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: