Poll
Question: Do you care about the success of the national team?
Yes - 46 (59.7%)
No - 31 (40.3%)
Total Voters: 66

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you care about the success of the national team?  (Read 18069 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 18:25:58 »

1990 for me is where it's at.

For me, as much as the 1990 World Cup was fantastic, for me it was ruined by the Football League relegating us which just left a bitterness when everyone else was ecstatic
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 19:19:44 »

It all relates to where you are in life,  90, 94, 96, 98, 2000 living in various houses with mates who loved football - watched all the games and loved it!
Now wife young family etc... generally means less,  will no doubt watch lots of games but not really care!

Still think that Woy should take a young squad (the squad for the next Euros) we will go out early whatever happens so give the kids some experience.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 20:42:14 »

Maybe he should take the England B team instead
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 21:49:33 »

I'm Welsh so whilst I'm interested in England enough to watch I don't support them. I don't know whether it would be different if the Welsh international side were better, but I also find I don't really care as much as I do about Swindon.

..never go back.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 06:32:04 »

For me it doesn't get anywhere near Flint's goal at Brentford. In fact, I'd rather witness any STFC goal than an England goal.
Totally agree
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 06:51:38 »

I'm Welsh

Explains everything.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 08:45:22 »

I am just glad we are there...

Plus...

Nothing beats watching England play when you are on holiday abroad.....mind you I'm away after the group matches so I think that's out the window.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 10:25:41 »

Explains everything.

Smiley
DRS

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 10:24:44 »

I use to go up to Wembey regularly in the 80s to watch England. I stopped when the kids were born etc as I didn't have the money. Now I've got the money again I can't be arsed.
I still watch the games on telly and hope we win but its fucking difficult to support a team that has had such a bunch of cunts playing for it. Rooney makes my fucking skin crawl and his outburst in South Africa was a fucking disgrace and he should have had his bollocks chopped off for it. I know people who gave up their jobs and spent over £12k going to that World Cup to be told by Shrek that they were a fucking disgrace.
Then you have Terry, Cole Lampard etc.
Then the golden boy Gerrard who when the going gets tough, fucks off nowhere to be seen to then have a stormer against Andorra and everyone is knocking one out over him again.
The golden generation were nothing than a pile of fucking hateful spiteful gobshites.
England pale into insignificance when compared to the Town. A Town win over the Scum is better than any England win. In fact a Town win over anyone is better than an England win.

This is sort of why I think England players probably don't give a fuck. At one point Gerrard was in the top 3 midfielders in the world but 3 different managers decided to play him right back left wing and right wing. Cole and Terry arguably are absolute massive fucking tits but have always played well for England yet you slate them. Again Rooney I kind of agree with you but when the bloke retires he will be Man United and Englands all time top goal scorer and won every domestic trophy going yet us England fans just want to crucify our good players.

On that note it isn't even just the good players who get slated,the same people who have a pop at these players are the same people who will slag a player like Milner off.

To sum it up I think the fans seem to enjoy slagging off the players than want them to do well at times
kerry red

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 10:49:45 »

It's not about whether certain players play well for England or not.

Its that ALL England's players are so far removed from the fans, most are disgustingly rich and thick as pig shit with it.

Now, you can say that that applies to nearly all footballers at every level to some degree, but that's when club attachment comes into it and overrides everything.

Following a club for year upon year gives fans a feeling that they ARE the club and not the fleeting egos that pass through it.

It's club football every time
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 11:40:37 »

International football should be the be all and end all.

You can't beat those 4 weeks in June/July, nothing comes close to it imo.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 11:50:03 »

The big word there is SHOULD.

It SHOULD be.  But its not.

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 12:26:19 »

I absolutely love the international competitions... Terrible looking fixtures made great but the whole occasion and the added joys of listening to people getting irate because Coronation Street has been re-scheduled because a game like New Zealand vs. Slovakia is on.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 12:29:52 »

I Enjoy the tournament.  Its a different issue I guess but I don't give a toss about the national team really but do enjoy the tournament.  Sad to say these days I'd probably be more excited by New Zealand Vs Slovakia than our games. 

What day is that game on Costanza?

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, May 11, 2014, 12:33:00 »

I Enjoy the tournament.  Its a different issue I guess but I don't give a toss about the national team really but do enjoy the tournament.  Sad to say these days I'd probably be more excited by New Zealand Vs Slovakia than our games. 

What day is that game on Costanza?

Four years ago!

We're going down to Devon for the first week of the World Cup, rented a country house with four other friends. It's going to be great but there are some terrible sounding games on show Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: