Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaways. Not Cheese.  (Read 45476 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:35:38 »

As you’re all banging on about toasters and cheese I am now hungry so will talk about takeaway foods I have loved in my travels in this great country of ours.
Burgers.  Burgers are great.  Five guys are opening all over the UK.  American brand, not cheap -about £10 for a burger and fries.  Reading closest to Swindon so far but it’s a great burger.  You feel ashamed after eating it.  That’s the point really.  Proper dirty food.
Burritos.  Amazing what those Mexicans could do with a tortilla and a bunch of meat and veg.  Chipotle are opening a few places in London but burrito places are springing up all over the pace.  I do like to treat myself to a pulled pork burrito.  Amazing stuff.  Like South American kebabs but much more exciting.
Talking of Kebabs, if you are ever in Manchester treat yourselves to a mixed chicken and Lamb kebab from Abduls.  Big chunks of grilled Chicken and Lamb salad and sauces all encased within the warm bosom of a naan bread.  Best Kebabs I’ve tasted.

So whats your favourite takeaway that isn’t the boring choice of curry.  And which chains might I find that are good to go to.
I have no reason to ask this apart from wanting you to stop talking about cheese.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:41:25 »

My favourite takeaway is a carribean. Rice and peas, curried goat, ackee and salt fish etc. lovely.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:42:30 »

I haven't tried five guys, everyone at work raves about it. I had a Byron burger a while back which was pretty damn good.

Mission burrito in Oxford is good.

Pulled pork is amazing, there's a place in Oslo called Nighthawks Diner which serves authentic US diner/fast food and the pulled pork sandwich is mind blowing.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:44:20 »

Burritos = yes
Chicken fajitas = Oh Yes
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:44:37 »

Ah, im cooking up some pulled pork tomorrow night.  

There's a mission burrito in Bath by the odeon as well.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:44:52 »

Up until about a year ago the only kebabs I'd ever eaten were after a skinfull and that never ended well.

Then I had one stone cold sober and it was a revelation, they are now narrowly my favourite takeaway.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:47:33 »

I've never had a kebab over here, the doner has never looked remotely appealing as someone who doesn't really drink but Oslo (again, sorry, I've never really lived anywhere other than small towns in the UK) has some good kebab places

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:50:14 »

Curry boring? !?! No. Food of kings.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:51:09 »

I lived in Leicester for 7 years.  Curry quickly became boring. 

Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:53:56 »

I'd kill for a toad in the hole right now!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 21:54:55 »

I'll never bore of curry. Those burgers sound tempting. Swindon is crying out for a burger place like that.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 22:03:18 »

Mission burrito in Oxford is good.

Yes, they've got shops in oxford, Bath, Reading, Bristol and Cardiff but it looks like they are giving Swindon a miss.

Swindon is crying out for a lot of different food places but all we seem to get is one McDonalds after another.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 22:07:07 »

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 22:18:01 »

Had 5 guys last time I was in London. The burger was okay, but I've had better, and the fries were terrible. More like slightly earthy chips than the deliciously sweet and salty french fry you expect. Shan't be trying them again, will be returning to Byron, the greatest of Burger palaces.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 22:23:52 »

5 guys and Byron are poor. You need to try Honest Burgers.

The amount of street food available in London now is unreal. So much better than restaurants/food chains.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: