Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38096 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 10:02:32 »

I'm sure if Ranger was still playing Cooper wouldn't be playing Storey as well.

Hopefully this small reversal of fortunes will resonate with Cooper and get him rethinking his (or Spurs') philosophy

Yeah maybe you're right. They showed good link up vs Coventry though but Ranger is much better as the focal point than Smith.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
fatbasher

« Reply #136 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 10:14:59 »

Best thing for everyone to do is assume that we won't have Ranger at the start of next season. Then in the mean time we discuss what we've got that we know about. I suspect that the close season is going to be very interesting indeed, even more so if we against all odds get promoted.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 10:34:15 »

As much as its good to see a front 2 working, we shouldn't forget how good we looked earlier in the season with Mason floating around just behind a main front player.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 10:47:09 »

Some of the abuse hurled towards both Michael and Alex Smith was embarrassing. Both early contenders for April's scapegoat of the month no doubt. Why shout at your own players? Can you do any fucking better? Cheering when a player gets substituted?

I'm guessing these same people who think its just letting off a bit of steam have never made a mistake in their own jobs? Tosspots.
kerry red

« Reply #139 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 10:54:49 »

Never heard anyone abusing Alex Smith though 1 or 2 were getting on Michael Smith's back.

These are players who are probably having their first decent run in first team football and overall they are doing fine
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #140 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:03:02 »

There were a few getting on Alex Smiths back but he was clearly unfit. I quite rate him. We've got the nucleus of a decent side going forward. I just hope we play "our own" in the last few games with an eye to next season. Hopefully the Spurs loanees won't automatically get back in the side. 
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:06:51 »

I just hope we play "our own" in the last few games with an eye to next season. Hopefully the Spurs loanees won't automatically get back in the side. 
If Pboro drop a point on Wednesday night then we should at least keep a half-arsed lazy eye on the final play-off spot given that we're putting together a little run of form and Pritchard could prove useful if we're playing two up-front.

Otherwise, start building for next season.
kerry red

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:08:44 »

I'd imagine, and hope, Pritchard is a shoe in now he is available.

I can see Mason having played his last game for us and the same for Hall - injuries/suspensions notwithstanding.

There are a few fans whose ideal end of season scenario would be to get to the play off final and lose.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:11:44 »

I was kind of hoping the ironic cheering was down to the fact no-one could see the electronic boards.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DRS

« Reply #144 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:21:44 »

If Pboro drop a point on Wednesday night then we should at least keep a half-arsed lazy eye on the final play-off spot given that we're putting together a little run of form and Pritchard could prove useful if we're playing two up-front.

Otherwise, start building for next season.

This kind of annoys me. We are one point off with 7 games left and have now hit some form. Fuck next season let's do that in the summer
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:27:42 »

This kind of annoys me. We are one point off with 7 games left and have now hit some form. Fuck next season let's do that in the summer
Why? If Pboro win their games in hand we won't catch them regardless of our form
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:27:59 »

They've got two games on us, so whilst it's only one point at the moment, it could theoretically be 7. I'm all for being positive but, honestly, it's all up to PBoro at the moment.
kerry red

« Reply #147 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:35:16 »

Irrespective of what they do this midweek against Colchester, they will get beat by Wolves at the weekend.

So we beat Carlisle and we'll still be 1 point behind them but they will be down to 1 game in hand.

It's all to play for now
Flashheart

« Reply #148 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:36:16 »

And what if they lose both their games in hand? Given their form that is a very real possibility!

It's all ifs and buts but if ifs and buts are not enough to be confident, why should they be enough to be pessimistic?

Ifs and buts aside the hard fact remains that we are only a single point adrift with seven games remaining. To write us off is fucking baffling, I just cannot get my head around it.
kerry red

« Reply #149 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:40:59 »

TBH we were a tad lucky to win yesterday as we were against Tranmere - but win we did.

I suppose some think that sort of luck can't last and we will revert back to type.

Mind you, there's a lot to be said for momentum and we are now on our best run of the season!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: