Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38203 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:44:24 »

We played a damn sight better than that earlier in the season and lost. We're grinding out wins that would have originally been draws or even defeats ala Franchise the other week. We are more resilient than we have been all season and that has seen us pick up 10 points from 12.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DRS

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:46:31 »

Why? If Pboro win their games in hand we won't catch them regardless of our form
I get that but what a fuck up it would be if they lost those games in hand and we didn't take advantage because we were playing Waldon up front for example with an eye on next season
kerry red

« Reply #152 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:49:06 »

When all said and done, not many on here - me included - thought we'd be anywhere near this position when the season started.

A lot of credit for our little resurgence is down to Troy I reckon
Flashheart

« Reply #153 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:50:19 »

Win our next game and we could actually be in a play-off spot. That's a fact, not opinion. Yet we should now be focusing on next season in L1?

Really? I honestly just don't get it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:50:53 »

My Sheffield united supporting mate has a lot of hate for Wes this morning.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:54:37 »

I don't think we should give up now at all but if Pboro win their two games in hand then we've done as much as we can.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:01:20 »

Unless they win their two games in hand but then don't pick up another win the remaining "scheduled" six. All ifs and buts but we shouldn't give up that's for sure.

I love and hate the play offs in equal measure but there's no getting away from the fact that it wouldn't do us any harm to get in them, if only to help swell the coffers for next seasons budget.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:09:58 »

For me the play offs (and the JPT final at the time) were doable but not now....we (cooper) fucked it up...silly formations....not being brave....loaning out Storey etc etc....which is a shame.

But for expectations pre season? Excellent to finish in top ten.

This little run keeps it at least interesting if nothing else.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:11:39 »

A lot of credit for our little resurgence is down to Troy I reckon

Yes. And don't underestimate Stephens input too. The biggest compliment u can pay him is he doesn't look out of place with jmac and troy, and looks like he's been playing in that back 4 all season.

I have a lot of redirect for ward and think he got a bit of unfair stick at times. But it's hard to argue against his legs having gone all Nallis.

Edit; agree with flash's assessment. Though it is fair to say the weight of expectation disappeared a while ago which may have helped them
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:25:57 »

Flash, back in Jan you had us down for 52 points.  You should be popping corks by now :-)

I wonder if Reg thinks relegation is off the agenda yet? still mathematically a possibility.

Ultimately, Peterborough should take the final spot, all we can do is keep getting points and see where we end-up.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:42:26 »

A couple of weeks back we were looking downwards, now we are (mostly) looking upwards. We have a chance of 6th spot, not a big chance, we have to keep winning after all, but a chance none the less.

I have no doubt Cooper and Power are aware of this as well as being concious of giving the younger players some game time, Waldon, Gladwin, Storey, The Thompsons and others have all contributed over the last few games so it seems next seasons experiments are happening, and working, right now.

I am honestly optimistic for next season regardless of what happens this season, seeing Nathan run round the pitch to celebrate with Louis yesterday is up there with some of the best bits of the whole season for me. They both wear the shirt with pride. In all of their interviews they have never given up on this season, which is a darn sight more than some of the aspirations of the supporters of our club. There is a great picture floating around somewhere of Louis celebrating, someone with Faceache may be able to find it.

Embrace what we have whilst we have it, yesterday reminded me why I love the club.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #161 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:59:58 »

This one?

Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 13:05:39 »

The guy in the background, have it!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 13:08:54 »

We deserved to get pumped second half, but there are no more enjoyable goals as a fab than an end to end counter attack. Reminded me of wards goal (you bet) in the playoffs. Lovely stuff

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 13:10:01 »

Their keeper was utter wank though, and should really have saved thompsons effort

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: