Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38100 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 20:46:07 »

I think he'll come good and his goals record ain't bad. He had a bad second half today but he's far from shit. 

Spot on. Give the lad a break. Didn't have his best game but has done well since he signed.
Mind you I usually agree on your posts.
Still hate those fuckers down the road more than you though. Smiley
Rounds off the day and a bonus with Terry scoring an OG.

Stephens MOM today for me.
TE empty today and was disappointed with Sheffield Utd's crowd.

Play off a dream but certainly extends the end of season.
That save from Fodds, the second one in the first half was world class.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 21:23:51 »

Did you form part of the half time entertainment?
No, but I will confess to helping cat-herd those who were. And I did an exclusive table-top striptease in the Exec lounge after the game, but that's more of a sideline
kerry red

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 21:30:21 »

Just a couple of things.

I thought the pitch, albeit in great nick, was very firm and bouncy today which made the first touch difficult.

Also, Cooper got very frustrated with Gladwin. Twice I heard him scream 'Fuck off Ben' when he chose the wrong option and gave the ball away.

Still can't quite believe how we've got into within a sniff of 6th place, but a win at Carlisle next week and Posh likely to lose against Wolves and . . . . .

Oh, a word about the Blades players. Thought they were the least cheating bastards I've seen this season - no play acting when they were fouled and no diving. Fair play.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 21:34:15 by Audrey » Logged
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 21:45:48 »

Gladwin struggled a bit - although was it him who set up Miles for his opener? But considering todays team mostly consisted of this seasons injury and non starters list we did pretty damn well. Lee Cox doesn't even get listed in the programme again - just as Troy wasn't a couple of months back but both were integral today. Miles and Waldon sent out to non league clubs on loan but gave Sheff U centre backs a decent last 15 minutes run a round.

Alex Smith has barely figured too and although he like Gladwin made a few mistakes put in a pretty decent shift. Wes was fab today and Stephens looked as calm and composed as he did at City.

Ref made an unbelievable decision not to award Kasim a free kick after having his legs taken away from underneath him when just about to shoot but for gods sake Yaser surely you should have learned by now that mouthing off to him after the event is only ever going to result in yet another yellow card. Full praise to Cooper for bringing on Louis Thompson at just the right time - and it was really fantastic to see the togetherness after his long overdue first ever goal for Town.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 21:55:42 »

Credit where it's due as well, for a bloke who's been criticised for lacking the ability to change a game, the subs made a difference today

Bloke behind me moaned that Cooper was bringing on the shittest player on the bench when Waldon came on.

-----

Wasn't it Smith who played in Miles?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 22:03:03 »

I thought it was Smith too, I thought Gladwin was awful, he plays a good crossfield pass but apart from that looked well out of his depth. Wasn't that impressed with him against Preston either, don't get the hype.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 22:04:23 »

no play acting when they were fouled and no diving.

Cannot agree with that. They were on the floor as soon as they were touched, and were given free kicks most of the time.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 22:20:13 »

Gladwin played a quick forward pass to smith, smith played in Storey.

Thought gladwin did OK myself.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 23:12:40 »

The fresh faces have given us a boost and helped with the upturn in form in my opinion. Stevens has been brilliant and Troy and Cox have been like nee signings. Oh and how much better do we look without Ward? Seemingly a lot better.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 09:18:07 »

Bloke behind me moaned that Cooper was bringing on the shittest player on the bench when Waldon came on.

-----

Wasn't it Smith who played in Miles?

reckord never came on did he?

Clems Army!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 09:26:50 »

reckord never came on did he?

He did Tuesday Flash, you would have loved it!

Do do do do Miles Storey!
kerry red

« Reply #131 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 09:27:01 »

The fresh faces have given us a boost and helped with the upturn in form in my opinion. Stevens has been brilliant and Troy and Cox have been like nee signings. Oh and how much better do we look without Ward? Seemingly a lot better.

We've looked better since we played 2 up front.

Whether the last 4 games given us false hope or not it sure beats playing out the season with no hope at all.

Just look up the 420 for that!!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 09:49:38 »

Definitely helps that we've had a few fresher players lately, I don't want to keep slating Ward but it helps that we don't have a CB having to constantly worry about what he is going to do next. We've now got two CBs that can play the ball out from the back and they're both pretty handy at the defending too. 3 at the back seems to be working, Storey has gone out and gotten match sharp, it's just a shame we're missing the best no. 9 in the league.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 09:57:30 »

Both our goals were excellent. Storey's finish was unerring and the quick counter attack for our winner was excellent. Thought the blades keeper could have done better but who cares!

And to top it all off, Oxford score a hilarious own goal last minute. A good day!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #134 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 09:57:51 »

I'm sure if Ranger was still playing Cooper wouldn't be playing Storey as well.

Hopefully this small reversal of fortunes will resonate with Cooper and get him rethinking his (or Spurs') philosophy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: