Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael Smith  (Read 41127 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 15:45:20 »

I mean if i was Rooney i would be more than a bit pissed off that the club cant honor his contract but can spend this kind of money on two players.

I think it's more complicated than that. As far as I can see there cannot have been any "contract" with Rooney, other than the loan deal, at the time of his signing, because he was still contracted to Birmingham. League rules make it kind of illegal to sign a contract with a player while their registration is held by another club. There couldn't even have been one of those "pre-contract agreement" things, because we signed him in the summer, nearly a year before the contract was due to lapse, and you can't sign one of those until the last six months of your contract.

There might have been a clause in the loan agreement expressing the intention to offer a contract when AR was in a position to sign one, but it's debatable what the legal status of such a clause might be. I guess that's the line that the club are taking, and I can't blame them.

..never go back.
kerry red

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 17:05:29 »

Had to giggle at some nob called London Red on ThisIs

'TAH has only played 9 games for us so that leaves another 8 before he reaches 15'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 17:19:19 »

Had to giggle at some nob called London Red on ThisIs

'TAH has only played 9 games for us so that leaves another 8 before he reaches 15'

Same fella who thinks we have to pay Shrewsbury if TAH reaches the magic 15. Still you wouldn't read the comments appended to Morshead's stuff, for any reason other than a giggle....would you?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 17:39:13 »

No announcement yet. I'm wondering if there will be a double one tomorrow maybe?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 17:45:55 »

I really liked the self righteous indignation from the early posters that a newspaper should ever print a transfer rumour before the deal was signed and details sent to the FA.

Jesus there's an entire industry based on little else. The BBC run a transfer rumours column throughout the season, even when the window is closed.

The fellah who claimed it was all a smokescreen from the board to keep the fans on side hasn't been back since the player himself tweeted his goodbyes to his Charlton mates at lunchtime I see.

..never go back.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 17:55:30 »

No announcement yet. I'm wondering if there will be a double one tomorrow maybe?

Sam tweeted the deal was done but no official announcement today. You could be right about a double deal Sutton.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 18:21:08 »

Seems a bit odd the club still haven't confirmed it even though the player has.

Unless of course as sutton said we get a double deal at some point!

"michael smith @smudga17
All the best for the future! Looking forward to the next few years with Swindon, cant wait to get started #cafc #stfc"

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 18:43:15 »

Apparently Rooney might be off to Aberdeen, maybe Oldham can't afford his contract either.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 21:33:23 »

Jones signing too?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 21:36:13 »

Jones signing too?

Juan Mata. Said he loved playing against us in the cup so much he's coming to stay.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 22:58:05 »

Seems a bit odd the club still haven't confirmed it even though the player has.

We are close to the wage cap. Probably awaiting FL approval.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:36:33 »

So its confirmed on the site then.  Man with shirt picture an all.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/smithijumpedatthechance-1312426.aspx

So what do we reckon, straight into the team on Saturday due to Rangers 'Illness'?

Never knowingly overstated.
Sgt.Slaughter

« Reply #117 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 22:10:28 »

Is Michael Smith a load of shit
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 22:15:44 »

Popcorn
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 22:31:51 »

I dont know if hes a load of shit.  I dont claim to ave knowledge of every player in the lower leagues.  Time will tellI guess.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: