Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20257 times)
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 11:30:50 »

I've got a good feeling about this!  2-1 Swindon COYR
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 11:40:00 »

I reckons 3-1 Swindon, 314 Town fans, and a nice pick-me-up after the weekend.

Nice write up SR, it's hard to find anything to say about Crawley other than 'Its a hole'.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 11:42:06 »

You'll be fine.  No problem getting off a stop early.

I thought 'travelling short' was an offence?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 11:43:08 »

I can't get away from work early enough sadly so can't get there until around 6.45, I'll have to drink quickly!

Stupid question time. My train ticket is to Crawley. 3 bridges is on that line, does that mean my tickets is valid if I get out at 3 Bridges?

We'll get a cab from the station so I reckon at a push I could get 4 in during that time If I had to Wink
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 11:45:06 »

I thought 'travelling short' was an offence?

Really?  I've used an annual ticket to make journeys to intermediate stations on lots of occasions.  Happy to be corrected, but I don't think that's the case.  And I can't see why any train company would want to get upset about it either.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 11:47:10 »

Really?  I've used an annual ticket to make journeys to intermediate stations on lots of occasions. 

Ah, there's the difference. Definitely an offence with advance tickets.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/couple-fined-114-for-getting-off-train-before-their-final-stop-6510426.html
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 11:48:08 »

Badly missed the extra class that Mason and Ranger provide v Lorient. Guess we better get used to it though.
Luke Rooney being ineligible to play for Creepy is hardly relevant since he has hardly played at all since he's been there. His loan ends January 1st and can't see why they would want to extend it. He barely played last season when out on loan either so wouldn't be a big surprise to see him joining Lee Cox, Troy and Navarro on the expensive unused or injured cast off list at the County Ground come January, as hard to see why anyone else would want to pay him for sitting on their subs bench for 6 months.
Hopefully the zero forward option will outweigh the zero defenders scenario this evening so 2-1 Swindon in front of 2790 297 of which from Swindon. Ajose opener and another wickedly deflected Luongo shot to win it.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 11:49:50 »

It wont be a problem, that would be like getting a zone 6 travel card and deciding to get off for a pint in zone 4, if on the off chance the ticket machine did reject, then none of the staff on the station would have an issue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 11:54:04 »

Interesting about the Saxon arch....the World Marbles Championship held for many years at Tinsley Green, might have been worth (no pun intended) a mention.

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/marbles-championship-at-tinsley-green
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 12:10:06 »

Ah, there's the difference. Definitely an offence with advance tickets.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/couple-fined-114-for-getting-off-train-before-their-final-stop-6510426.html

That article states - Stagecoach, which runs South West Trains, said leaving a train early — known as travelling "short" — was not allowed on heavily discounted tickets.

My ticket wasn't heavily discounted. That article is also from 2010 so hopefully common sense has prevailed since then.

It wont be a problem, that would be like getting a zone 6 travel card and deciding to get off for a pint in zone 4, if on the off chance the ticket machine did reject, then none of the staff on the station would have an issue.

That seems logical Sutton.

We'll get a cab from the station so I reckon at a push I could get 4 in during that time If I had to Wink

Yeah a cab sounds good. 4 Pints or Jager Bombs?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 12:22:57 »

They're not a top 6 side so we should get something tonight. Probably 1-1.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 12:25:35 »

Don't forget our history with this one.

3-0 is the eternal score to the Reds
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 12:42:13 »

Yeah a cab sounds good. 4 Pints or Jager Bombs?

In Sutton's case definitely pints, i've never known anyone drink quicker!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 12:59:51 »

School night, tonight though, although I am, ahem working from home tomorrow Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 13:45:33 »

School night, tonight though, although I am, ahem working from home tomorrow Wink

Jammy git! Wink

Incidentally for those concerned about 'travelling short' I had it confirmed at Blackfriars station that my ticket is ok to do. Apparently only 'advance' tickets you aren't allowed to travel short on. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: