Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio  (Read 27269 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:04:04 »

I didn't say that it did.

Are you capable of having a discussion without instantly becoming aggressive and abusive?
Everyone knows lumps is a mouthy cunt. But he likes children and animals and loves his mum, so he's not all bad.

It's All Good..............
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:04:29 »

I don't know, why don't you start one and we'll see?
Nevermind.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:11:10 »

Lumps being a cunt as usual.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:47:09 »

Put aside the "stand in the middle of the pitch gesticulating strangely at own fans" thing, which seems to have been relatively well intentioned, his slightly mad staring eyes make it look like he's being aggressive but looking at it again I don't think that's what he's up to.

What we have is a poor start to the season after having built a completely new side. That's pretty much the story for every season that PDC has been a manager isn't it? the start of the Div. 4 title winning season was a bit of a car crash. Start of last season wasn't great either. Given that I think it's a bit early to judge.

If I had to make a prediction though I think Sunderland will struggle this season. That "throw away the whole first team and buy a new one" approach might work when you're at one of the biggest clubs in the league you're competing in, with one of the biggest budgets, but Sunderland are a long way from being that. 

And the man management style is likely to work less well on premiership players.

Aye, agree. PDC acted like a chap playing a computer game - "damn I fucked up, let's start again", only in football league terms it's with someone else's money...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 18:31:26 »

Some right angry bastards on here lately. Good stuff  Girl Giggle

Di canio saying 'he won't change' says it all. This will be his last job in the premiership. Think he'll go to italy next myself
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:19:13 »

I hope he goes on to be very successful elsewhere - his hard work and dedication deserves that, but if he falls on his arse at Sunderland I'll have a wry smile and chuckle to myself.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:35:20 »

Some right angry bastards on here lately. Good stuff  Girl Giggle

Di canio saying 'he won't change' says it all. This will be his last job in the premiership. Think he'll go to italy next myself

I think he had a pretty cushty job as a pundit didn't he? I reckon he'll go and re-join that personally.

Roaming the land while you sleep..

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:34:35 »

Sacked
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:35:35 »

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:38:06 »

Blimey, 5 games, really. Thank fuck we weren't so rash.

The club statement was concise.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2013/september/club-statement

Club parts company with head coach.

Sunderland AFC confirms that it has parted company with head coach Paolo Di Canio this evening.

Kevin Ball will take charge of the squad ahead of Tuesday night’s Capital One Cup game against Peterborough United and an announcement will be made in due course regarding a permanent successor.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Paolo and his staff and wishes them well for the future.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:40:01 »

Blimey, 5 games, really. Thank fuck we weren't so rash.
The results last season weren't great for him either. Bloody stupid to sack him so soon after letting him assemble an entire new squad over the summer. He'd probably have got them somewhere in mid table eventually
DMR

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:42:26 »

Absolutely no doubt that his antics at the Hawthorns cost him his job.

Expect he'd have been given more time if he wasn't hell bent on antagonising his own supporters. What a cock.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:45:30 »

brought it upon himself. No way would a club the size of sunderland stand for his antics where as for us, he was the big show and brought the cameras here and put us on the map again.

trouble is he thought he was he big show in the perm. as a players yes. as a manager no

Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:45:54 »

It was always possible, given his attitude, that he would be sacked early in to a job.  Obviously here he was indulged for a while and, short term, it worked for us.  He perhaps came across a less patient board at Sunderland - and his behaviour at the end of the WBA was embarrasing.  When you put yourself on a pedestal and win, you look self assured.  When you do it and lose, you look like a knob.  
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:53:12 »

Best change the locks then
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: