Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio  (Read 27259 times)
china red

« Reply #75 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 07:34:14 »

Di Canio will also return to the club’s HQ for the final time Monday to pick up his belongings

Hope they changed the locks or it'll be another midnight raid

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 07:57:30 »

What a great end to a fab weekend.....not in the least bit surprised to see he has been sussed out in so few games....shame we didn`t do the same. For some reason Swindon fans look back at his time with us as some sort of amazing era. Given the amount of money he was given I reckon a blind man with a stick could have got us up. He gives a brilliant lexample in how not to manage a football team.....if he gets another job here I will be amazed.....Great start to the week.... Grin

Bathtime
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 08:06:24 »

With all the money we threw at it, he pulled it off and took the piss out of Oxford on the way.

??

His record with us against Oxford was P3 W0 L3, wasn't it?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 08:08:50 »

??

His record with us against Oxford was P3 W0 L3, wasn't it?

I was pointing to his antics on the pitch mate...

Not the results...still makes me shiver!

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 08:10:19 »

For some reason Swindon fans look back at his time with us as some sort of amazing era.

Most enjoyable on-pitch era for ages (for me).

League title, twice beating the highest league opposition and multiple other higher league team, Wembley visit, Di Canio goading the opposition fans and the scarf raising. The football wasn't bad either. And it came off the back of a dire season and Paul Hart.

Clearly we can argue whether the cost of all that both financially and human terms (the bust ups, the public slatings, the bomb squad) was worth it. But what an 18 months on the pitch.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 08:35:13 »

Grin

In time, I think people will look back on all that with some satisfaction.  A little too soon now though.

The other point that occurred to me this morning is that - with him only lasting 6 months and 12 games with Sunderland - his time there is basically little more than a footnote.  He'll be remembered there - win vs Newcastle aside - in much the same way we'll look back on Kevin McDonald (ie not a lot).  If he does go back to Italy, his managerial record in this country will be associated more with what he achieved here.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 08:37:36 »

I cannot believe this has got to six pages. Old ground keeps going over and over. Move on people.

He wasn't even our last manager.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 08:47:33 »

Come on...it's good to remember the good times.

sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #83 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 09:23:52 »

Whoever made the ex analogy awhile back pretty much summed it up for me.

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 09:57:08 »

Football is a results business. Di canio got away with it here as the results were good. The rumours were there of his arrogance and poor treatment of individuals but the majority of fans didn't care as long as we won.
I don't know whether our players from then deserve credit or pity as they didn't stand up to him mostly. The odd exeptions were soon on their way. Caddis the biggest example as he had the cheek to ask to eat soup instead of pasta which started the whole thing off for his situation. Clarke fed up of being ran into the ground.

Sunderlands lot stood upto his bullying and control and they've had him ousted,no question about that. Will miss seeing him on the tv as he is great entertainment value.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 10:42:02 »

Grin

In time, I think people will look back on all that with some satisfaction.  A little too soon now though.

The other point that occurred to me this morning is that - with him only lasting 6 months and 12 games with Sunderland - his time there is basically little more than a footnote.  He'll be remembered there - win vs Newcastle aside - in much the same way we'll look back on Kevin McDonald (ie not a lot).  If he does go back to Italy, his managerial record in this country will be associated more with what he achieved here.

I'm not sure. People tend to remember what you did last and most publically.

..never go back.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 10:49:38 »

What about Hoddle?  Do you remember

(a) promotion to the Premier League, inspirational performances in the number 4 shirt, goal at Wembley; or
(b) Judas/leaving for Chelsea?

I have a strong leaning towards (a), personally.
DMR

« Reply #87 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 11:02:03 »

I think Lumps means the wider footballing audience and not STFC fans?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 11:21:00 »

I think Lumps means the wider footballing audience and not STFC fans?

That's how I read it - an in Ardiles' example I imagine the first thing most people would think of when you mention Hoddle is Eileen Drewery, which kind of proves Lumps' point.
DMR

« Reply #89 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 11:32:31 »

This was fucking cringeworthy. Giving it large after they'd beaten us again (and again).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: