Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Andy Williams: Yeovil to sign Swindon striker on loan  (Read 12480 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 06:37:44 »

Williams is better with help up front to flick it on and play him in behind.

Williams is better as a proper 'number 10' with a proper 'number 9' to play alongside him.......

Roaming the land while you sleep..
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 08:01:40 »

Williams needs a guy to play off, he always tried and was often played out of position.

I wish him well.

I'm just gutted we have have limited striking options to select in a game which we need to win.

Reap what you sow and all that. I am sure that there are mongs that are hoping we lose. I'm not one of them but if we lose today expect a biblical meltdown.

C'mon boys....smash them Pikeys!

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 09:07:48 »

Williams is better as a proper 'number 10' with a proper 'number 9' to play alongside him.......

Sounds so simple when you put it like that

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 09:15:57 »

Sounds so simple when you put it like that

It is.....easy!  Wink

Roaming the land while you sleep..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 09:29:58 »

The thread is a perfect example as to why STFC cannot afford to sign confidence players.  A good majority of our fans wait for an opportunity to get on a players back..  from that point on there is no way back..

Unless you start like Charlie Austin you are fucked, unless you happen to be £500k man JanAF, then you get given an extra half a season.

IMO, Collins and Williams were more than average strikers when they came to us.  A mixture of Manager and fan base ruined them.  Agree they both needed to move on, but the mong base, including plenty on here haven't helped.

Quick enough to complain about players and more than quick enough to moan when we have no players, or sign a accused rapist.

Personally think that Collins and  Williams were the best 2 strikers we have had here since Cox/Paynter, shame we didn't see enough of them together.

Can never understand what "fans" hope to achieve by abusing players, whether in the stands or on a forum.  Constructive criticism fair enough, "he's shit" when for half a season he was the only real player we had, is like punching yourself in the face IMO.

I'm certainly not going to blame the fans for their dip in form.
Our fans even hated Paynter, most people thought he was rubbish. He was good for us over all 3 seasons.

Collins and Williams were Di Canio players bought in by Di Canio to fit Di Canio's formation and football. Di Canio is also a great motivator of people. He was capable of taking less that brilliant players but getting them fitter, stronger and confident which dragged them up a notch.

Does Williams suite our current formation, not at all....Colins would have though.

Will Williams be a big loss, nope....we needed at least 2 strikers before he went. Storey and Ranger will not get us enough goals.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:47:59 »

The thread is a perfect example as to why STFC cannot afford to sign confidence players.  A good majority of our fans wait for an opportunity to get on a players back..  from that point on there is no way back..

Unless you start like Charlie Austin you are fucked, unless you happen to be £500k man JanAF, then you get given an extra half a season.

I think you're being too generous. I remember a significant chunk of our "support" that gave Jan dogs abuse that first season, even though he looked like the classiest player in a town shirt pretty much every time he took to the pitch, even during that long goal drought.

I can even remember one moany old twat stood behind me on the bank loudly informing Jan that he should try to learn all he could from the recently signed Keith Scott, as "that's what a real centre forward looks like"! Roll Eyes

..never go back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: