Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68139 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #360 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 15:16:11 »

Some real candidates for re-quote at the end of the season if we keep on playing like we are
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #361 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 16:12:59 »

Some real candidates for re-quote at the end of the season if we keep on playing like we are

Too soon for the I told you so posts just yet.

There are some regular negative, matter-of-fact smug posters who love reminding us all of the prophecies when the shit does hit the fan. SO I would love this to happen.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 16:15:00 »

There was plenty of room for concern at the time. I wasn't keen on Cooper taking over within the immediate aftermath of MacDonald's departure but had little issues with him once he had taken pre-season.

The slightly unhinged aside, fans are always happy to be proved wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 16:22:17 »

I was unhappy at his appointment. And I stand by why I was unhappy.

But so far so wrong about Cooper, and the ability to integrate so many youngsters. Long may it continue.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #364 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 16:40:50 »

One could argue that all the credit should go to Lee Power, after all he does sign the players and pick the team....
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 16:41:35 »

I doubt if there's a single fan that wanted Cooper above some of the other names that were being thrown about. I didn't for the same reasons as most others.

I am ecstatic to be proved wrong so far and long may my wrongness continue
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 15:07:49 »

Too soon for the I told you so posts just yet.

There are some regular negative, matter-of-fact smug posters who love reminding us all of the prophecies when the shit does hit the fan. SO I would love this to happen.

The thing is, whichever manager you have will have some bad times if they stay long enough.
Expect some of our doom mongers to re-emerge if/when that happens.

Personally at the time I thought we gave him the job too early, but he (& the board) have done a very good job so far.

I did laugh a bit at Leroy on the FL show when talking about Brizzle Shiity going through a transition period as an excuse for their poor form. I can't imagine many teams in the country having gone through more of a transition than we have, and we aren't doing too bad on it so far.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 16:11:58 »

I doubt if there's a single fan that wanted Cooper above some of the other names that were being thrown about. I didn't for the same reasons as most others.

I am ecstatic to be proved wrong so far and long may my wrongness continue

Spot on.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: