Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68126 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 01:48:42 »

the last page of this thread has given me hope that at some point we may finally be pulling in the same direction.

Now I don't think they're going to asset strip us and run for the hills like some do, but I think the game plan is to take over the club, cut the budget to make is self sustainable but sell as much as possible to cover this so only little money is required out of their own pockets if any, then maybe sell. It would be realistic to think a debt free self sustainable club in either League One or League Two would go for maybe a million or two....but problem is where are we left then?

well, surely that situation would be positive?  if someone were to come in and pay 2m for us in the scenario you mention then surely that would be a pretty serious statement of intent?  you'd think that there'd be more money to follow?

i honestly think jed et al were let down at some point by somebody and have subsequently made some very hard but necessary decisions that were met with all sorts of vitriol by some sections of the fanbase and that now we're getting closer to where we need to be.

i see no danger of relegation this term, once we're settled i think we'll be more than good enough defensively and will soon start to score a few goals. 

this season is, for me, all about consolidation and as far as i'm concerned next season will be a much better barometer of where we are as a club going forward.  if some fans are too impatient for that then as far as i'm concerned they shouldn't be sport fans at all unless they want to live as man city fans in some sort of perpetual 2011/2012 season - if you want to support your local club then you have to accept that more often than not you will not be celebrating unless you happen to be a manchester or london native.  sport is hard, if it wasn't it wouldn't exist, or would at most be utterly pointless.
Flashheart

« Reply #346 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:34:29 »

12 league games in now, plus a very favourable record in cup competitions so far. Getting to the point where it's reasonable to judge.

The lads not doing bad so far, is he?........
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:43:24 »

The chants of 'we are Coopers red n white army' were echoing between the TE and DRS a lot tonight.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:45:19 »

Will hold my hands up and admit I was one of those who wasnt too happy at the Cooper appointment.

Home form has been decent and of late very good tho we do lack the killer instinct at times despite bossing games.
Away we have been disappointing but Cooper has recognised that and did say he would alter the formation which he did and worked a treat v rovrum.

Decent little money earning run in the Capital cup, chance to go further in the piss pot trophy and still the FAC to come

Things are certainly heading in the right direction, We have come thru a few injuries and suspensions without too much hindrance which bodes well for the long haul.
Crunch may come around xmas with condensed fixtures and potential loss of Ranger and return to Posh of Ajose.

Certainly looking a lot rosier than I thought it would.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:46:15 »

The chants of 'we are Coopers red n white army' were echoing between the TE and DRS a lot tonight.

It's still pretty crap though, the number of people who join in in the DRS. Some of them only know We are Paolo's Red and White Army. Cooper deserves more recognition from the fans.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
kerry red

« Reply #350 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:49:12 »

12 league games in now, plus a very favourable record in cup competitions so far. Getting to the point where it's reasonable to judge.

The lads not doing bad so far, is he?........

Bad??? The football is wonderful for this level.

We have been very lucky with the Spurs boys and I shall just enjoy it and not think about what happens when/if they go back.

I know a few on here have said that they will never make it at Spurs but with Andros Townsend taking a similar route of loans you wouldn't blame them dreaming.

We'll need to get promoted to keep them another season - whether on further loan or permanent.

Viva La Cooperino!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #351 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:01:00 »

Bad??? The football is wonderful for this level.

We have been very lucky with the Spurs boys and I shall just enjoy it and not think about what happens when/if they go back.

I know a few on here have said that they will never make it at Spurs but with Andros Townsend taking a similar route of loans you wouldn't blame them dreaming.

We'll need to get promoted to keep them another season - whether on further loan or permanent.

Viva La Cooperino!!

Hall is getting better but certainly not the best defender I've seen in town colours. Mason and Pritchard are quality. Of the former, we've played well and won without him in the team.

I don't think it would be as devastating as you're making out.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:11:26 »

would love to keep the spurs lads. Cooper has us playing great football at the minute I am enjoying every second of it. Long may it continue.

King Cooper's sexy football  Cool
Flashheart

« Reply #353 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:18:46 »

Considering Cooper's/Jed's/Power's dealings so far I'm confident they'll find more than adequate replacements. They'll also have more money to play with.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:37:34 »

If Kmac had stayed and had us playing this football he'd have been hailed like the messiah in a way Cooper probably never will be due to the circumstances of his appointment.

Must be kicking himself for quitting now. Must say I prefer Cooper's more combative personality. Still can't quite believe how well everything's turned out.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:47:19 »

i like him.  i like his interviews.  i like his brand of football.
Flashheart

« Reply #356 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:49:23 »

Must say I prefer Cooper's more combative personality.

We won today.

One of the first things he said was that he wasn't happy with the scoreline.

I like that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #357 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 22:50:37 »

i like his brand of football.

Cooper-Cola
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 14:25:03 »

Credit to Cooper so far, I remember posting on the day K-Mac looked like going that I expected Cooper to get the job and it was laughed off.

Play Offs must be achieved with this side and I certainly wasn't saying that in pre season, delighted how it has turned out so far.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 14:47:25 »

I've just been reading back some of the earlier posts of this thread  and it was all very negative. To be fair to Cooper so far he has done a great job.

I liked it last night when he said he didn't want to pick out individuals but focus on the team - slightly different to the dog /donkey naming and shaming in the past.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 15:17:42 by Bewster » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: