Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In ....  (Read 57527 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:59:41 »

? Not sure I see the advantage of pushing everyone through the shop though.

Extra spending, a lesson no doubt learned from the supermarket geniuses that fleece us every day of the week without us realising what we are doing.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 22:04:10 »

I assume the printer is needed for the inserts that go in the wallets with the cards?  Anyway, surely the club has more than one printer?  Shambolic yet again....

They never seemed to in the past when I have been in there.  To be fair, the ticket office has been a pretty good impression of a shambles for donkeys, even back in the day they were sold from the bit by the CG Hotel.  Other than the younger chap who worked in there, I always dreaded having to visit it.

I notice from a recent visit to the cinema that they seem to have done away with the ticket section pretty much these days as well, getting you to go and smell the popcorn while getting the tickets.  Sounds like someone has been listening to latest trends in ticket retailing, it's just us football fans go all old fashioned once we step over the football ground threshold.  Printed out cardboard tickets for example, surely we should all be just getting barcodes to our I=phones these days?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 22:11:42 »

Because Jimmy's Mummy's new cash is more important than keeping you happy.

Pretty simple economics really.

Which is exactly the point I was making (economics/greed before customer service), which Herthab bollocksed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 06:37:11 »

Extra spending, a lesson no doubt learned from the supermarket geniuses that fleece us every day of the week without us realising what we are doing.

In this case I don't think it'll work like that. Maybe on a quiet day you'd take a quick look around the shop and possibly impulse buy, but when its busy you just get in the queue for the ticket and get out as quickly as possible.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 09:22:56 »

So we may have a first team coach, as opposed to a manager. Am I the only one who's not really bothered? If the football's attractive and reasonably successful I'm not that concerned who pulls the strings (as long as the puppeteer isn't from North London).

+1 here. Maybe it'll entice a manager who believe in a philosophy of attractive football and blooding youngsters. I don't think it's so bad, so long as they're just implementing this new ethos and won't be dictating it from here on out. If it attracts a manager who has the same beliefs then maybe he'll be left to it and not be a puppet to the evil overlords.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 09:32:04 »

+1 here. Maybe it'll entice a manager who believe in a philosophy of attractive football and blooding youngsters. I don't think it's so bad, so long as they're just implementing this new ethos and won't be dictating it from here on out. If it attracts a manager who has the same beliefs then maybe he'll be left to it and not be a puppet to the evil overlords.

That was KMac, who in the absence of a statement, many assume quit, because he couldn't operate under the conditions imposed from elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: