Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In ....  (Read 57528 times)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #255 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:36:39 »

Sure. When it works, it works well. But the anecdotal evidence over the past few days has been that when it doesn't work, it's a mess, both online and in person. The other side to your side (if you see what I mean) is I bought my eldest the away shirt for his birthday, except it wasn't out by then, so he keenly awaited the "launch date" which was last Friday. Which was when they also decided to tell people to pick up their season tickets. So when my missus went in to pick up the shirt, well she couldn't get in the shop, because they were queueing out the door and some folks apparently had been there for up to 2 hours. So she went away and came back later on. Still took best part of half an hour just to pick up a shirt that had already been paid for.

Plenty of other examples in that thread and that I've heard of personally, as I'm sure you have. Hence the comment - it's easy to talk the talk, but so far, in terms of walking the walk, there's a lot of stumbling going on.

To be fair to the staff, they really were trying their best and it was the late arrival of the Season Tickets from the supplier that caught them out.  When I called in on Thursday morning the queue was about 30 people and I got my ST and pre-ordered Torquay ticket in about 25 minutes.  On the plus side, a man on the staff was fast-tracking people who had come to collect their away shirts or to buy other merchandise so they didn't get caught up in the ST queue.  On the negative side, there was a gobshite in the queue 10 or so behind me, moaning that the size of away shirt he had ordered hadn't been delivered (yes, 'fat bastard' size) and that on top of that he had to queue for his ST.  A young lad on the Shop staff took pity on him and went off to find his season ticket.  So, just because he was a loud mouthed, gobshite he ended up jumping the queue!  Others then tried the same trick, meaning that the young lad was taking names of people towards the back of the queue and then going off to find their season tickets, while more patient people were waiting in line.  
« Last Edit: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:42:09 by Sir Pissalot » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:47:21 »

To be fair to the staff, they really were trying their best and it was the late arrival of the Season Tickets from the supplier that caught them out.
Yes, they are. And to be fair to me, I amended my post to say so Smiley

But whether it's season tickets arriving the day before the season starts, managers deciding it's not quite for them a few weeks before the season starts, concert organisers who apparently can't, they don't exactly have the Midas touch this lot do they? It may be that they're just (serially) unlucky. Or they may be the common factor in why they're stumbling from one fuck-up to the next. It's probably a bit of both. But given they know they need to build some bridges after an unconvincing start in many people's eyes, a bit of forward planning might help.

As I (and arriba originally) said, talking the talking is all very well, but when it comes to walking the walk, they keep seeming to trip over their own laces.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 20:49:14 »

On the plus side, a man on the staff was fast-tracking people who had come to collect their away shirts or to buy other merchandise so they didn't get caught up in the ST queue.

But surely the priority should have been given to those collecting their season tickets - something many of us had paid for months ago? This smacks of the club more desperate to take in new cash than service those that had already handed over dosh for something that should have been available some time ago.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 20:52:10 »

But surely the priority should have been given to those collecting their season tickets - something many of us had paid for months ago? This smacks of the club more desperate to take in new cash than service those that had already handed over dosh for something that should have been available some time ago.
Bollocks. Absolute, utter bollocks.

It's All Good..............
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:12:07 »

Bollocks. Absolute, utter bollocks.

Why?

Why not service those 'customers' who had already paid for 'goods' worth £100s and whose supply was weeks later than initially promised?

If I was in the shop trying to get my season ticket (paid for at the beginning of March) and someone buying Jimmy a new pencil case was allowed to get served before me I wouldn't be happy. Simple customer service principles.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:22:28 »

Why?

Why not service those 'customers' who had already paid for 'goods' worth £100s and whose supply was weeks later than initially promised?

If I was in the shop trying to get my season ticket (paid for at the beginning of March) and someone buying Jimmy a new pencil case was allowed to get served before me I wouldn't be happy. Simple customer service principles.

Should have paid the £3 extra and had it posted to you

Tight cunt
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:29:01 »

Tight cunt
Cheesy
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:33:51 »

Tight cunt

A penny saved...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:35:42 »

Why?

Because Jimmy's Mummy's new cash is more important than keeping you happy.

Pretty simple economics really.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #264 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:40:38 »

When I handed the money over on 23rd March I didn't know that Jockanory and grumpy Bollocks were going. I didn't know the ticket office would be gone. I didn't know that STs would not be available only 8 days before the first home league game. I didn't know that when I went to collect them, they wouldn't fucking have them.
I'm sure a lot of people would have paid the £3 or whatever but didn't know it would be a fuck up for many.
Also I was told my tickets weren't ready as the club printer had broken and they were waiting for a man to fix it - this is different to the other story about the 3rd party sending the tickets late - although I'm not sure how the broken printer would print plastic.  
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:45:52 »

When I handed the money over on 23rd March I didn't know that Jockanory and grumpy Bollocks were going. I didn't know the ticket office would be gone. I didn't know that STs would not be available only 8 days before the first home league game. I didn't know that when I went to collect them, they wouldn't fucking have them.
I'm sure a lot of people would have paid the £3 or whatever but didn't know it would be a fuck up for many.
Also I was told my tickets weren't ready as the club printer had broken and they were waiting for a man to fix it - this is different to the other story about the 3rd party sending the tickets late - although I'm not sure how the broken printer would print plastic. 
Doooooooom.

(sorry, just had to beat Tails to saying this)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:48:02 »

I assume the printer is needed for the inserts that go in the wallets with the cards?  Anyway, surely the club has more than one printer?  Shambolic yet again....
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:51:10 »

What makes me laugh is they have scrapped the ticket office altogether! How many clubs don't have a proper ticket office ffs. It should have been expanded if anything!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:52:36 »

No wallets this year. You do get a 'ticket' but the seat number is printed on the plastic card anyway.

Chang: As far as I could see there were a few external ticket windows that could be used to separate shop customers from ticket customers? Not sure I see the advantage of pushing everyone through the shop though.

But hey ho, the biggest issue was the tickets were a bit tardy coming in leaving everyone to get them in the space of a week.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:55:03 by Batch » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #269 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 21:59:37 »

Nobody who was handing out tickets appeared to have system access for anything other than selling Torquay tickets. I was told they must have sent mine out but the kid didn't look at anything to make that assumption - it was bollocks.
Given the details STFC collect on us it can't be that difficult to work out which tickets weren't ready and e mail people. I have very little confidence they will be there Thursday.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: