Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In ....  (Read 58469 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 08:50:32 »

That's it in a nutshell, the outgoings of high wages and a manger with expensive tastes was balanced with a substantial backer.

Unless Caddis is paid a paltry basic with huge financial payments when he plays I see no reason not to play him, in my mind not playing him just reduces his value every week and will end up us selling him on the 'cheap'.

The Caddis/Benson thing is something else that requires answering. As contracted Swindon Town players, they should really be involved. A little concerned that they have large appearance fees written into their contract which deems them unusable. If Caddis is to leave this club for free, it will be shambolic.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
iffy

« Reply #106 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 08:51:00 »

Sometimes you win a bid not because you're the best bidder, but because you're only the bidder.

Had there been any other viable candidate, I'm convinced JedCo would have come second.

To Black's credit, he wanted to deal with a consortium that wouldn't take the club through admin, and to JedCo's credit, they were the only group prepared to do this deal.

So who's to blame for all this? Black, Jed, Fitton, Wray, PdC? No-one really, everyone's a victim of circumstance. With the possible exception of Charlie Austin.

If he'd put away that goal at Wembley, we'd have been 'on-plan' and in the Championship. Black would have been less panicked because his investment was worth more, and there would have been more potential investors and he could have handed over to a new set of owners on a more sensible timetable. AND EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE. DAMN YOU CHARLIE AUSTIN.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 08:56:56 »

In that case, I hold the FA and Wembley responsible... how long did they take to finally sort that pitch out?!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:04:16 »

Regarding caddis, benson and co, think the club don't want them injured. Can't offload crocks.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:05:53 »

Had there been any other viable candidate, I'm convinced JedCo would have come second.
To Black's credit, he wanted to deal with a consortium that wouldn't take the club through admin, and to JedCo's credit, they were the only group prepared to do this deal.
So who's to blame for all this? Black, Jed, Fitton, Wray, PdC?
Had there been any other viable candidate?  We did - allegedly - have a purchaser when Black wanted out at the end of the 2011-12 season, unfortunately the main backer died and nobody else came in, so it was left to Jed!!  As regards the blame game, Wray must take a lot of the blame, damned nice guy who couldn't say no to PDC's demands - he was allowing the club to run at a huge loss knowing full well that his mate was going to pick up the bill . . . .until the day came when Black said no more!  Those losses had to be addressed, hence the ridiculous money we got for Ritchie to avoid an immediate administration, as I have said in another thread whoever had come in and restructured the club would have been unpopular!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:07:18 »

Do we know who this buyer who died was?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:09:04 »

Agree with this. They were given a club with a fixed balance sheet, and a messed up P&L. They don't have their own cash to fix the P&L over a longer period of time, so it's shock treatment, austerity measures and blame everything on the last lot.
You sound just like David Cameron!!  Whatever is happening behind the scenes is really a fact of life in lower league footy, you cannot spend what you don't have unless you have a rich benefactor such as Brentford or Bournemouth!   Unfortunately, the current board are not Andrew Blackesque!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:09:44 »

I don't think that has ever been disclosed!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:16:11 »

I don't think that has ever been disclosed!

It was Jimmy Saville.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:18:34 »

It was Jimmy Saville.

NOW THEN NOW THEN
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:34:10 »

In that case, I hold the FA and Wembley responsible... how long did they take to finally sort that pitch out?!

It was always sorted out. But because the FA/Wembley illuminati hated our 100% record, they hid a work experience kid under the pitch to bobble up the turf at exactly the right moment.

It's the fucking FA man, they hate us.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:38:18 »

Smiley

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:59:55 »

Lord lucan
iffy

« Reply #118 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:10:18 »

You sound just like David Cameron

Well spotted.

David Cameron !!  Whatever...Bournemouth!   Unfortunately...Blackesque!

Too many exclamation marks.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:12:44 »

Lord lucan

Bollocks, it was Shergar.

Edit: my sauces now tell me it was Pope JP II. He was fed up of Vatican City being a laughing stock in the world of Football, and so tabled a bid with Jimmy Saville, Michael Jackson, and Stuart Hall.

The plan to focus on youth came from that failed takeover.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:15:41 by Honkytonk » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: