Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In ....  (Read 58459 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 22:47:25 »

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 22:50:25 »

we have already got plenty of potential tThompsons and Foderinghams. Could do with few more McCormack and Wards

The latter combo sounds like a Folk group.

I'd happily take a Thompson or Fodderingham over a McCormack.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 22:58:31 »

Think I'll take the radical step of waiting to see the identity of any more signings, then I'll watch them for a few games and make a judgement on their ability.

nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 23:00:19 »

fair do's but we've already got 2 Thompsons and a Foderingham but a distinct lack of McCormacks

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 23:01:06 »

I wonder if we could play without numbers & names on shirts and also enforce the use of balaclava's for all of our players.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 23:02:52 »

fair do's but we've already got 2 Thompsons and a Foderingham but a distinct lack of McCormacks

Well if all we have to do is name surnames then I want 2 Rogers, 2 calderwoods, 2 shearers and a Digby.

The point is, shall we wait and see how the current players perform before writing them off?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #96 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 23:40:25 »

Getting fed up of the silence re Power now. Why cant he or Jed just tell us what his role at the club and/or boardroom level is?

Officially, Director of Football.

Reality is that he's probably running the show completely.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 01:20:37 »

Love it!

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 03:42:38 »

Quite how Power can be accused of running EVERYTHING is beyond me if he is only in the country for 90 days a year.

He runs us from Switzerland online, it's like real life Football Manager,  that's where some of these odd unknown players are coming from they are computer generated.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 08:19:04 »

My bad, it just seems that recently every slightly anti board post on here you respond jumping to their defence.
Not necessarily so, I have problems with them as well, ie the shadowy nature etc., however I was brought up with a sense of fairness instilled in me and some of the things on here have been downright unfair, ie the Mercs (brought up again yesterday!) and the fact that Jed can be seen without a tie etc, etc, but believe me if the time is right for an orange fez protest I'll be right there!!  However, until that time arrives I am prepared - unlike a few on here - to give them the benefit of the doubt!  Despite what a lot of people wanted to believe Wray and co left this club in a financial mess and somebody had to sort it out - it is a fact of life that whoever had taken on that task would have been unpopular!!
Levi lapper

« Reply #100 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 08:32:27 »

Interesting interview, although it was hardly paxmanesque, why did k Mac leave? who owns the club? why have a proven success and model pro (caddis) on the payroll and not play him? Are they looking to make financial reward from their ownership of the club?
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 08:33:02 »

Despite what a lot of people wanted to believe Wray and co left this club in a financial mess

I really don't think that's true. There were a few players and a manager on sizeable contracts, a couple of ex-players receiving 'please go away' compromise payments… and that's about it, isn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For committing to take on these ongoing costs, those coming in were offered a club with all debts written off for £1. Anyone with the financial clout McCrory claimed to have at the time of coming in would have been able to pick up those running costs (including keeping the manager) easily given the lack of investment required elsewhere.

Anyway, it's old news really and there have been a few promising signs lately so I don't want to get too 'doom-mongery' about it. But the idea McCrory and co were handed some crippled ship that desperately needed saving is gaining a lot of ground and I just don't see it that way. Fitton and Wray were handed that ship five or so years ago, and they saved it.
iffy

« Reply #102 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 08:36:01 »

I really don't think that's true. There were a few players and a manager on sizeable contracts, a couple of ex-players receiving 'please go away' compromise payments… and that's about it, isn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For committing to take on these ongoing costs, those coming in were offered a club with all debts written off for £1. Anyone with the financial clout McCrory claimed to have at the time of coming in would have been able to pick up those running costs (including keeping the manager) easily given the lack of investment required elsewhere.

Anyway, it's old news really and there have been a few promising signs lately so I don't want to get too 'doom-mongery' about it. But the idea McCrory and co were handed some crippled ship that desperately needed saving is gaining a lot of ground and I just don't see it that way. Fitton and Wray were handed that ship five or so years ago, and they saved it.

Agree with this. They were given a club with a fixed balance sheet, and a messed up P&L. They don't have their own cash to fix the P&L over a longer period of time, so it's shock treatment, austerity measures and blame everything on the last lot.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 08:37:30 »

Had McCrory and co not come in or any other consortium for that matter, we would have likely gone into Administration and had points deductions and a whole load of pain. The Wray and Co way was sustainable as long as Black was putting his hand in his pocket, once Black pulled out we could have ended up going down shit creek without even a fly swat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dozno9

« Reply #104 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 08:42:10 »

Had McCrory and co not come in or any other consortium for that matter, we would have likely gone into Administration and had points deductions and a whole load of pain. The Wray and Co way was sustainable as long as Black was putting his hand in his pocket, once Black pulled out we could have ended up going down shit creek without even a fly swat.

That's it in a nutshell, the outgoings of high wages and a manger with expensive tastes was balanced with a substantial backer.

Unless Caddis is paid a paltry basic with huge financial payments when he plays I see no reason not to play him, in my mind not playing him just reduces his value every week and will end up us selling him on the 'cheap'.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: