Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In ....  (Read 58463 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 16:36:12 »

Ha! The Agombar link is actually quite funny, if true. And they wonder why we dare call into question their credibility!
It sounds as if that, no matter what, you have already made your own mind up on this subject.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 16:46:35 »

Ha! The Agombar link is actually quite funny, if true. And they wonder why we dare call into question their credibility!

Even if true, and it could be, it is hardly a thing of hilarity.  That's what Monty Python is for.

Nepotism in football is hardly a new thing - Blair Sturrock for example.

Fredi's post seems a little more distant than in the past, so I'm guessing he is removed from the loop.  Everything he said as fact was reasonable, he just seemed intent on slanting in a particular way to suggest borderline criminal activity.

Quite how Power can be accused of running EVERYTHING is beyond me if he is only in the country for 90 days a year.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 16:51:00 »

He/she is quite insistent that Power owns the club.

There is a question for you ask Mr Hodgetts,  who owns what?
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 16:54:20 »

Not really bothered about the Agombar link, heard titbits about it a few weeks back, no different to a manager signing their son in my opinion. Didn't the Flint signing come about because Wilson's son played with him? Things like that happen all the time in football.

Wouldn't mind knowing who really owns the club though.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 16:57:54 »

He/she is quite insistent that Power owns the club.

There is a question for you ask Mr Hodgetts,  who owns what?

You'd never get the right answer even if he did own it because it would be legally down to the person registered with the shares.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 17:27:30 »

fredi's credibility has to be called into question after he/she summarily failed to provide the smoking gun as promised
Flashheart

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 18:09:12 »

fredi's credibility has to be called into question after he/she summarily failed to provide the smoking gun as promised

He supposedly sent 'proof' that the board were lying about A Rooney's contract to the trust. We've heard nothing since which would suggest it was nothing to get excited about.

He seems to have a habit of taking factually correct yet somewhat benign information and spinning it into something more sinister..... the Merc hire being a prime example.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 18:23:31 »

Quite how Power can be accused of running EVERYTHING is beyond me if he is only in the country for 90 days a year.
To be fair he has certainly had a busy summer so far, from dealing with our out of contract players at the end of last season, negotiating with transfer targets to interviewing potential managers and even giving a helping hand on the training ground in Portugal!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 18:26:39 »

He's not the new assistant in the team photo is he?! Only joking...but who is that?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 18:40:49 »

You'd never get the right answer even if he did own it because it would be legally down to the person registered with the shares.

Hmm, fair point. Damn.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 18:51:27 »

Yey,another q and a full of half truths and leaving more questions than answers. Actions speak louder than words anyway.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 19:06:28 »

Yey,another q and a full of half truths and leaving more questions than answers. Actions speak louder than words anyway.
So if he talks to us he's in the wrong and if he doesn't talk to us he's in the wrong?
It's kind of balanced, I guess.

It's All Good..............
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 19:13:15 »

Arriba, I have always respected your views and accepted most of them because I thought you knew what you were talking about but I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are now appearing bitter and twisted about the new board!!
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 19:16:24 »

Where is this team pic ?   know they did it today but didnt know its been shown anywhere ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, August 1, 2013, 19:19:07 »

He's right that actions speak louder than words. I share some of his scepticisms, I think Jed is good at spinning things.

But you have to let the man speak, listen to what he says if only to see if he delivers, actually to see if he tries to deliver on what he has said (he may try and fail, which is fine). Otherwise how do we know whether Jed is being straight, full of shit or somewhere inbetween?

The phone in is a good idea. Though they've never really met expectations before!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: