Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Foderingham to stay but Roberts and Ward are on their way  (Read 17108 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 12:50:23 »

Good luck to Roberts, He did alright despite some abuse from our fans. I actually enjoyed watching him.

Ward, top man. Probably the man I wanted to stay the most.
Hope we at least bring in one or two older heads, will make me feel more confident.

The players that been moved out have shown a lot respect (apart from Flint) none have moaned or behaved badly towards us despite being pushed. Good luck to them, not their fault they got given more money than they should.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 12:58:44 »

He's shit and his legs have gone. They've got to hope he shows a lot more appetite than he had here. His agent has done a cracking job.
His agent must have spiked some drinks up in Chesterfield
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:07:08 »

Wasn't a Roberts fan.  I think wingers should have pace and he didnt have any.  Any decent full back should just send him out wide.  Not many good games from him in a town shirt.  At home he tried hard but didnt show the quality he supposedly had.

Ward will be a loss and unlike Greer we must replace like for like.  A experianced CB who will organise those around him.  Matt Taylor who we wanted when Greer went is on a free and if as good as he was would fit the bill , well if we can afford the bill of course.

Next week will hopefully start to see some incomings.  Players back in training with trialists joining them.  So hopefully will be some faces on the official site of the players running that we dont recognise.

Hope A Rooney isnt coming back personally.  Would like to see a target man type striker come in as felt we didnt hold the ball up that well last year.  Williams can bugger off any place he likes.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:08:32 »

3 years for Roberts, 4 years for Flint - those are bizarely long contracts for lower league players. Even more so with Roberts, at least Flint has years ahead of him and could maybe be sold on if he improves enough.

Dont have the same hatred for Roberts most do, surprised he's only 29 though!

Like with most of the outgoing players, we'll see who we replace him with first...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:09:35 »

Roberts on a 3 year deal has the potential to be a Whalley-esque Albatross. Perhaps he just had a bad season but it did look like his legs were going for us.
DRS

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:10:49 »

With the formation that our manager prefers I would imagine out and out wingers are not a must
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:17:45 »

If Byrne is coming in where are we going to play him ?  He isnt as good as Nathan Thompson.  If Bircham from spurs is coming in he looks like he can use both feet but would maybe battle with Jay at left back if Jay is staying.  If we not playing with wingers and going with 3 in midfiled then Byrne doesnt fit in does he ?  No saying hes rubbish by any stretch, but kinda looks like a squad player who covers various positions if needed.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:19:46 »

With the formation that our manager prefers I would imagine out and out wingers are not a must

What about down and out wingers?We seem to get a few of them.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:22:09 »

Unless KMac plans to play a narrow diamond midfield then I cant think why we wouldnt need wingers?

Even if we play 451 all of next season - your wingers have to make up the attacking options and are pretty vital to the system. They might not be out and out wingers but we'll still need them imo.

Unless, we play a proper 433 with 3 strikers upfront, so Williams and Storey either side of Collins?
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:28:46 »

at present im thinking

Wes
N. Thompson-----New CB-----New CB -----Jay/Bircham ( if he is coming )
New Right wing----Luongo (if coming)--- New CM------ New left wing
Collins-----New striker

Thats a bit scary thinking that through

adje

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:31:13 »

Surely there's someone out there willing to give McEvely a 3 year deal?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:42:20 »

Surely a good manager can and will change a formation Dean.....if you have a quality wide man on your books then in my opinion the formation is changed to accomodate him.....saying that i feel previous managers over did it a bit...exspecially with Ritchie when at times it seemed that he was the only player on the pitch...other teams got wise to it.
Going to be interesting with K Mac....for all the support he is getting from the fans a few bad results will have the fans fretting....funds or no funds.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 14:27:12 »

Given the expected influx of young players I would have thought Ward was just the kind of player we needed.  

Quite understand the need to restructure financially - just difficult for those of us on the outside to appreciate the specific financial imperatives.  STFC will need some quality and experience and if it is already here at a reasonable price, why look to change everything?  

I think the "signals" being given out by the club won't be especially helpful in attracting two or three key quality players.  Not envious of KMacs position as he will indeed take the blame if the results go against him.

Excited and pessimistic at the same time!

This ^^^^

Glad to see the back of Roberts but am gutted to be losing Ward
All very well playing youth but you need a few experienced heads around them and IMO Ward would have been ideal for that

Looks to me that kmac is building a young team for the long haul, any targets that have been mentioned are all on the young side.
Patience is something very few football fans have whatever the club. Esp if home form is bad.

Time will tell but I for one am not looking forward to or expecting much from next season which is a massive negative after the last couple of seasons
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 14:29:33 »

No but I believe that Kmac has given certain targets to Jed to secure the signing of but I also feel a middle man could well be considered by the club, something like the Joe Kinnear role at Newcastle a DoF type role (but done in a better way obviously and not with a person hated by the fans), as long as its done with Kmacs backing then it could work well.

Our one venture at this previously failed I know when Andy King refused to work with Mel Machin but football has changed a lot since then.

So you're happy with Power being this man...even though as far as we know he hasn't passed the FaPP requirement?
DRS

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 14:35:40 »

I see no reason why he won't
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: