Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Foderingham to stay but Roberts and Ward are on their way  (Read 16930 times)
phelpsieboy

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:17:19 »

I am genuinely looking forward to the new season and beyond. Liking the new mantra of the playing side and feel that there will be no one better to complete this than Kevin MacDonald. Sure it may take a few years for it to work, but a slow build to promotion is much better than shit or bust.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:19:45 »

I agree with much of whats said here, if any player no matter who it is doesn't want to play for Swindon then fuck off, we don't want passengers in the team.

Kmac should be judged on his own team by signing the players he wants and that appears to be the way it is panning out.

None of the players that have left are irreplaceable at all, but that does mean that we need to replace them, and I am sure that Kmac will bring in suitable players in time, yes it would appear that we have no squad but players arent even released from their contracts officially until 1st July and I am sure that we have several targets lined up.

Who knows what this season will bring, it could be good it could be bad we will find out soon enough but I do hope Kmac is given enough time by the fans, many of whom seem to be wanting blood and have done since the chosen one left us and I feel will not be pleased by anything other than winning every game and winning the League 1 Championship. Actually many fans seem to be convinced we will get relegated it would appear.

I will be quite happy with a mid table season with a good cup run and beating shitty at Trashton Gate and the County Ground.

« Last Edit: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:21:50 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:20:31 »

Kmac really has the chance to prove himself as a decent manager this coming season and I hope he does so. To get a top 6 finish with the mass exodus we have seen would be a great achievement.

My fear is a stuttering start with fans turning on him early doors. Jed expects a title charge, so I expect quite a few fans will too. Personally after losing out last season I would see anything other than a good effort at finishing in the top 6 disappointing.

Am I looking forward to the new season? No. But a few signings would soon change that to a yes.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:24:06 »

I agree with much of whats said here, if any player no matter who it is doesn't want to play for Swindon then fuck off, we don't want passengers in the team.

Kmac should be judged on his own team by signing the players he wants and that appears to be the way it is panning out.

None of the players that have left are irreplaceable at all, but that does mean that we need to replace them, and I am sure that Kmac will bring in suitable players in time, yes it would appear that we have no squad but players arent even released from their contracts officially until 1st July and I am sure that we have several targets lined up.

Who knows what this season will bring, it could be good it could be bad we will find out soon enough but I do hope Kmac is given enough time by the fans, many of whom seem to be wanting blood and have done since the chosen one left us and I feel will not be pleased by anything other than winning every game and winning the League 1 Championship. Actually many fans seem to be convinced we will get relegated it would appear.

I will be quite happy with a mid table season with a good cup run and beating shitty at Trashton Gate and the County Ground.
Good post which I agreed with untill the last part.

The day I am 'quite happy' with a midtable season in League 1 is the day I stop bothering with football.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:28:43 by Dr Pierre Chang » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:25:02 »

Why would anyone expect a title challenge following this summer?

We had our chance at promotion and a spectacular sequences of events saw us blow it. This season will be about rebuilding and starting again and not going for bust chasing a promised land that realistically promises fuck all
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:29:23 »

Town fans are notoriously impatient (perhaps football fans all over!) so my worry is that we will see signs of a new spring dawning, a few results go against us, fans are clamouring for the manager's head and Jed throws his toys out of the pram and sells us to somebody like Diamandis, and the hard work will be lost.  I would love to see us challenging next season, but a decent season with a few youngsters in the side would be a mid-table finish ready for a push the following season.  I just wish Jed had come out and told us the real position, financially, as he is left to sort out the mess left by le god, Jeremy Wray.  That way we would know a bit more what to expect.  Waiting for a pm Dean, give us a clue!!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:30:19 »

Why would anyone expect a title challenge following this summer?
With the chairman regularly stating on Twitter that he thinks we will be challenging then some fans are going to expect it, no matter how unrealistic it may be.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:47:07 »

Last season we were expected to do well.  A dark horse for promotion.  Lets face it, this season we are more Walsall.  Could get caught up in relegation dogfight, more likely be mid table mediocrity but who know (we certainly dont, especially as we'll have almost a completely new squad.  Possibly) maybe there will be moments when we surprise ourselves and look like challenging for 6th place. 

We haven't a fucking clue at the moment have we.  That's what makes it exciting. 

Never knowingly overstated.
china red

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 09:55:51 »

I'd personally take a season of mid table mediocrity next season.  It was never going to be easy to cut the playing budget in half, will be interesting to see who else leaves and what we get in.  If we don't replace some of the experience thats moved on we could be in big trouble.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 10:02:34 »

My fear is a stuttering start with fans turning on him early doors.

They turned on him when he lost his first game as a manager here. Some fans are fucking thick like that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 10:04:14 »

Collins will be next to go i reckon. Obvious from January he didnt want to fucking be here.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 10:16:58 »

Do you really believe that KMac, has and will be making these decisions?  I'd say this is an important statement from KMac.....

I’ve been kept ticking over the summer, talking to Lee and Jed and seeing what’s going on at the football club.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 10:21:22 »

Given the expected influx of young players I would have thought Ward was just the kind of player we needed.  

Quite understand the need to restructure financially - just difficult for those of us on the outside to appreciate the specific financial imperatives.  STFC will need some quality and experience and if it is already here at a reasonable price, why look to change everything?  

I think the "signals" being given out by the club won't be especially helpful in attracting two or three key quality players.  Not envious of KMacs position as he will indeed take the blame if the results go against him.

Excited and pessimistic at the same time!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 10:25:18 »

I would have thought that KMac would coach what players he has been given. I've seen nothing to suggest he's in charge of player movements in or out. I thought Lee Power was doing that.
If someone told me we'd finish half way next season I'd snatch their hands off. 
phelpsieboy

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 10:25:41 »

Collins will be next to go i reckon. Obvious from January he didnt want to fucking be here.
Morshead said the other day that Collins won't be going. He fits in with the new philosophy to be fair and could fetch a larger fee in a year or so time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: