Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: New players on Town radar - McCrory  (Read 6388 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 12:44:12 »

I've simply pointed out that last year we were active in the transfer market by the end of June.

Difficult to understand obviously.

But it is the 13 of June? there are still 17 days left of the month if it were the 29th and still no new players it might get a little concerning but even then it is over a month until the season starts
DRS

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 12:44:36 »

If most are struggling to grasp it maybe that is more your issue
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 12:50:18 »

bunch of fucking girls...

It's the 13th of June.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 12:52:48 »

But it is the 13 of June? there are still 17 days left of the month if it were the 29th and still no new players it might get a little concerning but even then it is over a month until the season starts

Last year we had signed players by the end of June.
I posted that last year we had signed players by the end of June.
At no point have I said anything else in relation to signings this year nor that I expected them this early  nor that it's the end of the world because we haven't signed anyone yet.

If most are struggling to grasp it maybe that is more your issue

If I said last year Christmas was in December would everyone's first reaction be - well it's only June now, so why are you moaning we haven't had Christmas yet? Plenty of time for it yet!

Same old shit, DVs posted something lets take it as out of context as possible.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 12:53:52 »

I reckon Foderingham will stay and Caddis will go. If we kept both I'd be delighted...

At the moment we could still (technically - when fit) field;

GK Foderingham
DR N.Thompson
DC Archibald-Henville
DC Ward (C)
DL McEveley
MR Caddis
MC Navarro
MC L.Thompson/Cox
ML Roberts
STR Collins
STR Williams

Bench of Storey, Benson, Thompson/Cox, L.Rooney, Oakley, Ferguson, Bedwell

Without wanting to come over all positive, that is way to good to struggle. Does lack depth though and half that side are crocked currently.

POSITIVITY?!? HOW VERY DARE YOU!

This is how I feel actually. A left back (or two, because personally I think Jmac's crap, but I understand that might just be me), a midfield option, a striker, and a centre back or two and we'll have ourselves a tidy team for next year.

Obviously if Caddis goes or fucks about and doesn't play properly because he's sulking, we'll need a winger, but Williams might fit into that role alright, and be replaced in the middle by Storey or a signing. I still think Luke Rooney could do a job now he's back in the fold. He has always had some skill, just never had much of a chance to show it.
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 12:55:58 »

For fuck's sake Dean, it's far too early to be thinking about Christmas.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 13:05:03 »

I've simply pointed out that last year we were active in the transfer market by the end of June.

Difficult to understand obviously.

Difficult to understand mainly because you seem to be comparing this year unfavourably with last despite the fact that we'd signed nobody at this point last season, and the story you're commenting on makes it clear that the club are intending to make signings soon. Maybe even by your entirely arbitrary June 30th deadline!

You posted earlier that the article was pointless, because there were no names of targets mentioned. But if there had been no article mentioning that the club were chasing transfer targets, then you'd be moaning that we weren't going to sign anyone and we'd be playing youth teamers by Christmas.

We get the message. You're unhappy and nothing is going to please you. You don't believe we'll sign anyone. When we do sign someone they'll be rubbish. Can you just assume know that already?

..never go back.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 13:10:04 »

Last year we had signed players by the end of June.
I posted that last year we had signed players by the end of June.
At no point have I said anything else in relation to signings this year nor that I expected them this early  nor that it's the end of the world because we haven't signed anyone yet.

If I said last year Christmas was in December would everyone's first reaction be - well it's only June now, so why are you moaning we haven't had Christmas yet? Plenty of time for it yet!

Same old shit, DVs posted something lets take it as out of context as possible.

No-ones taking it out of context but you. You posted the remark IN THE CONTEXT of this thread. Because of that people assumed that it had some relevance to the newspaper article that this thread relates to.

People don't usually just post random unrelated facts on internet discussion forums. Well Dossie does but he's even more mental than you.

..never go back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 13:10:50 »

Difficult to understand mainly because you seem to be comparing this year unfavourably with last despite the fact that we'd signed nobody at this point last season, and the story you're commenting on makes it clear that the club are intending to make signings soon. Maybe even by your entirely arbitrary June 30th deadline!

You posted earlier that the article was pointless, because there were no names of targets mentioned. But if there had been no article mentioning that the club were chasing transfer targets, then you'd be moaning that we weren't going to sign anyone and we'd be playing youth teamers by Christmas.

We get the message. You're unhappy and nothing is going to please you. You don't believe we'll sign anyone. When we do sign someone they'll be rubbish. Can you just assume know that already?

I've not said any of that.

All I've pointed out is at which point we started signing players last year.
I'm all for no articles till its scarf above the head time and have had that stance for years.

The rest about no signings, youth teamers by Christmas and 30th June deadlines is all bollock that I haven't said in the slightest...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 13:11:06 »

DV = Date Validator.

Argue with him at your peril.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 14:47:19 »

Is it rag week?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DRS

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 14:54:06 »

Fuck off
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 15:23:07 »

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 15:37:31 »

So, why...........

Never mind.
Because he's a depressing cunt. It's his thing.

It's All Good..............
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 16:00:12 »

DV you're either moaning or you're pointing out the fucking obvious.

Either way shut the fuck up. And get a hair cut.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: