Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Adam Rooney: Swindon Town striker in contract row with club  (Read 31502 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #135 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 11:17:09 »

What like tans? Very fucking imaginative given your surname.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 11:22:51 »

This was from an article on Rooney in early May, at the start it seems to indicate that there is a deal done already for him. But then he seems to say that his loan was with a view to a permanent deal and he hoped to stay.

Quite confusing over whether it’s a done deal and we have to honour the contract or if we are hoping to sign him just not on the original terms. If the latter is the case then I guess we can just pull the plug on the deal still.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/10397361.Rooney_targets_Town_stay__regardless_of_division/

Looking at that it seems to confirm that there's no contract. You don't "hope" to still be at a club if there's a deal agreed do you?

..never go back.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 11:23:05 »

I keep meaning to change it
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 11:24:55 »

To fredi?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 11:26:48 »

Looking at that it seems to confirm that there's no contract. You don't "hope" to still be at a club if there's a deal agreed do you?
I thought that the wording suggested that too. No wonder he's "hoping" to stay if he's going to be picking up a salary and get all his living costs paid for!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 11:46:19 »

One thing that doesn't sit right with me personally is the way that on the face of it the old board screwed up. I believe that Nick Watkins is capable and honest and acted in the best interests of the club with the information provided. That information could have been false, or more likely to my mind simply changed when Black pulled the plug.

How much involvement did Watkins have on the football side of things, I always got the impression that it was very much just PdC, Spencer and Wray who managed that?

By promising that stuff to the Trust within 48 hours (why not immdiately) 'Fredi' has given himself a deadline and thus will need to deliver to remain remotely believiable. I do wonder whether the pop at Sam M in his latest missive was in response to the fact that SM would not publich stuff without hard facts.

Even if we are only paying players £4k a week with the rest on expenses thats still insane, isnt the average abount £2k in league 1?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 12:24:52 »

The board have ignored Radio peeps since they broke the story on Andy Johnson last season and then he failed to sign, although what they failed to say to radio was the story was embargoed until it was a done deal when radio called for a quote / clarification.

And it has been pretty clear that the club have been using the adver as source as all story's are broken via the adver and anything that needs to be denied admitted etc etc has always come via Sam @ the adver.  You'd assumed that he not changed even after Murrel ? threated the editor with legal action.

It is obviously down to Jed & Co who they choose to use, I pity the new sports editor at RS though as all he will get is matchday news and be left sidelined for anything else unless they do any real journalistic investigation themselves.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 12:43:51 »

What like tans? Very fucking imaginative given your surname.
Yeah, what kind of numpty would do that.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:08:51 »

Did you not read all the stuff about redundancy at the club? Tanner was one of the ones who took 'voluntary redundancy' after being at the club for best part of 10 years.

Yes I did, but the post doesn't read as if he took voluntary redundancy and walked away happily.  It says resigned out of frustration at the way the communications or I assume lack of were being dealt with.  Taking voluntary redundancy and resigning because you're pissed off aren't the same thing.
Flashheart

« Reply #144 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:11:05 »

Yes I did, but the post doesn't read as if he took voluntary redundancy and walked away happily.  It says resigned out of frustration at the way the communications or I assume lack of were being dealt with.  Taking voluntary redundancy and resigning because you're pissed off aren't the same thing.

So you're buying into what fredi is saying then?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:12:34 »

Yes I did, but the post doesn't read as if he took voluntary redundancy and walked away happily.  It says resigned out of frustration at the way the communications or I assume lack of were being dealt with.  Taking voluntary redundancy and resigning because you're pissed off aren't the same thing.
Reading through his tweets, he says he's decided to move on and look for something new and suggests that Tom Otrebski (the other media guy) might be stepping into his shoes so perhaps the media department has been shrunk down to one person as it always used to be.

Either way, I wonder if he has seen the comment about resigning out of frustration
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #146 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:34:14 »

That's not very exciting and doesn't fit in with the most negative view though.
Flashheart

« Reply #147 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:44:23 »

Still no winding up petition notice in the London Gazette, maybe the creditors are hanging on until nearer to the court hearing.

Is there a rough deadline which would suggest it was BS?
Flashheart

« Reply #148 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:46:01 »

Basically, everything Fredi says is probably based on some decent information.  They just have an agenda so make it all out to be bad.  

Such as the Mercs which some people are still stressing about.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:50:44 »

I'm more interested in the bottom line of his comments this time round more so than anything else. Fan ownership being a step closer? I didn't even realise it was a possibility?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: