Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Adam Rooney: Swindon Town striker in contract row with club  (Read 31565 times)
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:56:41 »

and 7k a week for another player who dropped a division to join us last season as well.  still has a year left on his contract.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:59:12 »

I just like his posts on account of the constant anarcho-lurching from touching humanity to animal brutality.

Superb write-up that.  He should have that under his avatar.

FWIW I like his posts too, the touching humanity ones mainly, animal brutality ones less so)

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 22:40:07 »

Don't get the sniping against Rooney himself however. 9 goals from 15 starts (plus 19 subs appearances) makes him a 5th choice striker?  Let's induct the other 4 striker legends into the Hall of Fame then.

I understand the view that some attempt to renegotiate the contract is necessary but unlike, say Ruddock, Rooney is available to actually play and will not be handed media opportunities like the fat one and nor has he been handed a contract on an old pals act basis like Ruddock was by his next door neighbour Donegan who happened to be STFC chairman.

If I saw my private (except to the TEF's esteemed In the Knowers) contract details splashed across the Adver by the otherwise privacy-loving chairman who knew about my contract (or should have) all along, I might invest some of my earnings in a few pies over the summer and demand an extra large pair of shorts on top of my existing deal.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #108 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 05:57:06 »

I actually feel quite sorry for Rooney. If we can't dodge this deal and end up paying him what the contract says the fans will never take to him.
kerry red

« Reply #109 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 06:38:21 »

You're not him? What's the chances of having 2 unhinged mentalists on the same forum? Spooky.

Just keep a look out for any anti Shrews ramblings!
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 08:00:28 »

I am becoming more of the opinion that if the previous lot had remained in charge for much longer I might not have had a club left to support long term?

Whoever Rooney's agent is he did a hell of a deal.

Whereas I remain of the opinion that we would both already have a Championship club to support, a Championship club that would have moved into a purpose-built new stadium at the County Ground within the next couple of years and could eventually have grown sufficiently to sustain itself at that level with minimal ongoing investment. It also feels like they might have been our last shot at such a future.

The only certainty is that we will never know.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 08:04:04 »

fredi says...
8:25am Fri 31 May 13

Ok, time for a little "truth update". And before I get shouted down by the same people who prefer to live in denial, let me state at the outset that certain documents will find their way to STFC Trust within 48 hours to support what is explained here.

Firstly, it should be pointed out that the club has chosen to marginalise all but Sam at the Adver in terms of communication. Jed feeds him what he wants disseminated, ignoring both the BBC and, more importantly, it's own in house communication team, which is why Chris Tanner resigned in frustration. The danger of this is that rubbish such as yesterday's story about Adam Rooney is passed off as fact, leaving fans angry and seemingly justifying the Board's behaviour.

One of the documents to which I refer above, is a spreadsheet showing last year's budgets with complete wage details, contract terms, agents fees, signing on fees etc. It makes interesting reading and to put fans' minds at rest, every player last season and all those contracted for next season are on less than £4k per week. It shows that every last pound was budgeted for and shows how £500k was to be spent from January to fit within a season's budget of £4.5 M. Obviously this £500k was not forthcoming and with the sale of Ritchie, the actual budget was under £3.5M. Further it includes all agents fees and shows that Spencer was on a fraction of what is generally assumed. He took nothing from individual deals but rather received a monthly retainer equivalent to less than 3% of total budget.

Back to Rooney - when KMac last saw him, he praised him for his efforts last season and said he would see him preseason. Two days later, Rooney gets a letter from STFC attempting to renege on his contract. How is the player meant to react ? Where does this leave KMac, once again left totally undermined, just as he was over Benson? He is back from holiday now, so would be good to hear his thoughts.

Lee Power continues to run the show and in recent meetings has openly referred to his ownership of the club. If he cannot pass the fit and proper test, is this acceptable - we don't need to discover we are back to the days of breaching FL regulations ? All players are still up for sale, with at least £500k of sales/wage savings required to get through June. No investment from the Board (bluffer Jed still put in zero, taken out loads) but Power admits they would sell the club if there was a few quid in it for him and his cronies.

Worrying times still, I'm afraid. On the positive side, proper fan ownership like Portsmouth may be a step closer.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 08:12:53 »

Surely anyone with any nous at all can put together a spreadsheet. How can we know that this is an official STFC spreadsheet?

The fact that Fredi was totally wrong about the concerts appears to have damaged his credibility somewhat and I am taking what he says with some salt, however not totally dismissing what he is saying.

The proof will be in the pudding, whenever the hell is it served is another matter!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 08:31:42 »

Surely anyone with any nous at all can put together a spreadsheet. How can we know that this is an official STFC spreadsheet?

The fact that Fredi was totally wrong about the concerts appears to have damaged his credibility somewhat and I am taking what he says with some salt, however not totally dismissing what he is saying.

The proof will be in the pudding, whenever the hell is it served is another matter!

Well if (s)he is wrong, (s)he's taking some very big risks with libel law.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 08:37:11 »

[url width=764 height=1023]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x480/tanswell2010/77858a85c972c8363b091054ebd3338d.jpg[/url]
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 08:52:49 »

If no paperwork lands with the Trust then we'll know he/she can't back anything up.  I don't agree that the concerts coming off is enough to discredit him/her. 

I wasn't aware that Chris Tanner had resigned though and that's a worry if true.  He's been at the club for a fair while and is Swindon through and through.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 08:55:14 »

I wasn't aware that Chris Tanner had resigned though and that's a worry if true.  He's been at the club for a fair while and is Swindon through and through.

Nor was I, but funnily enough I did have an inkling the other day that Jed was posting the club FB updates!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #117 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 08:55:57 »

Much funnier than your usual trolling efforts Tans Cheesy
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 09:14:26 »

If no paperwork lands with the Trust then we'll know he/she can't back anything up.  I don't agree that the concerts coming off is enough to discredit him/her. 

I wasn't aware that Chris Tanner had resigned though and that's a worry if true.  He's been at the club for a fair while and is Swindon through and through.
Did you not read all the stuff about redundancy at the club? Tanner was one of the ones who took 'voluntary redundancy' after being at the club for best part of 10 years.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #119 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 09:21:19 »

Still no winding up petition notice in the London Gazette, maybe the creditors are hanging on until nearer to the court hearing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: