Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Adam Rooney: Swindon Town striker in contract row with club  (Read 31501 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:53:51 »

But it's yet again come out in the press as a sensationalised story hasn't it, it's another massive PR own goal. I still can't believe it's only being looked at now, it seems very last minute....

But if they were negotiating its not that surprising they wanted it done behind closed doors. Its not obvious they only started to address this now, but its also understandable they missed this in the expedited takeover process.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:54:29 »

But it's yet again come out in the press as a sensationalised story hasn't it, it's another massive PR own goal. I still can't believe it's only being looked at now, it seems very last minute....
Just because it's breaking now doesn't mean nothing's been discussed before now.
How many people are still kissing Wray's arse?

It's All Good..............
phelpsieboy

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:57:20 »

How can people be feeling dejected at the news our Player of the Year has signed a new two year deal, and generally just seems really happy playing for Swindon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:58:00 »

How many people are still kissing Wray's arse?

But equally if he was brought in within the then agreed budget he's not done much wrong either. IF.

If that budget forecast was unacceptable Bertie should have grown a backbone/kept closer control on his cash.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 19:02:28 »

I am becoming more of the opinion that if the previous lot had remained in charge for much longer I might not have had a club left to support long term?

Whoever Rooney's agent is he did a hell of a deal.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 19:05:49 »

But if they were negotiating its not that surprising they wanted it done behind closed doors. Its not obvious they only started to address this now, but its also understandable they missed this in the expedited takeover process.

Possibly hoping that something could be sorted in association with Caddis to Birmingham?  Explains now why due diligence took so long it's fucking carnage.  So if there are at least 2-3 on this sort of cash that's possibility 25% of budget on 2-3 players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 19:08:06 »

Possibly hoping that something could be sorted in association with Caddis to Birmingham?  Explains now why due diligence took so long it's fucking carnage.  So if there are at least 2-3 on this sort of cash that's possibility 25% of budget on 2-3 players.

Yes it seems to be a mess now, OK the time but fucked up now the money has gone.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 19:23:33 »

I thought he was just on loan? When did he sign a two year deal?
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 20:02:52 »

How can people be feeling dejected at the news our Player of the Year has signed a new two year deal, and generally just seems really happy playing for Swindon.
i've only skim-read this thread, but the impression I got was that people were questioning whether tying him down to a two year contract when he was already under contract for one year really warranted a trailer on facebook.  Which, when you put it like that, makes all the arguing that followed sound a bit of a storm in a teacup Cheesy

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 20:33:14 »

£900 a week less. He is no longer our highest earner. This is what is fucking up all contract negotiations.Flint and Macca both feel they are worth the same as Rooney
People gave me stick about the 7k a week thing but I was spot on as DRS confirms. I don't make a habit of acting 'ITK' but I did hear this from Huddersfield fans at the time.
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #100 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:02:22 »

It's a hideous amount of money for a guy who'd most likely be either our 4th or 5th choice striker in the pecking order this coming season based on Collins, Williams, Storey, Benson and Rooney being the 5 in contract strikers at our disposal when fit (not counting Connor Waldon or the "win a pro kid" in that list obviously).

This temp-to-perm move shows how complete a total and utter cunt Di Canio was. He had no interest in the long-term health of the club and was happy to rape us financially for his own short term career advancement. I look forward to Di Canio transfer listing John O'Shea for napping on the team bus, throwing coffee over Adam Johnson's crotch for no reason and fining Stephane Sessegnon for shopping in Sainsbury's rather than M&S during his 8 month tenure as Sunderland boss - the crazy, lunatic bipolar fuckwit fascista. Spencer, Di Canio and Black should feel ashamed that a really ordinary lower league footballer is on in excess of £7k a week. What a fucking damning indictment of society that is. Feel sorry for Rooney, he can't help being "slower than molasses" and generally pretty shit can he the poor lamb?

Free the Dostoyevsky one.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:20:38 »

Free the Dostoyevsky one.

You're not even banned you lunatic.
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:39:37 »

haha, I'm not Dostoyevsky.

I just like his posts on account of the constant anarcho-lurching from touching humanity to animal brutality.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:48:07 »

haha, I'm not Dostoyevsky.

I just like his posts on account of the constant anarcho-lurching from touching humanity to animal brutality.
You're not him? What's the chances of having 2 unhinged mentalists on the same forum? Spooky.

It's All Good..............
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 21:52:53 »

I am becoming more of the opinion that if the previous lot had remained in charge for much longer I might not have had a club left to support long term?

Whoever Rooney's agent is he did a hell of a deal.

Wonder if his agent is known as 'Phil' to his friends?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: