Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread 2013  (Read 139895 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 16:30:17 »

I agree.  Very impressive.  Think we will win this series, but this Aussie side has fight...and youth on its side.  In 2017 when they're back here again (I think?), they will be formidable.  Transitional phase right now.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 17:42:16 »

Hmmm im not so sure. I think they have good young players but they wont be the next Warne, Mcgrath etc.

Really we should have beaten them more convincingly this test. Batting and inability to polish the tail let us down a fair bit.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 17:48:22 »

We normally start a series slowly, so to still win the Test, considering on day 2, two big decisions went against us.

Hopefully at Lords' they'll produce a wicket with a bit more pace and bounce that will more suit our attack, because the wicket at Trent Bridge seemed to negate Swann, as it was slow.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 17:54:06 »

Don't follow cricket much, but the Aussie tail surely can't perform that well again. They will have to up their game to win, so can they up it that much?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:21:23 »

The aussie batting line up were suspect from the start, the bowling lineup was known to be able to perform
I see them dropping Cowans - who they replace with is up for grabs.
Depends if they send Warner off to join the A tour or not

They can up their game and expect them to do so

If its a hard bouncy Lords track I see us playing the same team as that will suit Finn
If not then its Bresnan for me

Think that Trent Bridge pitch helped the aussies somewhat as did no favours for Swan or Finn
Anderson will perform no matter what as long as the ball swings

Needs our top 6 to go on and make a score instead of getting starts and out ( Bell aside )
Bairstow esp needs a score
DMR

« Reply #455 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:28:36 »

Bresnan's fucking pump.

Compton for Bairstow, Root back to 6, Onions for Finn
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:45:15 »

Bresnan's fucking pump.

I doubt there'll be much change to a winning team....Finn is the most vunerable, on the horses for courses bowling policy, I'd assume he's decent at Lords, without knowing.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:47:31 »

Bresnan to come in for Finn for me. Not sure if it's the change in Finn's action that he's still getting used to...went at 5.33 an over in the 1st innings (2-80 off 15) and 3.7 an over in the 2nd innings but got it all wrong in a period that could have cost England the game. Bresnan also lengthens the batting. If it doesn't happen at Lords then I expect to see the change at some point in the series.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 19:44:39 »

I've just finished watching Kerry Packer's war, a 3 hr tv film, on iPlayer. Not sure that it'll be available for much longer, but it's an absolutely superb watch for anybody remotely interested in cricket.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 19:46:35 »

And we start all over again tomorrow. Unchanged for me, think Finn is the best of our third bowler options if we can get him into form and you'd hope playing at home might help him with that. Interesting that Tremlett has been training with England all week though.

Talking of playing at home, I'd recommend a bet on Chris Rogers top scoring in this one.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 21:07:32 »

Agreed with the "home" observations, sticking with Finn for Lords makes sense. 

Tremlett can offer a different option - especially on a bouncy wicket like Perth this winter, so he may be in with a chance of an appearance later this summer, even if his form after injury isn't exceptional. 

Wish I was going, love a first day of a Lords test.
Levi lapper

« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 21:47:01 »

Agreed with the "home" observations, sticking with Finn for Lords makes sense.  

Tremlett can offer a different option - especially on a bouncy wicket like Perth this winter, so he may be in with a chance of an appearance later this summer, even if his form after injury isn't exceptional.  

Wish I was going, love a first day of a Lords test.

I'm hoping it goes down to the wire as I have a ticket for Monday, well excited  Smiley
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 23:09:26 »

I've just finished watching Kerry Packer's war, a 3 hr tv film, on iPlayer. Not sure that it'll be available for much longer, but it's an absolutely superb watch for anybody remotely interested in cricket.

Fantastic stuff, watched on BBC4 myself and gripped by how much that whole incident (and Packer) changed the game!

#VivaKenBarlow!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 23:13:46 »

Finn I think will get the nod tomorrow, purely down it being his home ground but if he doesn't bowl well then I expect Bresnan to come in at Old Trafford.

Wish I too was going, but sadly will be at work reading cricinfo updates! Missed out on Lords tickets in the ballot, but looking forward to going OT and The Oval!

England to win this test for me.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Spud

« Reply #464 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 05:48:35 »

Bresnan's fucking pump.

Exactly the same changes that I said to my mate last week.

Don't rate Bresnan either.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: