Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Swindon Town to halve playing budget for next season  (Read 44407 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:36:01 »

Visocans right though, its apparently about 6k a week.

I was told this by the same person who told me about the Andy Johnson deal a week before it was supposed to happen so have no reason to doubt them.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:36:31 »

Who also told me about luongo at the same time.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:48:23 »

I've no doubt Roberts is a high earner but i'm still struggling to believe the figures being bandied around, although they do keep getting lower. :-)

DMR

« Reply #93 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:50:58 »

Haven't you got the message that almost nobody on here believes these figures that a few of you continue to pluck out of your arses about how much players earn.

What makes you think you know more than him or any other cunt on here about these contractual things? Other than your pious self-assurance of course.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:57:08 »

how many assists/goals for that? Ritchie must have been much better value, Paolo must have been off eez rocka
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:06:18 »

He turned down a new contract with Huddersfield before coming here. I spoke to some of their fans at the time who said that their chairman was paying out silly wages for League 1, so if he's turning down Huddersfield wages...

Why should I believe that Hudds fans are any better informed about what their club pays in wages than you are about what our club pays?

I think their total spend on playing costs, including all transfers, signing on fees, agents fees, and probably the scouting network, was about £7.5m last season. Even if the vast majority of that, say £6m was spent on wages, which it wasn't, it still only works out at an average of about £215k p.a. or £4.1k a week for a 28 man squad (and they had a decent sized squad last year cause Clarke was a shopaholic of near PDC proportions).

So either Roberts was one of their top earners, which seems unlikely, or we paid massively over the odds for him.

Which is besides the point as there was no lucrative Huddersfield contract to compete with because the facts are:

- he turned down a new contract under Clarke at the beginning of the 11/12 season, with a lot of talk about him angling for a move to Wednesday or Leeds, but that never came off
- by the summer of 2012 Clarke was gone and Grayson had taken over and didn't fancy him so there was no contract offered when his old one ran out

So he wasn't exactly "turning down Huddersfield wages" as there was nothing on the table for him.

You're living in a fucking dream world if you think we're paying Roberts £7k a week. That's over £360k a year. With NI close to £400k or over 9% of the old playing budget, over 17% of the new one. And we know that one of our long serving mid fielders has just been binned off because we aren't prepared to pay him less the half that.

It's just bollocks and you must know it.

Either that or you're insisting that PDC saddled us with a massively overpaid player. Do you think he's fucking useless in the transfer market, or do you suspect he was lining Spencer's pockets in the process.

« Last Edit: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:24:34 by dalumpimunki » Logged

..never go back.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:10:10 »

Leon Clarke was on almost 6k a week in league 2 so I don't doubt that others will be in similar money.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:12:09 »

Is Roberts quoted somewhere saying how much he is on? Has a picture of his payslip been leaked somewhere?

With the exception of Ferry nearly all the wage figures banded about in the past couple days are nothing more than total guesswork.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:24:02 »

What makes you think you know more than him or any other cunt on here about these contractual things? Other than your pious self-assurance of course.

I don't know ...... I can do arithmetic?

I can work out that it's unlikely that we're spending close  to 10% of the entire £4.5m budget for all playing staff on a single player.

Maybe that I've got the sense enough to know that if there was a player at the club that was out-earning the rest of the senior pro's by more than 100% then this would probably be kept pretty fucking quiet and is unlikely to be the subject of office gossip?

But mostly because I watched the Brentford game and when Roberts played that fucking nightmare square ball that cost us the third goal I didn't see Ferry run across to him and chin him screaming "you earn nearly 3 times what I do you useless cunt", which I might expect if this was in any way true.

..never go back.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:28:14 »

Leon Clarke was on almost 6k a week in league 2 so I don't doubt that others will be in similar money.

Says who?

I'm sorry but you can't try to authenticate one statement based on no evidence by pulling out another one and comparing the two!

..never go back.

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:33:01 »

Says who?

I'm sorry but you can't try to authenticate one statement based on no evidence by pulling out another one and comparing the two!

says me, and I can do what I like. You can make of it what you like. I don't give a shit
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:34:32 »

And the likes of Douglas et al were on similar wages in 2010.  And that's not me guessing, it's a fact, because I know the girl who used to do the wages.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:42:37 »

says me, and I can do what I like. You can make of it what you like. I don't give a shit

Moon

I Love You
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:44:31 »

And the likes of Douglas et al were on similar wages in 2010.  And that's not me guessing, it's a fact, because I know the girl who used to do the wages.

Used to? Did she get sacked for telling everyone how much the players were on?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:57:09 »

And the likes of Douglas et al were on similar wages in 2010.  And that's not me guessing, it's a fact, because I know the girl who used to do the wages.

See, I heard from another player than Douglas was our top earner on 4.3k basic...

All Chinese whispers I expect.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: