Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 622127 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:52:12 »

I think the piece doesn't pick up on the differing models between the top clubs and say us. Puma don't pay us to make the shirts I assume wit us its much the same as a normal retail agreement albeit I still suspect the cut we make is limited, especially if they are bespoke like this year. Still seems strange Power did that unless it was part of the plan to lumber the club even more.

By the sounds of it, a leaving present. Shows the sort of character he is!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1516 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:59:51 »

I think the piece doesn't pick up on the differing models between the top clubs and say us. Puma don't pay us to make the shirts I assume wit us its much the same as a normal retail agreement albeit I still suspect the cut we make is limited, especially if they are bespoke like this year. Still seems strange Power did that unless it was part of the plan to lumber the club even more.

I think it is pretty obvious it was.  He lumbered the new owner with a kit that would be stupidly expensive to re-order and would end up ultimately costing them money, and leave them with a big problem to boot with the fans becasue of the amount that was ordered.  I wouldn't be surprised if the shirts were sold at cost or even costing them.

That is why the black template kit is so important.  It allows the fans who didn't get one of the originals to own a shirt and also allows them to start clawing back some of the money that they lost from the original kits..

Just another childish, bitchy action of a defeated, wounded shiester as he skulked off to his cave after being humiliated in the courts..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1517 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:25:13 »

Nice shirt though tbf
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1518 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:35:05 »

Nice shirt though tbf

Yup.

I think the "yellow" away kit backfired too, people seem to like it and we keep winning in it!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1519 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:37:03 »

Agreed on both counts

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1520 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:08:17 »

If we're not getting a good deal from Puma I'd sack them off personally. Fans will buy them no matter what. Back in the day only the top clubs could get top brands but now everyone seems to, even though its on bad deals.

Personally some of our best kits have been lesser brands. The Strikeforce ones were great. I wonder if they're still around.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1521 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:11:05 »

If we're not getting a good deal from Puma I'd sack them off personally. Fans will buy them no matter what. Back in the day only the top clubs could get top brands but now everyone seems to, even though its on bad deals.

Personally some of our best kits have been lesser brands. The Strikeforce ones were great. I wonder if they're still around.
Can't just sack them off once in a deal but i get the impression next time it's nefotiated it will be more in the club and not the chairmans favour
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:18:47 »

Are we actually with Puma beyond this season? I seem to recall it was extended for a short period during COVID?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:27:35 »

Are we actually with Puma beyond this season? I seem to recall it was extended for a short period during COVID?

That was my impression too. Originally I thought it was due to be up end of last season, but if the fat controller already had kits on order there must have been some extension agreed.

It's a travesty that during the Adidas reign the club never sold Retro 80s Adidas remakes, but that sort of thing isn't totally easy when you're dealing with a third party rather than Adidas direct.

Spall are still around. A small company like that would surely give us a better deal and could sell the retro ones in the club shop as well rather than them making them on twitter to order.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:34:59 »

That was my impression too. Originally I thought it was due to be up end of last season, but if the fat controller already had kits on order there must have been some extension agreed.

It's a travesty that during the Adidas reign the club never sold Retro 80s Adidas remakes, but that sort of thing isn't totally easy when you're dealing with a third party rather than Adidas direct.

Spall are still around. A small company like that would surely give us a better deal and could sell the retro ones in the club shop as well rather than them making them on twitter to order.

A quick swizz on line https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%80%9322_EFL_League_Two suggests that Macron and Erreŕ seem to make a lot of kits at our level, and we are the only club with one of the big boys (depending on your thoughts on Hummel)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:44:44 »

Yeah I'd call Hummell a semi big one. I should probably have said it has been a lot more common over the last ten years or so.  Whereas in the 90s every seemed to have a weird and wonderful kit maker that you wouldn't have otherwise heard of.

Mizuno are/were a pretty big Japanese kit maker. Always rated their kits as well, with exception to the itchy round collar.

Going back to a previous kit maker who can also make some limited edition remakes of old kits should definitely be looked at by the club, as retro kits sell like crazy these days and its extra money on top of the current ones.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1526 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:46:11 »

and by smaller clubs, I meant League One too. 7 teams have Puma there, undoubtedly on the same sort rubbish margin we're making. 
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1527 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 11:05:45 »

Cristiano Ronaldo. 800 goals.
A preening poseur for some, but you've got to respect the guy.
The numbers are staggering and didn't play as a central striker for a large part of his early career.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 11:09:08 »

Cristiano Ronaldo. 800 goals.
A preening poseur for some, but you've got to respect the guy.
The numbers are staggering and didn't play as a central striker for a large part of his early career.

Absolutely. And he hasn't played for 'diddy' clubs either, Portugal, Sporting, Real (450 goals for them!!!), Juve and Man U so he has played in the best leagues in Europe. I reckon he'll get to 850 before calling it a day.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1529 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 11:31:23 »

Absolutely. And he hasn't played for 'diddy' clubs either, Portugal, Sporting, Real (450 goals for them!!!), Juve and Man U so he has played in the best leagues in Europe. I reckon he'll get to 850 before calling it a day.

How many is Messi behind him (I note Messi is 2 years younger as well) I think a lot will depend on the extent to which Man Utd are prepared to carry him in the team this season?

Amazing record, possibly helped by (OTTOMH) never having any great amount of time out through injury which is pretty amazing over a 21 year career (wiki suggests longest absence was 7 weeks).
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: