Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The league 2 run in  (Read 1788 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 17:02:26 »

Great story Stockport...best team i saw at the CG.
What about the other two games you attended ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 08:56:00 »

Didn’t they lose something like £6m last season building this squad, and in crowds that are similar to ours. Just goes to show what we would need to do to try & compete

This gets touted a lot, it’s bollocks. Barrow, Crewe, Crawley - all competing, all nowhere near that level of budget.

Last year, Stevenage and Northampton got promoted without paying mega bucks

I hate this narrative of ‘oh Wrexham and Stockport have loads of money so how can we even dream of being good too’ because it’s absolute horseshit and an excuse for failure

Things get better but they never get good
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 09:08:45 »

This gets touted a lot, it’s bollocks. Barrow, Crewe, Crawley - all competing, all nowhere near that level of budget.

Last year, Stevenage and Northampton got promoted without paying mega bucks

I hate this narrative of ‘oh Wrexham and Stockport have loads of money so how can we even dream of being good too’ because it’s absolute horseshit and an excuse for failure

But we get complaints on here constantly that we are not spending enough & our budget is not competitive because of our level of attendance, yet Stockport who get similar crowd levels as us lost £6m.

We can't have it both ways, can we?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 09:23:16 »

But we get complaints on here constantly that we are not spending enough & our budget is not competitive because of our level of attendance, yet Stockport who get similar crowd levels as us lost £6m.

We can't have it both ways, can we?

I'm not sure that's quite the point people are making. I don't think many of us expect us to match Stockport and Wrexham spending wise, but there are it seems ten other L2 clubs - including a lot who are not bankrolled to that silly extent and who get less than half our crowds - who are able to outspend us.

If we had the fourth or fifth biggest budget in the league, I don't think anyone would be complaining about under investment.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 09:35:37 »

I'm not sure that's quite the point people are making. I don't think many of us expect us to match Stockport and Wrexham spending wise, but there are it seems ten other L2 clubs - including a lot who are not bankrolled to that silly extent and who get less than half our crowds - who are able to outspend us.

If we had the fourth or fifth biggest budget in the league, I don't think anyone would be complaining about under investment.

Spot on. Not expecting us to compete with Stockport’s and Wrexham’s with silly money, just don’t think we should be getting beaten out financially by 8-10 teams in this division, we’re punching below what we should be
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 10:45:22 »

Colchester v Grimsby on Tuesday. The pressure on Grimsby to win that one is immense...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 10:53:01 »

Colchester v Grimsby on Tuesday. The pressure on Grimsby to win that one is immense...
Massive game in the relegation scrap that, I hope Grimsby can muster a win and put the horrible Cowleys deeper in trouble.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 11:14:33 »

Massive game in the relegation scrap that, I hope Grimsby can muster a win and put the horrible Cowleys deeper in trouble.
Me too …….   Can’t see being away to the creepies on Saturday is going to be easy for them.   Much rather Sutton survive than the Cowleys.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 11:40:35 »

Me too …….   Can’t see being away to the creepies on Saturday is going to be easy for them.   Much rather Sutton survive than the Cowleys.
100% this.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 16:07:12 »

Salford now safe from relegation and Grimsby as good as safe with a 10 goal difference advantage over Sutton.

So just between FGR (P44 pts 36 GD -36), Sutton (P44 pts 40 GD -25) and Colchester Utd (P42 pts 41 GD -19).

In L1 its still any 3 from 6 for the remaining relegation spots.

9 points seperate Fleetwood in 23rd place and Cambridge in 18th. So Cambridge and Shrewsbury both on 46 look the safest currently, Burton on 43, Port Vale on 40, Cheltenham on 38 and Fleetwood on 37.

All 6 of those sides losing today with only bottom club Carlisle winning, ironically.

All those 6 teams have 3 games left to play other than Cheltenham who have 4 left.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: