Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 622025 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 18:14:19 »

Blatter and Platini being turned down on their appeals against their 90 day ban, which should stop Platini being on the shortlist to be FIFA President.

There were stories in the press at the weekend, that the FIFA ethics committee have finished their investigation into the £1.35m bribe...sorry, payment, and they were preparing to ban the both for a long time. If true, that would surely mean Platini having to leave his role as UEFA President.
You'd have thought so wouldn't you? Platini, on the other hand, believes that because he admits the payment (i.e. he's being transparent) he has done nothing wrong......just like when he voted for Qatar in their World Cup bid. The fact that he openly said he voted for them makes him innocent of any dodgy dealing (never mind that his son was subsequently given a lucrative job and France won major orders from the Qatar government and PSG were taken over my Qatari billionaires...). He's as bent as the rest of them and spent years licking Blatter's arse before the cat leapt out of the bag....and what's more disturbing is that our FA will still probably back him to be FIFA president. If the ethics committee rule that he's innocent then any credibility they have left goes down the toilet.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 19:32:14 »

You'd have thought so wouldn't you? Platini, on the other hand, believes that because he admits the payment (i.e. he's being transparent) he has done nothing wrong......just like when he voted for Qatar in their World Cup bid. The fact that he openly said he voted for them makes him innocent of any dodgy dealing (never mind that his son was subsequently given a lucrative job and France won major orders from the Qatar government and PSG were taken over my Qatari billionaires...). He's as bent as the rest of them and spent years licking Blatter's arse before the cat leapt out of the bag....and what's more disturbing is that our FA will still probably back him to be FIFA president. If the ethics committee rule that he's innocent then any credibility they have left goes down the toilet.

Platini has his nose in the trough, just like Beckenbauer. I wouldn't be surprised that this 'payment' is for his Qatar vote, with the payment taking place a few months after the vote. It's more likely than any story that Platini comes out with.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 10:34:13 »

Another 2 FIFA execs being arrested at the 'official' FIFA hotel, this time by the Swiss authorities.

BAZINGA !!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 11:10:25 »

Another 2 FIFA execs being arrested at the 'official' FIFA hotel, this time by the Swiss authorities.
While it may be pleasing that they're (possibly) starting to get what's coming to them, this falls very firmly in the "What's wrong with" thread.
Barry Scott

« Reply #424 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 12:23:37 »

What I do find funny is how FIFA have supposedly made a loss. Obviously FIFA is hugely profitable, so I can only see this as being timely propaganda to help imply that those benevolent mavericks at FIFA are not all raking it in hand over fist.

My guess is it's actually due to some sort of naming rights/licensing issue to help move funds about, probably to a company that's not "non-profit".
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 12:34:13 »

Probably caused by excessive lawyer fees....

BAZINGA !!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 12:54:11 »

Probably caused by excessive lawyer fees....
There's a lot of hidden expense that as a layman you just don't realise about. You know, running world football is in some ways a lot like selling a house ....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 13:51:31 »

The hotel are now doing special arrest packages - private room with quick side door exit, large towel to go over head and and some soap on a rope
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 14:41:56 »

The hotel are now doing special arrest packages - private room with quick side door exit, large towel to go over head and and some soap on a rope

Cheesy

BAZINGA !!

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 22:59:28 »

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/article/go-ahead-for-new-stadium-2845699.aspx

Wimbledon get the go-ahead for their new stadium, and could be back playing in Plough Lane for the 2018-19 season.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 23:02:50 »

More context here:
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/goalkeeper-catches-ball-runs-length-of-pitch-scores-absolutely-incredible-goal--ZJdYyMN9qx

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 06:33:50 »

CSKA Sofia's Star Wars celebration
Both bizarre and brilliant

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/cska-sofia-fans-with-epic-star-wars-banner-and-chant-at-game
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 07:55:03 »

The best thing about it is it was probably happening while the game was going on. In a lot of East European countries, it's not necessarily about the football, but supporting the team with banners/fireworks/flares.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #433 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 08:41:38 »

I bet there was pages of debate on the CSKA forum regarding the merits of that banner.... ;-)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 21:55:44 »

The love in between Bristol City fans with Preston and Franchise from last season unravelling as City drop below both. Their 'we want you both to go up instead of Swindon' might just come back to bite them on the bum!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: