Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 622186 times)
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 18:12:08 »

At the risk of sounding a bit patronising, I do love articles about obscure teams in the early qualifying rounds.

The story about the lad from Worthing is fantastic....and quite inspiring. Will try and look out for their results and hope they succeed with the five year plan (where plenty others have failed Smiley).
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 13:10:43 »

I have always thought that John Terry was a bit of a knob, however now I know that he is disabled and think of the adversity he has overcome to reach where he is in the game says a great deal for the man and the wider football family.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-terry-spotted-parking-200000-6524699
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 10:36:40 »

Blatter and Platini have been banned by FIFA for 90 days....

And subsequently stuffs Platini in trying to be the next FIFA President.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 10:41:58 by Summerof69 » Logged

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 13:29:25 »

Be interesting to see what, if any, action UEFA take. When palpably the most corrupt organisation in world football thinks you're sufficiently dodgy to suspend you, it would be hugely embarrassing for UEFA to keep him in post surely?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:07:45 »

I am intrigued after all the shite that has flown about for many years, what has now led to this ban - I assume getting nicked by the Swiss Authorities?)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:37:21 »

Be interesting to see what, if any, action UEFA take. When palpably the most corrupt organisation in world football thinks you're sufficiently dodgy to suspend you, it would be hugely embarrassing for UEFA to keep him in post surely?

I'm more interested to see what action the FA take, they've unwisely long nailed their colours to Platini, ignoring his bung from Blatter.  I suppose it's too much for Dyke et al, to resign en masse as they should.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 16:14:08 »

I'm more interested to see what action the FA take, they've unwisely long nailed their colours to Platini, ignoring his bung from Blatter.  I suppose it's too much for Dyke et al, to resign en masse as they should.

Dyke won't be lasting much longer anyway, as he's coming up to having to retire from the FA. but a few others should reconsider their positions. With FIFA replacing Blatter with Hayatou, who was censured by the IOC for receiving bungs in regards to the ISL scandal, and UEFA replacing Platini with Villar, who is being investigated himself for not helping the investigation into the 2018/2022 World Cups, isn't it time for both organisations to have a clean sweep.

It might be time for someone like David Gill to put himself up for FIFA President, as the rest are dropping like flies.

BAZINGA !!

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 16:42:08 »

Dyke won't be lasting much longer anyway, as he's coming up to having to retire from the FA. but a few others should reconsider their positions. With FIFA replacing Blatter with Hayatou, who was censured by the IOC for receiving bungs in regards to the ISL scandal, and UEFA replacing Platini with Villar, who is being investigated himself for not helping the investigation into the 2018/2022 World Cups, isn't it time for both organisations to have a clean sweep.

It might be time for someone like David Gill to put himself up for FIFA President, as the rest are dropping like flies.

Hayatou has already said he doesn't want the gig long term...

Christ if David Gill is the best football can hope for, we may as well all give up and go home now... Sad
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 16:46:56 »

Christ if David Gill is the best football can hope for, we may as well all give up and go home now... Sad

Unfortunately, most at FIFA seem implicated in the scandal. In fact the IOC have called for an 'outsider' to reform FIFA.

And UEFA have announced that Platini is to remain as UEFA President while suspended...

I think this story needs to go from 'What's right with football?' to 'What's wrong with football?'  No Head Hurts
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 16:49:27 by Summerof69 » Logged

BAZINGA !!

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #414 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 10:48:32 »

Http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/20/fc-united-manchester-bbc-criticise

Fair play to these guys, also stating they won't move a game if it makes it difficult for away fans

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Barry Scott

« Reply #415 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 11:29:20 »

A footballer who doesn't gamble all his money away? I thought this story was pretty fucking good.

It's about Mathieu Flamini starting a bio fuel company in secret.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6742052/Mathieu-Flaminis-no-fuel.html
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 09:47:09 »

From the BBC, talking about the France friendly this week:

The Wembley Arch is due to be lit up in the red, white and blue colours of the French flag during Tuesday's game to show solidarity with France, which is in three days of mourning.

Screens outside the ground will show the French motto 'Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite' and before kick-off the words of the French national anthem will be shown for any fans who want to join in.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2015, 22:12:16 »

Absolutely despise the leading post match questions that get shoved at footballers - "are you glad you won" etc - and then we wonder why they're called thick.

But to ask anyone "what do you think the game was about today?" goes beyond that, and I think Rooney deserves huge credit for his answers today, about football uniting us.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 12:47:52 »

Blatter and Platini being turned down on their appeals against their 90 day ban, which should stop Platini being on the shortlist to be FIFA President.

There were stories in the press at the weekend, that the FIFA ethics committee have finished their investigation into the £1.35m bribe...sorry, payment, and they were preparing to ban the both for a long time. If true, that would surely mean Platini having to leave his role as UEFA President.

BAZINGA !!

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 16:46:17 »

Blatter and Platini being turned down on their appeals against their 90 day ban, which should stop Platini being on the shortlist to be FIFA President.

There were stories in the press at the weekend, that the FIFA ethics committee have finished their investigation into the £1.35m bribe...sorry, payment, and they were preparing to ban the both for a long time. If true, that would surely mean Platini having to leave his role as UEFA President.

Lets hope so but this story still has some way to go I think, surprised this is the only thing they can get Blatter on obviously good at covering his tracks.

Is it right though to elect someone from inside Fifa to president, its a shame none of the sponsors have enough balls to insist on someone independent to run Fifa and UEFA
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: